Lucie and the bump

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Support bubbles mean you essentially become one family unit. So if you wouldn’t moan about her doing calligraphy with her husband, you shouldn’t care that she’s doing it with her sister.

Reactions: 4
Support bubbles mean you essentially become one family unit. So if you wouldn’t moan about her doing calligraphy with her husband, you shouldn’t care that she’s doing it with her sister.
Good point - just seems a crazy rule to me! I totally understand needing help with a baby or just a nap but calligraphy just seems unnecessary when a lot of others are going without. And the bragging when some people haven’t seen their friends and family in so long

Good point - just seems a crazy rule to me! I totally understand needing help with a baby or just a nap but calligraphy just seems unnecessary when a lot of others are going without. And the bragging when some people haven’t seen their friends and family in so long
Exactly
This idiot is the queen of the humble brag

Reactions: 2
I'd be more concerned that in the now deleted post she tells everyone her baby has a high temperature and then goes about her business, commenting to people that she isn't getting him tested as he doesn't have symptoms. Suddenly changes her mind that it isn't a cold or virus and must be teething. If she is in a support bubble with her sister that means that not only will Harry be mixing with his school next week but her nieces will be at their own schools too. Let's just pray that Dr Lucie and her diagnosis of teething is right.

Reactions: 6
I think that’s exactly the point - it’s the bragging that’s the issue.

I don’t begrudge her seeing her sister and hanging out with her etc as I think support bubbles are so important for postnatal mental health but she should be humble about it.

Reactions: 1
That's like saying someone who posts that they're with their children/husband/wife is bragging?

I post photos with my household (husband and 2 children) all the time. Whatever our household/bubble looks like, that's each person's right to spend time with them, take photos with them and post about them. Shes entitled to use a support bubble and she's doing just that

• Heart
That's like saying someone who posts that they're with their children/husband/wife is bragging?

I post photos with my household (husband and 2 children) all the time. Whatever our household/bubble looks like, that's each person's right to spend time with them, take photos with them and post about them. Shes entitled to use a support bubble and she's doing just that
i totally agree with you.

Its not really the same.

Every single person in the UK can be with their household. Not everyone can be in a support bubble.

Any of my friends in support bubbles with a baby under 1 are very aware that the vast majority of people can’t see their parents or siblings etc and so don’t post photos of themselves enjoying a Sunday dinner with their parents as although it’s totally allowed and within the rules, the majority of people can’t do it right now and so they’re aware it’s a little insensitive.
I guess it depends on whether you take things like that into account or not. Personally, I would.

I totally understand everyone is different & I hope I word this right & don’t just get shot down for an opinion but her whole lifestyle just doesn’t sit right with me. She cries post natal depression/ anxiety one day then the next she’s living her best life. Now I know stories/ pictures are just a snap shot of someone’s life but I don’t know it just doesn’t sit right. I’ve never suffered any form of anxiety/ depression that I know of but I’ve had low days where I feel extremely sad/ low & I can’t imagine how awful it is to feel like that for days, weeks, months. I don’t really know what I’m trying to say really to be honest

Reactions: 8
I totally understand everyone is different & I hope I word this right & don’t just get shot down for an opinion but her whole lifestyle just doesn’t sit right with me. She cries post natal depression/ anxiety one day then the next she’s living her best life. Now I know stories/ pictures are just a snap shot of someone’s life but I don’t know it just doesn’t sit right. I’ve never suffered any form of anxiety/ depression that I know of but I’ve had low days where I feel extremely sad/ low & I can’t imagine how awful it is to feel like that for days, weeks, months. I don’t really know what I’m trying to say really to be honest

I get what you’re saying. She’s reaching out and connecting with vulnerable women dealing with various mental health issues when she posts about her own diagnosis and uses it as relatable content to boost engagement so when she posts a shiny happy #ad the next day it could be damaging to some followers who may wonder why they’re not “bouncing back” and feeling positive again too.

This isn’t really Lucie’s fault or responsibility but it is somewhat uneasy to watch. I think if you are posting mental health content then it’s a good idea to just post some contact numbers for help services or something every so often.

• Heart
I get what you’re saying. She’s reaching out and connecting with vulnerable women dealing with various mental health issues when she posts about her own diagnosis and uses it as relatable content to boost engagement so when she posts a shiny happy #ad the next day it could be damaging to some followers who may wonder why they’re not “bouncing back” and feeling positive again too.

This isn’t really Lucie’s fault or responsibility but it is somewhat uneasy to watch. I think if you are posting mental health content then it’s a good idea to just post some contact numbers for help services or something every so often.
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head of where I was trying to go with it all. Although not her place to be some kind of mental health ambassador I do feel like she’s opened up & now it’s back on with the show. Even like you say just sharing some support pages & numbers. Not everyone can afford private therapy. It does very much feel like she’s used it all for content & engagement

Reactions: 1
“Harry played out in the street all weekend with his friends” not friend, multiple friends! I know the kids go back to school tomorrow but we are still in lockdown and her not giving a tit who she tells on ig is totally wrong

“Harry played out in the street all weekend with his friends” not friend, multiple friends! I know the kids go back to school tomorrow but we are still in lockdown and her not giving a tit who she tells on ig is totally wrong
Like a dog with a bone.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
you’ve got a real problem with her haven’t you?

• Wow
Oh tit!!! Sorry. I don’t mean to anger people, I just thought that was what this forum was for?!?!

Reactions: 5
Oh tit!!! Sorry. I don’t mean to anger people, I just thought that was what this forum was for?!?!

It is.

Think any lockdown comments maybe rile people up as everyone interprets the rules differently.

I didn’t think your comment was particularly harsh - it does seem stupid to post about your kid playing out all day with a bunch of other kids when we’re supposed to be in lockdown.

Reactions: 9
I completely agree with your comment. Dunno why other people are getting arsey with you.

The kids shouldn’t be mixing, end of!

The fact she proudly shares it on insta is really irresponsible as it will encourage others to do the same.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.