Love Island 2022 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you think about the show, it's important to remember that ITV gets a % of the earnings the islanders make once they leave the villa.

They have no choice but to build up certain islanders ie the ones with the most social media following and discard the rest.

Gemma (damned if she does, damned if she doesn't from the moment it was announced she going into the villa), is growing her insta by 20k a day(Charlie was 1.7k over the weekend). She's guaranteed to break a million prior to the final week and then explode upto 2/2.5 million shortly after and thus securing the PLT contract. Remember last year NOBODY on the show got the PLT contract, instead they stuck with Molly-Mae....it's not Gemma that necessarily wants the PLT contract, it's ITV.
I can’t see any of these taking Molly-Mae’s PLT contract

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m fed up of hearing about Gemma’s parentage 😂 it’s not a flex or a storyline. It hasn’t been shown cos it’s a non event. If anything, these young islanders and probably viewers at home would think that Luca’s influencer connections are more clout-worthy than some 90s footballer.

Reactions: 17
I’m fed up of hearing about Gemma’s parentage 😂 it’s not a flex or a storyline. It hasn’t been shown cos it’s a non event. If anything, these young islanders and probably viewers at home would think that Luca’s influencer connections are more clout-worthy than some 90s footballer.
Has anyone even really cared about Michael Owen in terms of being an actual footballer recently? The last I thought about him was when he moved to Real from Liverpool circa 2005 I believe.

Now he's just known for being terrible terrible commentator.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And still, nobody has explained what red flags exactly they see in Jacques. Same can be said about everyone. Ekin-Su is a walking handful of red flags, so is Tasha, but Jacques - I just don't see it. He might be acting and trying for people to feel sorry for him - he is afraid to show feelings, poor Jacques, let's vote for him as the cutest guy in there.. but otherwise - I don't really see anything there. Same about Luka - so what if he knows who Gemma's dad is - what exactly does he get out of that? If they leave the villa together and they break up shortly after, cause it's not genuine, he doesn't get anything from it. Well maybe he'll be more known to people as being "famous" Gemma's LI boyfriend, but I'd say he'll gather followers on IG pretty quickly and get some deals after LI all on his own.

Agree with this totally. If it's about the fact that Gemma is rich, Luca won't get any money off her daddy for just being with her lol ridiculous. People see what they wanna see.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
If they were trying to push her and luca to win they’d be showing them having a laugh, going on dates etc. when they do get screentime it’s usually about him being clingy etc. these conspiracy theories happen every year 😂
Because most of us having been watching and following enough LI to see how it pans out. It’s not a conspiracy theory if it turns out to be correct.

case in point, Jack and Dani. She was immediately hyped up as being Danny Dyers daughter. She spoke about him a lot. Jack was edited to look like a happy go lucky Essex chappy.

they were among the first islanders to go in, hooked up pretty early on but had zero real chemistry. I remember people saying at the time it felt fake but I dismissed it. They had a few bits of manufactured drama (casa amor) but that only served to keep viewers invested in them as a couple. They won in July 2018 and by December that year they’d broken up.
By April 2019, Dani was pictured kissing her ex, and the next year she has a baby with him. Islanders pretending to be single isn’t new - Tom Parker did it too, and is now married to his girlfriend of a decade. There were rumours he’d pretended to be single to “further” his “career” which his girlfriend had agreed to.

Jack Fincham had a baby with a fling and is accused of using said child for insta likes, against the wishes of the mother. He’s rude and sexist and unkind towards said mother of his child. A far, far cry from the happy chappy we saw on LI.

and remember Montana and Alex? Montana found it difficult to let her guard down in relationships after being abandoned by her father, Alex coupled up with her, came on keen and told her he loved her… only to not see her on the outside and essentially ditch her.

over the years many, many contestants have played games and I expect many of them have colluded with production to provide good “storylines” for the show, in return for favourable editing and enhanced influencer careers.

Reactions: 11
There is something about Andrews mouth I don’t like - apart from the chat. It’s what lets him down looks wise but I can’t put my finger on it. Also his nipples just freak me out

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
People playing games on a game show. Who’d have thought it 🥲
I never really care what happens when it’s all over just bring me the entertainment 9pm-10pm.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
There is something about Andrews mouth I don’t like - apart from the chat. It’s what lets him down looks wise but I can’t put my finger on it. Also his nipples just freak me out
Omg SAME!!! His nipples freak me out too 😂😂 I was working out when to bring it up!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Jacques red flags for people asking;

🚩 hes rude to Ekin Su and about her.
🚩 he makes belittling comments about other islanders in general, both in what’s aired but also as asserted by Remi
🚩 he has double standards for the men in the villa v the females
🚩 when Jay expressed an interest in Paige, Jacques essentially told him to crack on. He’d just spent the night in the hideaway with her.
🚩 he’s been accused on bullying behaviour by another islander - remi
🚩 he himself was “shocked” to see that he had empathy with Paige when she was crying and upset.
🚩”I can tell she's smitten with me already” to the boys, about Paige
🚩 “I need to see what she looks like dressed up” about Paige
🚩 he was rude and ungracious to Danica. You want to be paired up with Paige, we get it. But poor Danica is stood there last - couldn’t he have tried to be gracious and kind?

