Love Island Series 1

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still watching 👍
ive been missing some nights and catching up more on others and am at the same place as you all :) when the ITV Hub reminds me not to vote as I may still be charged and it not counted 🤣 I can imagine us all voting 7 years too late cause we’re that into it. 😭ing for Jon and Hannah last night….someone on here (can’t remember who) said ages ago that Jess grew on them and I totally get that now 🎉

Reactions: 3
Jon calling Jess a hag is not nice :( she hasn't even slept with anyone?! (that I remember)
Honestly! And, not like it even matters if she did sleep with someone, they're all adults and sex shouldn't be a shameful thing for either person engaged (even though it seems like Jon only thinks the behavior is gross if a woman has it, but nothing's wrong with a man sleeping around).

Reactions: 2
I’ve had to skim past all your comments because of potential spoilers (the shame of being on only ep 11) but just had to say from someone who only recently became a LI fan ( ie the season of the Maura Higgins Show) - it is amazing the comparison of Caroline to Laura. S1 demonstrates how hands on she was with the process - even, as she said herself, texting Ian Sterling during the week with their takes and goss. It’s really very sad how someone so fun and vivacious is no longer with us.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve had to skim past all your comments because of potential spoilers (the shame of being on only ep 11) but just had to say from someone who only recently became a LI fan ( ie the season of the Maura Higgins Show) - it is amazing the comparison of Caroline to Laura. S1 demonstrates how hands on she was with the process - even, as she said herself, texting Ian Sterling during the week with their takes and goss. It’s really very sad how someone so fun and vivacious is no longer with us.
Exactly how I feel. I never watched LI until this year and then started with series 1 so I have nothing else to compare to it. I never watched LI or whatever the itv show she did with olly murs (idol?) So my only knowledge of Caroline is from strictly. I didn't warm to her on that as she seemed a stage school brat who comes to the show with a certain amount of dancing knowledge so I don't root for those ones. But having seen her on LI series 1, LI really was her baby and she was so perfect on it. Warm, friendly and making the islanders open up and she could deal with the pressure and unpredictability of the public on live tv brilliantly. I feel sad at the loss of her and guilty I didn't know what she was really like when she was alive. You can see how affected she would have been by being sacked/suspended and the prospect of watching someone else do the job she loved.

Reactions: 6
Exactly how I feel. I never watched LI until this year and then started with series 1 so I have nothing else to compare to it. I never watched LI or whatever the itv show she did with olly murs (idol?) So my only knowledge of Caroline is from strictly. I didn't warm to her on that as she seemed a stage school brat who comes to the show with a certain amount of dancing knowledge so I don't root for those ones. But having seen her on LI series 1, LI really was her baby and she was so perfect on it. Warm, friendly and making the islanders open up and she could deal with the pressure and unpredictability of the public on live tv brilliantly. I feel sad at the loss of her and guilty I didn't know what she was really like when she was alive. You can see how affected she would have been by being sacked/suspended and the prospect of watching someone else do the job she loved.
This is exactly how I feel! I never got the love for a Caroline but watching LI with her presenting I completely get if

I’ve watched this season twice before, decided to watch it again after the shitshow that was the most recent series. I’m on episode one, totally forgot about Rachel and Danielle 😂

Yes - it’s interesting isn’t it? I hadn’t watched LI as I said but funnily enough my daughter’s school was a ‘park n stride’ school so I usually parked at the nearby library and waited for her. At the library, I happened upon and read Caroline’s autobiography I think it was called Life in a C-Cup - and it was well written, funny and engaging. Looking at LI S1 is an eye opener as to her talent - v energetic interaction and quick wit.

Honestly! And, not like it even matters if she did sleep with someone, they're all adults and sex shouldn't be a shameful thing for either person engaged (even though it seems like Jon only thinks the behavior is gross if a woman has it, but nothing's wrong with a man sleeping around).
John is such a sexist pig. The slag thing is bad enough (although sadly most of the boys in the villa seem to think the same as he does). But one moment that sickened me is in one of the episodes Naomi says she's in the corporate world (admittedly this is a bit vague) and John says something along the lines of 'what so you're a receptionist for the main boss', not able to comprehend when Naomi actually tells him that she has a decent job in marketing and manages a whole team. It's disgusting. I think he said something derogatory about sleeping with the male boss too.

It's only 2015 but the attitudes to women from the men seem to be from the 60's. It's insane to see how much the language has changed in just 6 years. Also some of the phrases genuinely confuse me eg the term 'necking on'- I'm pretty sure this term was popular in the early 00's when I was at school and I'd not heard it since, until I watched this series!

Reactions: 9
Don’t remember Jon being this much of a wanker 🤔 he loves shouting people’s business and putting people on the spot. I think he’s a loud-mouth prick for that. He seems to enjoy doing it to everyone. Just saw him shouting at Naomi from the balcony. Don’t like Naomi at all but it made her cry ffs 😒

Reactions: 7
Watching with subtitles on as you do.. Hulk wants to show Zoe a big blue spider in the bathroom… *Slapping* 🙊🤣

Josh is a dirty little snake. I feel so sorry for Jess. Why would you make that into a huge deal (to loud mouth Jon of all people!) when you were the one bringing your willy into the convo 🤢 cuntish move.

Reactions: 3