• Not guilty

Votes: 28 5.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 132 24.4%
  • Guilty of some but not all of the charges

Votes: 70 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reminder from previous thread:
Instant ban for anyone sniping or arguing on this thread. No time for this constant mess. Agree to disagree and scroll on.
I’ve added an extra option on the poll as we’re moving through the charges and I know some people have strong views about particular cases.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
First time I have voted unsure. Baby H has through me off, I just don’t see how there is much to suggest it was her which puts me in doubt.

Reactions: 3
@Haveyouanywool yeah I get that, I wasn't meaning as much that I think the facts point a certain way, more the style of the reporting if that makes sense? It felt like the writer was NG.
Funnily enough I had been leaning more towards guilty before the break and since then feel like everything I've read is more NG, whereas when I was unsure, the evidence towards G was much more compelling.

If im making no sense its because I'm tired 😂

Reactions: 6
I still don't know what I think about guilty/not guilty. Feel like I need to hear more again as I've forgotten so much of the before christmas reporting due to the long break and patchy reporting.

However, I will concede that despite her claiming no recollection, she has consistently googled patents of each of the cases time and time again and I just find that weird. If she genuinely looked them up after another bad incident triggered her to think "I wonder how such and such baby is doing now as they also had bad incidents" then I could understand it more. Bit she just blanket claims not remembering doing it and that just seems so much more untruthful to me.

Reactions: 15
@Haveyouanywool yeah I get that, I wasn't meaning as much that I think the facts point a certain way, more the style of the reporting if that makes sense? It felt like the writer was NG.
Funnily enough I had been leaning more towards guilty before the break and since then feel like everything I've read is more NG, whereas when I was unsure, the evidence towards G was much more compelling.

I also read that article as NG

Reactions: 4

Kind of 😂
The headline was certainly more NG, I thought.
I’ve been wondering if there is less reporting as the comment sections have been turned off, for obvious reasons, and often these engender more, revenue generating, interest than the actual articles.

---

First time I have voted unsure. Baby H has through me off, I just don’t see how there is much to suggest it was her which puts me in doubt.
As Baby H had extra interventions of chest drains for pneumothorax, and required an ET tube for invasive ventilation, I think these would be very easy to sabotage.
I hope it has been emphasised in court that, nowadays, chest drains are uncommon for neonates and 3 being required is very, very unusual.
There has hardly been any mention of the mottling her father noted and that Baby H’s fingers on her right hand and a patch on her abdomen were white. There were also pink tinged secretions round her mouth.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve gone for the new option. I think she’s guilty of them all (although struggling with H) & possibly more than the ones she’s on trial for. But I do think they may find her not guilty of some of the charges which is why I’ve voted that one this time

Reactions: 10
Kind of 😂
The headline was certainly more NG, I thought.
I’ve been wondering if there is less reporting as the comment sections have been turned off, for obvious reasons, and often these engender more, revenue generating, interest than the actual articles.

---

As Baby H had extra interventions of chest drains for pneumothorax, and required an ET tube for invasive ventilation, I think these would be very easy to sabotage.
I hope it has been emphasised in court that, nowadays, chest drains are uncommon for neonates and 3 being required is very, very unusual.
There has hardly been any mention of the mottling her father noted and that Baby H’s fingers on her right hand and a patch on her abdomen were white. There were also pink tinged secretions round her mouth.
thanks for that info, tbh I think all I have saw about H is one write up which I personally think has been written as though someone who think NG. I must say I have doubt on H but I really cannot explain a way of her being innocent for the rest so if I had to make the decision right now I thimk I’d have to go guilty. Seems to be a lot of things gone wrong for H though which hopefully the family can get answers for.

Reactions: 7
I still don't know what I think about guilty/not guilty. Feel like I need to hear more again as I've forgotten so much of the before christmas reporting due to the long break and patchy reporting.

However, I will concede that despite her claiming no recollection, she has consistently googled patents of each of the cases time and time again and I just find that weird. If she genuinely looked them up after another bad incident triggered her to think "I wonder how such and such baby is doing now as they also had bad incidents" then I could understand it more. Bit she just blanket claims not remembering doing it and that just seems so much more untruthful to me.
It's like she doesn't remember a single search and the times of the searches are at very strange times and one after another with all babies connected to these charges within minutes a lot of the time. It makes you wonder what she was hoping to see. The live Chester Standard reporting today described a lot of normal sounding phone calls and texts such as to her mum about Christmas but then her Facebook searches were revealed by the police analyst which appeared sinister. It seems her life completely revolved around the hospital and whilst it could seem dedicated it could also indicate she had to remain involved all the time to know what was happening to the babies she was harming. I previously worked for a bank and we had a member of staff who was stealing money on quite a large scale. She didn't dare take holidays as she constantly had to cover her tracks. She eventually was found, tried and sent to prison.

