Love Island 2021 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, messed up the formatting of this and it ended up a mess haha. Hopefully I've fixed it now, so I'll address a few of the points you've made with my personal take on Jake.

He’s never strayed –
I think this is because he wants to win. He is playing a role that he thinks will make the public love him, pretending to be unsure about Lib at first but then realising she's the one. Their entire relationship comes across as insincere- they are role playing as next Tommy & Molly.

Also, he's only met about 10 women since he met Liberty. He's had very limited options to "stray". I know the other men may make it seem otherwise (ffs Liam 😭) but staying loyal in those circumstances is not actually an achievement.

His vibe in the Villa –
I think he's painfully aware that he's on camera and is playing a role. He attempts to force a hilarious bromance with every new male Islander and it never looks natural to me.

Making it official BEFORE Casa Amor – Again, he wants to win. He knows staying with Liberty is his best chance of getting to the final, and he knew that making it official would guarantee she'd wait for him to come back from CA. He couldn't risk her finding someone better while he was gone. That whole ceremony to ask her to be his girlfriend was so so contrived. It wasn't for her, it was a performance for us. If it was sincere then he wouldn't have responded to her declaration of love by immediately shouting it across to his mates.

I think Jake thinks he's worked out the formula for how to win Love Island and everything he does is a calculated part of his plan. I'm not a fan of Liberty's either, I think she's equally fake. He wants his share of the 50k and she wants to be half of the next big insta power couple. Every conversation between them comes across to me as a scene from a poorly developed romcom and I just don't believe any of it.

I swear I'm not always this cynical 😂
Yep and he made sure to involve every last one of the other islanders in the 'proposal' to lay on the pressure and keep Liberty from feeling like she was letting any of them down by getting with anyone else bar him. Proper conniving he is. Moments like that should be private (or as private as possible on a TV show😂), but he created a form of social expectation of her by making it as public as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
HOW can Faye resist Teddy when he cocks his head to one side like that?! The man is just a dream!!!
He is like a little puppy when he does that it is so adorable omg my poor bf sitting there beside me and me falling in love with Teddy 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yep and he made sure to involve every last one of the other islanders in the 'proposal' to lay on the pressure and keep Liberty from feeling like she was letting any of them down by getting with anyone else bar him. Proper conniving he is. Moments like that should be private (or as private as possible on a TV show😂), but he created a form of social expectation of her by making it as public as possible.
To be fair the boys do that every year nearly. I'm sure the producers make them so they can build a whole episode around it.

Reactions: 2
Teddy talking about Kaz being a problem to Tyler when he's with the moodiest girl in the villa. Make it make sense!

Reactions: 16
I do feel that Liam has realized too late that he’s completely messed up. He looked very pale and anxious at one point which made me think he could leave. Why he was taking advice from Jake and Toby I have no idea.

Lillie enjoyed her chat with Millie just a little too much. She’s fuming she didn’t get taken back to the villa and I think she’s very ambitious and pushy that we’ll hear a lot more from her on the outside. She’s not going quietly! I think that she’d have been a good person to have had as an original. She would have shaken this series from the beginning.

Kaz was completely OTT, especially when you see how Millie handled things. The way she was screeching at Tyler he must have breathed a sigh of relief tbh. Especially as she’s with Matthew. I know Tyler did her dirty but she’s with Matthew now.

Reactions: 21
Idk why everyones hating on kaz, she was pretty chill when toby told her about chloe. Its kinda happened to her twice now, she has a right to be angry and shes not as bad as faye. But do feel like all the girls are too ott this year.

Reactions: 19
I think Faye and Teddy are in with a shot at winning, and I’m worried that Millie will take Liam back, getting the narrative of “we’ve been through our issues but at the end of the day we’re stronger than that” and sail to the final. Blah. Or, Millie could do an Amber, get an average guy coming in who treats her nicely and win it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’d love to see Toby try it back on with Chloe and get pied though 😂
I think Chloe still fancies Toby, wouldn’t surprise me if they got back together

Reactions: 12
Seen nothing but love for Faye on social media today.

