Love Island 2022 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
jax definitely thinks he’s an alpha male😂 him and luca are like the ringleaders of the group
also didn’t dami say he doesn’t chat to luca “like that” after the whole andrew thing? i got the vibe he doesn’t like luca after that.
Actually, men who think they are Alpha males are really Beta males. They are overt, obvious and aggressive. They eventually come a cropper. The True Alpha is actually a quieter, calmer, intelligent strategist, who bides their time and plays the long game before going in for the kill. I would put Charlie in this role, but I haven't seen enough of him yet to be sure.

Reactions: 13
To be fair I think it was always intended for the single islanders to stay. Dom only left in S3 because he had expressed that he was only interested in Jess who was at home.
You’ve got me thinking there, I can’t quote chapter and verse but I remember well the night when everyone came back from Casa Amor in Series 4, we had already seen Meghan announcing she was re-coupling and we knew Wes was coming back on his own: I remember thinking we would be losing Wes and it was a big surprise to me when Caroline invited him to sit down, hopefully someone will remember for sure. Otherwise the night I’m describing was (IMO) one of the best ever episodes of LI, we had the Georgia/Dev drama that same night, all beautifully presented by Caroline, whose timing was always impeccable, Whitmore would have rushed through it speaking at a gazillion miles per hour 🤫

Reactions: 3
I have been thinking for a few episodes now that Gemma sees herself as some kind of "mafia wife" or gangsters moll. Lounging around smugly with Lucas arm around her surveying her "domain", and every now and again offering her sage words of wisdom and experience to the other women, who she sees as beneath her in the pecking order. She sees herself as Alpha female, but unfortunately she has made the wrong decisions as to who the Alpha men are.
I suspect it is actually Antigone who is the real Alpha female in the villa. Not ES.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
charlie is actually quite disdainful with ekin su and overly sarcastic in most of their conversations so far. hopefully she realises that and doesn't actually like him and is just playing along until a new guy comes in.

i hope andrew decides to get a grip and move on from tasha.

Reactions: 17
I have been thinking for a few episodes now that Gemma sees herself as some kind of "mafia wife" or gangsters moll. Lounging around smugly with Lucas arm around her surveying her "domain", and every now and again offering her sage words of wisdom and experience to the other women, who she sees as beneath her in the pecking order. She sees herself as Alpha female, but unfortunately she has made the wrong decisions as to who the Alpha men are.
I suspect it is actually Antigone who is the real Alpha female in the villa. Not ES.
Mafia Wife😀 I see what you did there, no problem with a supply of horses to behead😉
Less facetiously, yes she does see herself as a person of authority, guess no one’s ever called her out. Nothing personal, she’s a lovely looking young girl, but we are not our hair and our teeth 🤔
Sadly and unless anything untoward happens I’d bet the ranch that she’ll win this with Luca. We don’t see much of her at the moment and the bits we do see are always positive. They are the runaway leaders in the polls I’ve seen for favourite couple, the people participating in the polls are teenagers, we are grown ups on here.
I would absolutely love to be wrong here 😀

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The story clearly hasn’t came from nothing so I will rephrase to I suspect it’s true. She only follows 300 people on Instagram one of them being him and his page is private so where would the media have got this information from.
Lots of them know each other or rumoured to. Like gemma and jacques. Even rumours jacques and luca know each other. I think it's someone generally trying cause tit as they no longer a considered contestant for casa amor. Will take it with pinch of salt 😂

If there was ever an irish love island i can gaurantee you most of them would know each other or at least have plenty of mutuals 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
To be fair I think it was always intended for the single islanders to stay. Dom only left in S3 because he had expressed that he was only interested in Jess who was at home.
Didn't she go off and shag Mike at the hotel when mug dom left for her then found out about them 😂

Reactions: 2
Didn't she go off and shag Mike at the hotel when mug dom left for her then found out about them 😂
Ohhh yeeeh I remember that being said can’t recall if it was ever confirmed as true though. I’m still surprised those 2 have stayed together for as long as they have.

I see this haha. Atm it feels like Luca and Jacques are seen as the alphas ( :sick: ) as they're the bullies leading the pack mentality and luca is currently favouring her so even if she's not crazy about him, she has the comfort of the couple and status of being with him.

Reactions: 4
Watching last night…Tasha really thinks she’s someone else? I’ve not seen an ounce of this sassy, loud, bad witch that she proclaims to be?!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
If there was ever an irish love island i can gaurantee you most of them would know each other or at least have plenty of mutuals 🤣🤣
This is why I never understand how people get surprised when it comes out that certain islanders already knew each other/worked together before the show. Like it’s really not that far fetched that two people in the same area have came into contact at least once 😭

Reactions: 6
Im confused why all the hate for Charlie? Like he hasnt done anything wrong?
He’s getting a lot of jokes about his looks and his tory/Chelsea-ness, which whilst isn’t nice in the #bekind era it’s what happens to all the girls that look too old/too plastic/too this/too that as well. So I guess no one is immune!
But other than that, I don’t like the way he talks to Ekin. The “anyone with a pulse” comment was a low blow and rude, not flirty or cheeky. I wish she would just say she’s playing along and be genuine rather than faking this interest in him. There is no way she could be attracted to that plain salted, ham no mustard, still water meal deal.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I can fully believe that Jacques was a twit to Remi because he’s a jumped up lil tit. Ol’ snarky lips.