Reactions: 13
It was interesting in that write up that the mum’s statement said Lucy was reserved & didn’t have much to do with the parents but then her other actions like overly involving herself & then searching the parents & the card? Just don’t quite match do they?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah it's the one who often does the live reporting.
His headline comes across as someone who thinks guilty. I wonder if he staying impartial or does have a slight unintentional inclination of guilt after actually being there in the court

Reactions: 3
It's worth reminding yourself of Baby I's opening. She was the one that convinced me most in opening statements.

Her XR had massive amounts of air in her stomach and intestines. She seems to have had a post mortem where her intestines were blown up like a balloon because of how much air was inside them. Lots of air was suctioned out of her stomach during resuscitation. Nurse looking after her coming back to LL stood over the bed not helping as she gasped for breath once every 20 seconds - LL bragging in the police interview that she was 'able to spot something the other nurse wasn't able to spot' because she was 'more experienced'. The NG and ET tubes pulled back preventing air in her digestive system being able to come out. LL observing the post mortem bath, packing the clothes, and sending a sympathy card to the parents - which she kept a picture of.

BM's response is that Baby I died of NEC - which the coroner disagreed with, and she showed no evidence of.

Horrible.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
It's worth reminding yourself of Baby I's opening. She was the one that convinced me most in opening statements.

Her XR had massive amounts of air in her stomach and intestines. She seems to have had a post mortem where her intestines were blown up like a balloon because of how much air was inside them. Lots of air was suctioned out of her stomach during resuscitation. Nurse looking after her coming back to LL stood over the bed not helping as she gasped for breath once every 20 seconds - LL bragging in the police interview that she was 'able to spot something the other nurse wasn't able to spot' because she was 'more experienced'. The NG and ET tubes pulled back preventing air in her digestive system being able to come out. LL observing the post mortem bath, packing the clothes, and sending a sympathy card to the parents - which she kept a picture of.

BM's response is that Baby I died of NEC - which the coroner disagreed with, and she showed no evidence of.

Horrible.
It's unusual to send a sympathy card from nurse to patient and I think she said it was the only one she ever sent but then to take a photo of the sympathy card and to keep on her phone is definitely very strange.

Reactions: 14

Horrible.
Yep. And then look through the wiki, back at all the similarities and indeed forward too. The air by babies spines. The baby is blown up like a balloon. The feed time and what was aspirated do not add up. I’m sorry but the baby was looking around the room, mum could sit her up, she was smiling and having bottle feeds. You have to at least accept to go from that to dying of “extreme prematurity” after so long doing well, is at best an incredibly unlikely and unusual trajectory. Again. This is another baby that was going to live.
I don’t believe for a second this baby wasn’t harmed intentionally.

---

It's unusual to send a sympathy card from nurse to patient and I think she said it was the only one she ever sent but then to take a photo of the sympathy card and to keep on her phone is definitely very strange.
Yes I’ve heard people say perhaps she sent it to someone to check wording but presumably they’d have a record of that if she had ever sent it. Trophy. Same as the paperwork.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I'd never do it. It feels weird and invasive - maybe one from the ward, but not from me. Especially since Mum says she didn't have much to do with LL.

Anyone I sent that card to check over would also think I had a screw loose.

Reactions: 11
Yep. And then look through the wiki, back at all the similarities and indeed forward too. The air by babies spines. The baby is blown up like a balloon. The feed time and what was aspirated do not add up. I’m sorry but the baby was looking around the room, mum could sit her up, she was smiling and having bottle feeds. You have to at least accept to go from that to dying of “extreme prematurity” after so long doing well, is at best an incredibly unlikely and unusual trajectory. Again. This is another baby that was going to live.
I don’t believe for a second this baby wasn’t harmed intentionally.

---

Yes I’ve heard people say perhaps she sent it to someone to check wording but presumably they’d have a record of that if she had ever sent it. Trophy. Same as the paperwork.
I guess she could have taken the picture and then showed someone it on her phone rather than sending it? If that's what she's saying she did.
Do we know if the picture was of the inside or the front of the card?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.