Im sure there’s a ton more I’ve forgotten, and that’s just what’s been shown on TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Because most of us having been watching and following enough LI to see how it pans out. It’s not a conspiracy theory if it turns out to be correct.

case in point, Jack and Dani. She was immediately hyped up as being Danny Dyers daughter. She spoke about him a lot. Jack was edited to look like a happy go lucky Essex chappy.

they were among the first islanders to go in, hooked up pretty early on but had zero real chemistry. I remember people saying at the time it felt fake but I dismissed it. They had a few bits of manufactured drama (casa amor) but that only served to keep viewers invested in them as a couple. They won in July 2018 and by December that year they’d broken up.
By April 2019, Dani was pictured kissing her ex, and the next year she has a baby with him. Islanders pretending to be single isn’t new - Tom Parker did it too, and is now married to his girlfriend of a decade. There were rumours he’d pretended to be single to “further” his “career” which his girlfriend had agreed to.

Jack Fincham had a baby with a fling and is accused of using said child for insta likes, against the wishes of the mother. He’s rude and sexist and unkind towards said mother of his child. A far, far cry from the happy chappy we saw on LI.

and remember Montana and Alex? Montana found it difficult to let her guard down in relationships after being abandoned by her father, Alex coupled up with her, came on keen and told her he loved her… only to not see her on the outside and essentially ditch her.

over the years many, many contestants have played games and I expect many of them have colluded with production to provide good “storylines” for the show, in return for favourable editing and enhanced influencer careers.
Just wanted to say Montana totally settled for Alex, she’d been on her own for a while and probably didn’t want to be construed as a sad old single, she had no more feelings for Alex than Dani D did for Jack, no wonder they didn’t last.
Agree with everything else you say, every year it’s more and more obvious how some scenes are set up .. how long before we see a member of the team with a clapperboard shout “action”.

And still, nobody has explained what red flags exactly they see in Jacques. Same can be said about everyone. Ekin-Su is a walking handful of red flags, so is Tasha, but Jacques - I just don't see it. He might be acting and trying for people to feel sorry for him - he is afraid to show feelings, poor Jacques, let's vote for him as the cutest guy in there.. but otherwise - I don't really see anything there. Same about Luka - so what if he knows who Gemma's dad is - what exactly does he get out of that? If they leave the villa together and they break up shortly after, cause it's not genuine, he doesn't get anything from it. Well maybe he'll be more known to people as being "famous" Gemma's LI boyfriend, but I'd say he'll gather followers on IG pretty quickly and get some deals after LI all on his own.

Agree with this totally. If it's about the fact that Gemma is rich, Luca won't get any money off her daddy for just being with her lol ridiculous. People see what they wanna see.
No worries I will name a few

🚩Dated a CHILD when he was an adult (do I even need to go on)
🚩 Has a weird hatred for Ekin seemingly because she’s an outspoken woman
🚩Bullied Remi
🚩Was not only happy but actively encouraged Paige to be passed about to Jay like she was an object AFTER THEY JUST SPENT THE NIGHT IN HIDEAWAY
🚩Speaks volumes that Tasha was scared to call him out for also shaking his head at the recoupling . The guy is a bully.
🚩Saying to Paige “he’s never cared for anyone before” when his ex of 2 years is next door,
🚩Seems to conveniently want Paige only now she’s with someone else - male immaturity at its finest

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Tattlers trying to pick out a selection of red flags from Jacques to list

• Haha
Reactions: 26
No worries I will name a few

🚩Dated a CHILD when he was an adult (do I even need to go on)
🚩 Has a weird hatred for Ekin seemingly because she’s an outspoken woman
🚩Bullied Remi
🚩Was not only happy but actively encouraged Paige to be passed about to Jay like she was an object AFTER THEY JUST SPENT THE NIGHT IN HIDEAWAY
🚩Speaks volumes that Tasha was scared to call him out for also shaking his head at the recoupling . The guy is a bully.
🚩Saying to Paige “he’s never cared for anyone before” when his ex of 2 years is next door,
🚩Seems to conveniently want Paige only now she’s with someone else - male immaturity at its finest
.. and thinks he’s unassailable.
I remember someone on Big Brother making that comment about other contestants, they gathered everyone around and played the clip to the whole house .. if only LI had to balls to do the same.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Jack and Daningot a favourable edit though - luca and Gemma don’t. They’re not really featured and when they are it’s just him being clingy. If they were getting an edit like dami and Indiyah then yes I’d agree they’re being pushed toward the final but they really aren’t. They’re just kind of there.

Reactions: 1
Jack and Daningot a favourable edit though - luca and Gemma don’t. They’re not really featured and when they are it’s just him being clingy. If they were getting an edit like dami and Indiyah then yes I’d agree they’re being pushed toward the final but they really aren’t. They’re just kind of there.
they do get a favourable edit though. They haven’t shown Luca finding out who Gemmas dad was - a huge edit in his favour because it disguises the fact he only approached her after he found out about that. That helps Luca massively and completely changes how the public perceive him and the relationship. Obviously I don’t know what else happens in the island but the show massively focused on Gemma and therefore, by extension, Luca.

like someone else has pointed out, sometimes the best edit isn’t to shove them down our throats but to keep them in the background. Luca and Gemma are both shown more in the little diary room for example, than the likes of Danica.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They are just there, possibly because they’re not interesting to watch🤔
Gemma’s communication skills are poor, mostly comprising non answers, nothing to move the conversation along .. and Luca’s too transparent, should have picked a different girl, he’ll be furious when he finds out what little coverage they got after getting together,

Reactions: 4
They haven’t shown Luca finding out who Gemmas dad was - a huge edit in his favour because it disguises the fact he only approached her after he found out about that. That helps Luca massively and completely changes how the public perceive him and the relationship.
They didn’t show anyone finding out which would lead me to think it was requested to production by Gemma that it not be made a big deal of. Regardless the public are still slating him so not sure how it helped him massively 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
People playing games on a game show. Who’d have thought it 🥲
I never really care what happens when it’s all over just bring me the entertainment 9pm-10pm.
100% once they leave the villa I couldn’t give a tit what they do 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.