I have a love hate feeling about Faye. The feeling changes each time I view her 😂 Theres something about cool calm collected Teddy liking her that makes me think shes actually a really nice person 23hrs of the day and unfortunately we’re just shown the hot headed side that she’ll of been encouraged to do

Reactions: 16
I see all of the points about Faye being a horrendous person and I do get it, but tbh I’d rather watch someone with flaws than someone putting on an act pretending they’re perfect and never put a foot wrong. I’d never want to be friends with Faye and I’d find her hard work to even be around, but she is good tv and her story is interesting to watch from an objective standpoint. She is so damaged that she messed up a good thing because saving face was more important to her than being seen as vulnerable. I think she has learned a massive lesson about herself, she was annoyed with herself last night and I appreciate watching her learn and grow. I think Teddy is genuinely mesmerised by her and sorry but when they kissed it gave me feels. They have passion and yeah it might not work out but there is sparks between them but I’d rather watch their story than Lib and Jake or many of the other very boring and very one dimensional relationships. Life is complicated, relationships can be complicated and people are complicated. I’d rather see warts and all than something fake just to make it to the final

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Libby's eye is on the prize as well. Not one duck will be given by her if and when her Jakey's meddling gets exposed.
I think the twitter challenge has to reference Jake/Liberty's actually relationship, not Jake trying to get all the lads to hook up in casa amour. Liberty won't give a duck and will probably be happy about Jake eliminated their competition.
Even if the tweet does reference the relationship, it would have to be something huge. I honestly don't think the twitter challenge will affect liberty and Jake, I think she will ignore anything as long as it gets her into the final.
They should play 'guess which islander said what' and have quotes of Jake saying he doesn't want to rip Liberty's clothes off or something along those lines.

Reactions: 17
I think the twitter challenge has to reference Jake/Liberty's actually relationship, not Jake trying to get all the lads to hook up in casa amour. Liberty won't give a duck and will probably be happy about Jake eliminated their competition.
Even if the tweet does reference the relationship, it would have to be something huge. I honestly don't think the twitter challenge will affect liberty and Jake, I think she will ignore anything as long as it gets her into the final.
They should play 'guess which islander said what' and have quotes of Jake saying he doesn't want to rip Liberty's clothes off or something along those lines.
He said that on day 5 and we are currently into week 6, he will be able to talk himself out that. Plus he’s been all over her in bed, they’ve gone further than any of the other islanders going by the nvq thing so I don’t think that comment will bother her too much either.

I agree I don’t think the twitter challenge will affect Liberty/Jake or the rest of the islanders too much. This year they seem to resolve any time of conflict or upset quickly.

Reactions: 3
He said that on day 5 and we are currently into week 6, he will be able to talk himself out that. Plus he’s been all over her in bed, they’ve gone further than any of the other islanders going by the nvq thing so I don’t think that comment will bother her too much either.

I agree I don’t think the twitter challenge will affect Liberty/Jake or the rest of the islanders too much. This year they seem to resolve any time of conflict or upset quickly.
You're correct 😭 Jake will worm his way out of anything. I just really want them to be out 😂

I think Faye and Teddy are in with a shot at winning, and I’m worried that Millie will take Liam back, getting the narrative of “we’ve been through our issues but at the end of the day we’re stronger than that” and sail to the final. Blah. Or, Millie could do an Amber, get an average guy coming in who treats her nicely and win it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’d love to see Toby try it back on with Chloe and get pied though 😂
GREG WAS NOT AVERAGE 😭💔
Edit: I liked Greg for his personality, he was uncomfortable with the idea of laying it on thick with Amber because it wasn't him despite getting a lot of pressure from the other islanders. He was normal, I get looks wise he wasn't drop dead gorgeous but I do think Greg has sex appeal.
I just thought he was down to earth and that is so much better than some zyzz duck head who knows he is hot

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Some spoiler pics
12243556o.jpg

Faye friend zoning Sam

12243556x.jpg

Toby having a chat with Mary

12243556v.jpg

Toby having a chat with Abi

12243556n.jpg

Faye and Teddy kiss

12243556a.jpg

The CA boys living their best lives lol

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.