Love Island 2022 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, Caroline wasn’t suicidal because people said she had lipstick on her teeth ffs.
Some things are allowed to be funny (lipstick in teeth, toilet paper on a shoe) 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I can’t believe people can’t see what he is 🚩 this should be our next poll 🫣
when I saw that I KNEW there’d be two camps. 1. People who bought his bull and went goey over it and 2. The skeptics who think he’s playing a game. I fall into the latter group but younger (more naive) me would’ve fallen into the former.

I think the producers are basically setting up the following storylines;

1. Gemma and Luca as the solid couple set to win
2. Jacques and Paige: the laddy jock who gets in touch with his sweet sensitive side when he meets the nations sweetheart, Paige
3. Indiyah and Dami - friends to lovers trope
4. Davide and Ekin - enemies to lovers trope
5. Jay as the resident villain
6. Andrew as the nice guy who gets shafted by his pretty girlfriend but then (hopefully) finds a girl who treats him well
7. Danica, Charlie and Antigoni haven’t been in long enough to establish themselves and are very much supporting cast right now

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So apparently, the islanders found out about Gemma being Michael Owen’s daughter a few days in. At precisely the same time Luca suddenly decided from one conversation that they were made for each other 🤔 hmmm. Before that, he was most interested in Tasha from what I could see.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Gemma and Luca as the solid couple set to win
This baffles me. How do people think they’re being set up to win? Every milestone of their relationship has taken place offscreen. There’s been no dates, first kiss etc. The edit has Luca looking like a clingy weirdo and Gemma looking disinterested despite most islanders saying they’re both into each other. I just don’t get how people think production are trying to set them up for the win. I feel it’s more of a fear given everyone hates Luca..

Reactions: 17
This baffles me. How do people think they’re being set up to win? Every milestone of their relationship has taken place offscreen. There’s been no dates, first kiss etc. The edit has Luca looking like a clingy weirdo and Gemma looking disinterested despite most islanders saying they’re both into each other. I just don’t get how people think production are trying to set them up for the win. I feel it’s more of a fear given everyone hates Luca..
I hope they don’t win because it will feel completely manufactured.

Reactions: 13
Do you think Gemma has no interest in Luca because she’s wondering if he’s only with her because of her dad. Now that we know he definitely found out before he was interested.
It must be on her mind

Reactions: 9
Yeah she must be a bit suspicious. CAN I SUCK YOUR TOES GEM?
I think they have chemistry though, maybe as Luca is manufacturing it with the off the scale adoration.

Reactions: 7
Red flags is the most overused term on this thread - it was gaslighter last year.

I don’t like Jacques. I think he likes Paige but not as much as he’s letting on. I think the nice guy performance he’s doing the last few nights is an act and he can be nasty.

Reactions: 17
So apparently, the islanders found out about Gemma being Michael Owen’s daughter a few days in. At precisely the same time Luca suddenly decided from one conversation that they were made for each other 🤔 hmmm. Before that, he was most interested in Tasha from what I could see.
the fact they didn’t show Luca finding out who Gemma’s dad was, indicates to me they are trying to give him more favourable coverage. It explains why he suddenly came on so strong and paints him in a completely different light.

initially Gemma and Luca got a ton of screen time, to the point people were complaining about it on Twitter and I think production took a slightly different direction after that.

I think they’d invited in Jacques to act as a potential love triangle for Gemma but clearly that hasn’t happened, so they are working with his relationship with Paige and removing as much as they can of his less savoury personality elements (aka the bullying of Remi) to make him come across as a classic avoidant who finds redemption via his relationship with Paige. Redemption story arcs always do well on Love Island.

Gemma and Luca’s first kiss was aired around 13th June

i don’t think it’s especially significant they haven’t gone on a date yet, and I expect they will very soon.

i really don’t want them to win, but it does feel like production are trying to engineer that for them.