Danica is great.

Charlie isn’t right for Ekin-su and she knows this but what can the woman do. Casa Amor will be her time.

Charlie should’ve had the bollocks to go for Tasha. Maybe the script didn’t call for it, though.

Davide was gutted about Ekin-su being chosen by Charlie, almost pained!

Just what exactly did Luca and Dami want from Andrew? For him to turn around and say ‘ok then I’ll stop trying to make it work with this girl I really like, guess I’ll just quit the show then’?!! They need to just wind their necks in.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ll be really annoyed if they win.

it’s clear what’s happening. Luca immediately clocked onto Gemma as being a good bet for co-winner because she has a famous dad (and let’s face it, he’s definitely aware. He wasn’t half as subtle as he thought he was being). She’s the only other islander he’s really made an effort with.

he’s so OTT in how much he likes Gemma, a girl he has known for 2 weeks. He was so full on within days of knowing her - that just isn’t real IMO. Especially when you look at them. Zero natural chemistry, their chats aren’t especially interesting. He’s constantly pawing her as she wriggles away.

the big flamboyant refusal to sleep in the same bed or get to know Danica, just spoke to me of someone desperate to reinforce the idea they are head over heels for the rather underwhelming Gemma, rather than someone genuinely being interested in her. He was rude to Danica not because she took him away from Gemma (because let’s face it, it wouldn’t make a huge difference if they weren’t a couple if they still liked each other). He was annoyed because she is jeopardising his attempt at winning.

he’s Jake 2.0 but worse, because he’s calculatedand cruel in a way I don’t remember Jake being.

why does Gemma put up with it? I don’t think she’s as concerned about winning, I just think she wants to stay in the villa for as long as possible and Luca will clearly facilitate that. I think she’s too naive or deluded to see his red flags for what they are, instead seeing them as indications he’s some sort of alpha male. Except he isn’t, he’s just manipulative and she hasn’t got the wisdom to recognise that. Clearly her judgement in men is skewed as demonstrated by Jacques being her ex.

they aren’t a likeable couple. If they are indeed popular (which I don’t think they are especially) its a sad reflection on how young people are conditioned to find toxic behaviours, romantic. It isn’t romantic that Luca was cold and rude to Danica, it’s unkind. It isn’t romantic that he’s so over the top and acting like he’s in love with Gemma after a few days - it’s love bombing.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Charlie choosing ES was odd at first. He doesn't like her and clearly has his sights set on Tasha.
But I think he is playing a long game, have a safe bet with ES (didn't want to break up a 'safe' couple at the recoupling and appear unpopular) but will graft with Tasha. Hoping she will pick him at the next recoupling making it her choice not his. Plus he messed with Tasha's head a bit to keep her keener.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ll be really annoyed if they win.

it’s clear what’s happening. Luca immediately clocked onto Gemma as being a good bet for co-winner because she has a famous dad (and let’s face it, he’s definitely aware. He wasn’t half as subtle as he thought he was being). She’s the only other islander he’s really made an effort with.

he’s so OTT in how much he likes Gemma, a girl he has known for 2 weeks. He was so full on within days of knowing her - that just isn’t real IMO. Especially when you look at them. Zero natural chemistry, their chats aren’t especially interesting. He’s constantly pawing her as she wriggles away.

the big flamboyant refusal to sleep in the same bed or get to know Danica, just spoke to me of someone desperate to reinforce the idea they are head over heels for the rather underwhelming Gemma, rather than someone genuinely being interested in her. He was rude to Danica not because she took him away from Gemma (because let’s face it, it wouldn’t make a huge difference if they weren’t a couple if they still liked each other). He was annoyed because she is jeopardising his attempt at winning.

he’s Jake 2.0 but worse, because he’s calculatedand cruel in a way I don’t remember Jake being.

why does Gemma put up with it? I don’t think she’s as concerned about winning, I just think she wants to stay in the villa for as long as possible and Luca will clearly facilitate that. I think she’s too naive or deluded to see his red flags for what they are, instead seeing them as indications he’s some sort of alpha male. Except he isn’t, he’s just manipulative and she hasn’t got the wisdom to recognise that. Clearly her judgement in men is skewed as demonstrated by Jacques being her ex.

they aren’t a likeable couple. If they are indeed popular (which I don’t think they are especially) its a sad reflection on how young people are conditioned to find toxic behaviours, romantic. It isn’t romantic that Luca was cold and rude to Danica, it’s unkind. It isn’t romantic that he’s so over the top and acting like he’s in love with Gemma after a few days - it’s love bombing.
Everything you said is what I have been thinking. It is pretty clear Luca knew who she was and he is calculated as we already know he shags his way round other influencers and has a sister who runs an influencer agency.

there is zero chemistry between them and he will put on a big performance at Casa Amor about coming back to Gemma and exaggerating the emotion.

Im genuinely confused why they are popular tho the other unbearable couples - Dani/Jack and Tommy/Molly at least had something about them as Dani seemed nice and Tommy was hot, I see no redeeming qualities with these two.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.