Love Island 2022 #60 ❤️🏝

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heyyy... I'm a bit behind... I couldn't keep going, never even watched the final episodes from the baby challenge onwards this year because it was just so so baddd (only even watched at all last year cos I was heavily pregnant!!)

Just watched first few episodes of s4 LI USA and omg so much better than the last 2 UK ones!!! (which as a die hard LI fan is a hard pill to swallow!!!)

Anyway just wanted to recommend to others as I am lovinggg this series from over the pond! The eye candy, the friendships, the personalities, the drama, the challenges... Better in every way than the last 2 DIRE efforts from UK wtf?! They are getting it wrong on every level and it's seriously making me mad!!!! And so sad!!!
UK 2 & 3 were hands down the best, I hated 4 & 5 at the time because they felt so different and not as good as previous... However since 7 & 8, rewatching 4 and 5 even they seem so much better in comparison!!!
(6 doesn't even get a mention cos it was so dull!!)
I'm seriously hoping that next year they go back to basics with it, they are so petrified of doing anything wrong and getting backlash... When at the end of the day, it's adults participating therefore they should just allow them to smoke and drink again, stop it feeling so scripted and curated and bloody borrrring!!!

I agree with others it needs shaking up... I hope they can get it back on track next year🤞🏻

Ps anyone with sky can watch most recent USA series now 👍😘

Reactions: 5
I hate posting from the The Sun but apparently Maya is confirmed.

Unsurprising...but a little disappointing. While she looks the part, I actually think she's a weaker presenter than Laura. I've found her to be incredibly bland/wooden, on the shows I've seen her host.

I didn't honestly think it would be Maura (or Ekin-Su), as while she'd be great for the walk-on/on island stuff...they'd clearly want someone with more experience for hosting Aftersun/the finale interviews (which is why I don't believe for a second she is being considered for Big Brother host. I suspect that rumour was rapidly thrown out there by ITV2...purely to stop all the chatter about her being Love Island host :cautious:).

Still, I was hoping they might have gone for someone with a bit more personality. AJ Odudu or even Rylan, would have been a way better choices IMO.

Reactions: 15
I’m delighted it’s not Maura or Ekin. Big personalities on the show but zero personality outside of it.

Reactions: 35
Ekin wouldn't be able to do it , she still seems to be getting used to the fame and influencing , I don't think she's confident enough yet

Reactions: 8
I’m glad Maya got it because I was worried Emily Atack was getting it. Did you notice Murad made his YouTube video on the same day as the love island host news 🥴

Reactions: 13
I hate posting from the The Sun but apparently Maya is confirmed.

OMG YESSSS I LOVE HERRR😭🙏✨

Edit to add... Id have much preferred AJ odudu (Queen) but maya is a vast improvement on Laura and was my 2nd choice/hope to AJ yasss😍🥲
Let's hope pray this is the start of good things coming for love island going forward🙏🏝🙏🏝💕

Reactions: 6
I know i dont know much about MJ but im sorry LW was just awful.Im still not over those curtains she wore for the last final. I mean how on earth did any stylist look with her in the mirror and tell her she looked great. Screechy and loud with no softness and heart that Caroline had. I dont mean to troll her maybe shes great at other stuff. Also i cant stand it when women feel they have to be ultra thin to be accepted. Maybe shes naturally skinny but theres nothing wrong with a bit of meat. Fearne Cotton is another.Life goal? STAY THIN. Its so dated. anyway...i hope that awful Iain goes too. "WHAT HAPPENNNNEDDD NEEXXXXXT!!" oh shut it.

Reactions: 3
Isn’t maya the one who did all those colorist tweets? Just seeing them now.
Also why do we all have green hats have I slept through to paddy’s day? 😁

• Wow
  • Haha
Laura is literally one of the worst hosts I’ve ever seen in my life. So the only way is up! I agree that while Maya is gorgeous and has enthusiasm, she’s not a great host. I think she can be a decent one though, and that’s enough for me tbh. Aftersun might be bearable to watch now, Laura was such a mean girl and really killed the vibe every week.

Reactions: 12
I thought Paige going back to being a paramedic might make me warm to her and while I do respect it this Q&A is not making me warm to her. I think there is such a side to her.

Reactions: 7
I thought Paige going back to being a paramedic might make me warm to her and while I do respect it this Q&A is not making me warm to her. I think there is such a side to her.
I did think it was a stupid thing for her to say in her video she knew it was gonna be a great shift. Odd thing to say as a paramedic

Also I wonder how she’ll cope now Adam’s in Bali on a fitness retreat surrounded by girls

Reactions: 3
Maya will be there for the girls and the tea. She’s an infinite improvement on Whitmore.

Reactions: 9
I just saw the photo of Davide smoking a cigar for BooHoo man . How did that happen? I though smoking was banned in ads. Maybe not for reality stars though.
I think Tasha is taking on too many brands. It looks tacky doing too many ads but I get she doesn’t know how long fame will last.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.