Likewise I don’t think producers are invested in Danica at all. She was chosen because she’s clearly a pretty ballsy and outspoken character. She was clearly only introduced as a way to stir trouble (and create drama and airtime for) Luca and Gemma.
There has been very little focus on her outside of that, s she’s essentially been chosen as supporting act for Luca and Gemma and gave Luca the “opportunity” to look besotted and devoted and romantic towards Gemma, in a way that detracted from his creepiness and made him look better.

his big dramatic moving of the duvet and refusing to sleep in the same bed as Danica was pure theatrics. Trying to show how he deeply cared for Gemma in a way that didn’t make him look creepy - and I’m positive production engineered that for him.

Red flags is the most overused term on this thread - it was gaslighter last year.

I don’t like Jacques. I think he likes Paige but not as much as he’s letting on. I think the nice guy performance he’s doing the last few nights is an act and he can be nasty.
because there’s a ton of dodging behaviour best described as red flags

last year there was a lot of toxic behaviour that was best described as gaslighting

what would you recommend we do? Pretend we don’t see it? Call it a different name?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why do people like Gemma and Luca so much? 🥴 I think they’re SO boring and awkward to watch when they’re on the screen. I don’t know what it is but Gemma doesn’t give him any eye contact and why is he obsessed with touching her constantly?

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
If they were trying to push her and luca to win they’d be showing them having a laugh, going on dates etc. when they do get screentime it’s usually about him being clingy etc. these conspiracy theories happen every year 😂

If Luca and Gemma had gotten a date similar to Dami and Indiyahs then I’d think yeah they’re definitely getting a good edit but they’re not. Unless I missed something the kiss wasn’t the usual bit love island moment they just hooked up in bed after that row about her calling him Jacques. Tonight now they’ll get a bit of focus and Luca will be ripped to shreds for whatever way he reacts to what Gemma said in first look.

How do people like Gemma and Luca? 🥴 I think they’re SO boring and awkward to watch when they’re on the screen. I don’t know what it is but Gemma doesn’t give him any eye contact and why is he obsessed with touching her constantly?
I don’t love them but I find the dislike of them so OTT that I end up sounding like a Stan 😂

Reactions: 4
If they were trying to push her and luca to win they’d be showing them having a laugh, going on dates etc. when they do get screentime it’s usually about him being clingy etc. these conspiracy theories happen every year 😂

If Luca and Gemma had gotten a date similar to Dami and Indiyahs then I’d think yeah they’re definitely getting a good edit but they’re not. Unless I missed something the kiss wasn’t the usual bit love island moment they just hooked up in bed after that row about her calling him Jacques. Tonight now they’ll get a bit of focus and Luca will be ripped to shreds for whatever way he reacts to what Gemma said in first look.

I don’t love them but I find the dislike of them so OTT that I end up sounding like a Stan 😂
I think if they showed more of them we would be more inclined to think that it’s set up and it’s the Gemma and Luca show. I think this way they are slow burners and will be in the background and not voted out. Let’s be honest if we see more of Luca people wouldn’t like him

• Heart
Reactions: 5
When you think about the show, it's important to remember that ITV gets a % of the earnings the islanders make once they leave the villa.

They have no choice but to build up certain islanders ie the ones with the most social media following and discard the rest.

Gemma (damned if she does, damned if she doesn't from the moment it was announced she going into the villa), is growing her insta by 20k a day(Charlie was 1.7k over the weekend). She's guaranteed to break a million prior to the final week and then explode upto 2/2.5 million shortly after and thus securing the PLT contract. Remember last year NOBODY on the show got the PLT contract, instead they stuck with Molly-Mae....it's not Gemma that necessarily wants the PLT contract, it's ITV.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Her make up artist was really petty 🤣
Hate the way she sticks out her tongue when she talks. Like what's with that? Don't know if she does it during Aftersun too, but in the first episode I had enough. Makes me cringe every time

Reactions: 2
I agree with people here, I think they are editing in favour of certain couples, namely Gemma and Luca. We see so little of them - seeing nothing is safer than potentially seeing something we don't like.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.