Love Island UK 2021 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How Sharon and Faye reacted to Hugo last night was hypocritical and mean. However, I have naturally big lips and high cheekbones. Since the rise of fillers etc, I am regularly stopped by strangers to kindly tell me that I’ve ruined my face and would be prettier without ‘all the work’. I’ve had random women just shout ‘Botox’ in my face on nights out, I’ve overheard colleagues discussing why how ‘stupid’ my lips look and god forbid I politely disagree with someone online because you can guarantee my ‘plastic face’ will be mentioned and I will be told I look like a ******. I imagine it’s the same for Sharon and Faye. I’m not defending how they dealt with it but if I get it without surgery, I dread to think what people think it’s ok to say to them.
I honestly don't think you can win as a woman though. I've never worn makeup my whole life and have had maybe 5% positive reactions to that (not that I should be even getting reactions!). It's always "oh you could look so pretty with makeup", "just a bit of mascara", "come on, just a bit of blush!", "oh it's just some lippie, what are you moaning for?". And of course the inevitable "are you sick", "are you tired?". They would never admit to it, but I strongly suspect I lost out on 3-4 jobs because of it. Although to the other extreme, in one job I got, on my first day my manager told me "I gave you it because you don't wear makeup and I think you'll make the fat women feel better". I mean, that bleeping speaks for itself doesn't it? Safe to say I didn't stay. If you are 'natural', men want 'fake' and if you are 'fake', they want 'natural'. Usually what this means, is they want you dolled up, but not to the point where they can clearly tell.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
How Sharon and Faye reacted to Hugo last night was hypocritical and mean. However, I have naturally big lips and high cheekbones. Since the rise of fillers etc, I am regularly stopped by strangers to kindly tell me that I’ve ruined my face and would be prettier without ‘all the work’. I’ve had random women just shout ‘Botox’ in my face on nights out, I’ve overheard colleagues discussing why how ‘stupid’ my lips look and god forbid I politely disagree with someone online because you can guarantee my ‘plastic face’ will be mentioned and I will be told I look like a ******. I imagine it’s the same for Sharon and Faye. I’m not defending how they dealt with it but if I get it without surgery, I dread to think what people think it’s ok to say to them.
Jealous twats. Hold that head high girl.

Reactions: 16
Why is it not on until 10 (sorry if this has been mentioned)
Presume the poxy football 🤣

So it's on at 10pm tonight so it doesn't clash with the football. :rolleyes:

I vaguely remember a few years ago England game went into extra time and this delayed an episode for about an hour. :unsure:
That's crazy. I presume cause loads of girls are out watching it too .. just hit me the only 2 lads I know that watch it, one is forced by gf and the other is gay and loves the drama 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh ffs 🤣 its a different channel and I'm sure people who like both will pick the footy and catch up on love island. Its 2021 we have the hub and record. Plus I'm not young like the islanders and lucky if I manage to stay away through a 9pm ep nvm bloody 10pm 👵💤

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wish next year they would try it with an older group starting from like 28 upwards because I’d rather watch a show where they genuinely want to find the one instead of looking for boohoo contracts

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I wish next year they would try it with an older group starting from like 28 upwards because I’d rather watch a show where they genuinely want to find the one instead of looking for boohoo contracts
Yes deffo , that would be so much better. It won't happen though 🙄

Reactions: 6
Will it be on later than 10 if England goes to extra time/penalties (as it’s looking!!)

Reactions: 2
The game is going on for extra half hour, is LI still going to be at 10 or pushed back. I'll have to catch up at 11 if so grrrr😡😡😡😡

If LI is on now I might just switch over as the football is testing my nerves too much!! Can't cope!

Reactions: 5
How Sharon and Faye reacted to Hugo last night was hypocritical and mean. However, I have naturally big lips and high cheekbones. Since the rise of fillers etc, I am regularly stopped by strangers to kindly tell me that I’ve ruined my face and would be prettier without ‘all the work’.
That's very sad. Those strangers who stop you must not be well in the head. I mean what normal person would stop a stranger to insult their physical appearance. Insane!!

Reactions: 2
Ohhhh I’m gonna watch on +1 then!! (Nothing else for me to do being off work with covid!!!) so will catch up with this thread later my lovelies 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.