Love Island 2022 #30 Jacques is out of the window… and delete!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please forgive me if I am speaking out of turn (I don’t have any experience with ADHD), but why would having ADHD be a legitimate excuse for Jacques’ behaviour?
His family were saying it impacts his ability to show emotions etc which is true, but it doesn’t excuse his behaviour at all. I think that post about his ADHD has actually done more harm than good.

Reactions: 21
I saw someone blaming his behaviour on the producers. I’m sorry did they make him be an utter twit getting with other girls?

Reactions: 13
Anyone else think the producers are struggling a bit at what direction to go...more bombshells wont work..casa is done...
They need to make it fun! More games, challenges. Give them some booze for the love of God! They must all be bored senseless! 😂🎉

Reactions: 19
So Paige will couple up with Adam.im already bored.I mean more bored.
With jacques out of the picture I think he’ll change tact and go for gemma. He’s not here for a love story he’s here to cause trouble.

At this rate there’ll be no lads left 😂

Reactions: 14
Please forgive me if I am speaking out of turn (I don’t have any experience with ADHD), but why would having ADHD be a legitimate excuse for Jacques’ behaviour?
Well it isn’t, Jacques was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 9, plenty of time to learn about, manage and cope with the condition.
That said I’m waiting to hear his statement, and hope it’s just that, a statement not an excuse.

Reactions: 12
Pisses me off that the #BeKind is being used towards anyone remotely criticising Jacques. His behaviour was gaslighting and was completely awful. Of course members of the public are going to have strong feelings towards ill treatment of Paige. I also suspect tonight’s episode is not going to go well for him. He has a temper that’s for sure.

I sincerely hope upon his departure he is adequately supported, and I think it’s disgusting for anyone to send death threats or troll his family. I hope he just carries on rugby.

But now everyone feels sorry for him because he’s left. He’s done it to himself! At the first possibility of rejection he lashes out.

Reactions: 28
Pisses me off that the #BeKind is being used towards anyone remotely criticising Jacques. His behaviour was gaslighting and was completely awful. Of course members of the public are going to have strong feelings towards ill treatment of Paige. I also suspect tonight’s episode is not going to go well for him. He has a temper that’s for sure.

I sincerely hope upon his departure he is adequately supported, and I think it’s disgusting for anyone to send death threats or troll his family. I hope he just carries on rugby.

But now everyone feels sorry for him because he’s left. He’s done it to himself! At the first possibility of rejection he lashes out.
Be kind annoys me so much. It’s just used an excuse for horrible people to not be held accountable for their crappy behaviour

• Heart
Reactions: 30
You didn't hear it from me

But word on the street is the villian Adam found out about Coco magical tits and made Jax suck one, Paige caught him and he's leaving due to tit gate

Coco and Adam are now coupled and will be featured on September OK issue with the title "The Titty and McFitty spill all"

Keep this between yourself though lol

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Paige looks so done with it all on the terrace.

It looks like the girls are winding jacques up and he can’t hack it at all.

Reactions: 6
Anyone else think the producers are struggling a bit at what direction to go...more bombshells wont work..casa is done...
They could do something original like give the Casa girls some screentime......both Coco and Summer seem to have more about them than Danica. Try and build a new relationship.

Paige's time in the villa is done, her guy that she has feelings for has walked and I've zero interest in Adam coupling up. He now needs to split Andrew/Tasha for good.

Reactions: 3
The irony of Jacques leaving right after him and Paige became the bookies second favourite to win 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Tbh, I know we all love this show cos it’s entertaining and funny and we get to comment on everything as a group and it’s a hilarious online bonding experience.

I think it’s seen as this like “peak” thing to lots of people, where it turns real people famous and into stars etc. I mean don’t we all know some people who would do literally anything to go on it, just for the fame that it can create?

Sadly, it only works out successfully for a few select people - some people have their reputations and lives ruined from going on the show. I mean, yeah Molly Mae did well, so did Maura, Chris Hughes, Jack Fincham to name a few - but think of how many completely flopped, whether they faded into obscurity and resort to making cringey TikToks centred around the show a year after appearing on it like Hugo, or left their careers for it to backfire on them and leave them in a worse position than before.

With Jacques, even though he has come across as a bit of a nob, he will come out to loads of rinsing about that skid mark photo and it’ll go on for ages and ages afterwards, people will forever bring that up to him even if it’s years from now. I can’t help but feel he would’ve been better off sticking to his rugby and focusing on that.

And one last thing - I know that the contestants sign up to this tit and they know what they’re in for, I know that; but when I was watching it the beginning of this season, it did occur to me how strange and kind of exploitative it was, having strangers sleep in the same bed together from the jump. Idk 🤷🏼‍♀️ just my thoughts.
I agree with you to an extent, especially about the sleeping in the same bed thing. I think it would be so much better if they didn’t have to do that at the start, and the coupled up after a few days of dates and games getting to know each other.

Reality TV is pretty exploitative. It’s people with little to no media training being put in hyper normal situations, and manipulated in order to get them to react in an “entertaining” way (whether that be funny, sad, angry etc etc etc). It’s all done in order to get a reaction.

I enjoy watching LI for Tattle, but I do think you’d have to be an idiot to go on it. I honestly cannot think of anything worse

I think ES and Gemma are coming off the best this year. Gemma has definitely had media training prior to entering. ES is an actress and so knows how to get a reaction from cameras, and she knows story lines etc.

I just find it hard to have sympathy for people like Jacques who go on these shows because they’ve made that decision themselves. We all know that it’s manipulative. We all know that you’re going to be judged, many people won’t like you regardless, and that if you do anything that the public deem as irredeemable, you’re finished for life.

Being a part time z-lister is hard. Constantly trying to live up to a designer lifestyle you’re expected to have but can’t afford… that pressure alone must be awful. That’s what they say got to Mike in the end… the pressure of trying to appear a certain way and spiralling money issues. It must have been awful.

I think Social Media has a lot to answer for. We live in a world where we’re told we can have it all, and we watch people living these plush lives… but it isn’t real. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

[end unnecessary tangent of a Ted Talk]

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s not !!!!!!
My 7 year old has recently been diagnosed with ADHD and when he acts a wee bastard someone always says to me ‘oh it’s the ADHD’. And I’m like ITS NOT, he’s being a wee shite. I know my child and this is him being naughty etc.
ADHD is no excuse !! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Paige's time in the villa is done, her guy that she has feelings for has walked and I've zero interest in Adam coupling up.
Yeah it’s hard to know where she goes now. Unless they bring in a nice bombshell for her to win it with?

Reactions: 1
People talk about ES as if she is an established actress and knows how to behave for this and that...she had a bit part in a soap.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
OMG just saw crappy pants has left( out of the window and is now deleted)
can't wait for tonight's show!!!! is it 9pm yet!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.