Lucy Letby case #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't say it's automatically inappropriate, if you have good rapport with a patient and their family or can offer consistency in care then its really normal to be reallocated. Often makes it easier for the nurse if its busy expecially if they're complex as they already know all their history. Also it's easier for the family to have consistency in their point if contact.
That being said, I'm not sure how much rapport she actually had with them, as the family didn't seem too struck on her. Possibly a huge lack of self awareness on her part or just her trying to stick her nose in.
I can imagine it might be different in physical health. In child psychiatric settings like the ones I know there are often attachment difficulties to think about, which are unlikely to be such an issue here, but it would still concern me if a staff member appeared to be so emotionally over-involved in anyone's care. At the very least it suggests poor boundaries to me.

Reactions: 9
I can imagine it might be different in physical health. In child psychiatric settings like the ones I know there are often attachment difficulties to think about, which are unlikely to be such an issue here, but it would still concern me if a staff member appeared to be so emotionally over-involved in anyone's care. At the very least it suggests poor boundaries to me.
Ah I work in psychiatric settings too! Definitely can be an issue with attachment or emerging personality disorders. It certainly seems she had poor boundaries.

Reactions: 8
As if it wasn’t confusing enough to follow the case anyway…today we’re jumping through cases.
DC8A4686-38B0-4F8E-AE19-ADCC5A1C7887.jpeg

E8220B3F-F46E-4DFA-A812-5645EFDA592A.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I don't find the card particularly odd. In the past we've sent cards from the ward, but then it sounds like relationships were strained so possibly not something they would do. The parents must have told them when the funeral would be, when we've been invited to a funeral and nobody's been able to go, we've sent a card. Maybe other nurses involved that night were able to go and she's the only one who couldn't? In that case I'd think sending a card would be fine.

The comments about the mum wearing a short dress were ridiculous, she's clearly in a separate bedroom with the door closed. But then her college replies 'OMG' so clearly a few of them were bitchy. Also noticed lots more messages sent from others to her talking about work, whereas earlier it seemed she was the one initiating the work chat, so seems they all messaged about it 🤷‍♀️
Sad really because you trust these people and this case has shown how bitchy these nurses are . Imagine being at your most vulnerable just having a baby and the staff are all texting each other about you and how you look what your wearing

… actually makes me physically sick that this goes on I will never trust a nurse again knowing they are talking behind your back

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Sad really because you trust these people and this case has shown how bitchy these nurses are . Imagine being at your most vulnerable just having a baby and the staff are all texting each other about you and how you look what your wearing

… actually makes me physically sick that this goes on I will never trust a nurse again knowing they are talking behind your back
i can assure you I know some of the darkest or most traumatic things about people I’ve met and yet I couldn’t sit here and say ‘Mrs x’ did something or looked a certain way off the top of my head - notes would prompt me but I don’t store their life in my mind for my own good. I often say to people that I don’t look at people as people - say if they feel nervous re smear test - the same way an accountant would look at a list of numbers - you’re looking at it to see how it comes together, if anything might be wrong with it and if you can put it right. I use the same logic to have my bikini line waxed knowing the beautician is looking at what needs doing as a task, not as my bits 🤪
I also live by the phrase that even when things aren’t bound by confidentiality, I wouldn’t be telling people anything that is not my business as it isn’t my business to tell. Please don’t think this behaviour from them is standard. I’ve never had a bitchy comment from a colleague in 20 years regarding a patient, anyone commenting in passing is usually complimenting how lovely a patient or relative is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
If she can stand, or worse still enjoy, hearing a baby screaming in prolonged agony, knowing it’s because of something she has done, then there are certainly some major wiring issues in her brain.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
We now have a gallery where I’ve added all the images of the evidence released by CPS

You can also find the images and link to gallery here on the first page of the wiki

64453375-B7D6-47C0-AF96-B98DA6113D98.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This is the messages she was sending to a colleague about what the mother was wearing, unprofessional and rude regardless
I got the impression she was suggesting the parents had been having sex. With her saying she heard lots of scrambling before appearing in a tiny lacy dress.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I think it’s been a strong week for the prosecution. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that she’s 100% guilty of all charges, and sadly so much more…

Reactions: 12
I got the impression she was suggesting the parents had been having sex. With her saying she heard lots of scrambling before appearing in a tiny lacy dress.
I thought that too, I highly doubt they were tho

Reactions: 7
I thought that too, I highly doubt they were tho
But also, even if they were, what is it to do with LL? Their baby was in hospital, their emotions were all over the place and sometimes when you’re in that state and craving that closeness these things do just happen. I’m not saying I think I’d have a quickie in hospital accommodation myself, but I’m sure many people have because of all the raw emotion involved. If that’s what they were doing they won’t be the first and the certainly won’t be the last. It’s literally none of that witch LL’s business whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.