Love Island 2021 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That isn’t true, Lillie liked and wanted him initially. The problem was as soon as he got to Casa Amor he told them he had a girlfriend and took himself out of the running. No one is publicly going after a man with a girlfriend.

Yeah Jake did surprise me in CA but he has his eyes firmly on the prize and there is no way he was messing that up!! I did really like Liberty but she’s really getting on my tits now as well. Both of them know they’re the faves to win. Let’s vote them out 🤣

Reactions: 12
Making a case for Jake
Sorry, messed up the formatting of this and it ended up a mess haha. Hopefully I've fixed it now, so I'll address a few of the points you've made with my personal take on Jake.

He’s never strayed –
I think this is because he wants to win. He is playing a role that he thinks will make the public love him, pretending to be unsure about Lib at first but then realising she's the one. Their entire relationship comes across as insincere- they are role playing as next Tommy & Molly.

Also, he's only met about 10 women since he met Liberty. He's had very limited options to "stray". I know the other men may make it seem otherwise (ffs Liam 😭) but staying loyal in those circumstances is not actually an achievement.

His vibe in the Villa –
I think he's painfully aware that he's on camera and is playing a role. He attempts to force a hilarious bromance with every new male Islander and it never looks natural to me.

Making it official BEFORE Casa Amor – Again, he wants to win. He knows staying with Liberty is his best chance of getting to the final, and he knew that making it official would guarantee she'd wait for him to come back from CA. He couldn't risk her finding someone better while he was gone. That whole ceremony to ask her to be his girlfriend was so so contrived. It wasn't for her, it was a performance for us. If it was sincere then he wouldn't have responded to her declaration of love by immediately shouting it across to his mates.

I think Jake thinks he's worked out the formula for how to win Love Island and everything he does is a calculated part of his plan. I'm not a fan of Liberty's either, I think she's equally fake. He wants his share of the 50k and she wants to be half of the next big insta power couple. Every conversation between them comes across to me as a scene from a poorly developed romcom and I just don't believe any of it.

I swear I'm not always this cynical 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Libby's eye is on the prize as well. Not one duck will be given by her if and when her Jakey's meddling gets exposed.
100%. Straight in with the ‘he’s fucked it then’ when Millie came back last night, like her and Liam couldn’t possibly salvage their relationship.. You just know she wouldn’t have the same energy if it were her and Jake 🥱

Reactions: 10
Can someone explain the real meaning for moving mad? They are saying it wrong aren't they?
i'm clearly unhinged because... they weren't exclusive, he snogged someone else and realised he likes Millie. what is the problem?
It's because they talked about life outside the villa. They talked of travelling togther. It's childish to have to make a relationship official. He did really like her and he did disrespect her especially as Millie had slept on the day bed etc. One kiss i think she could forgive but its the fact there were cuddles and he said oh you're killing me... plus his reaction of smirking and not really grovelling at all

Reactions: 13
so what's everyone's predictions now?? everything's so unpredictable after last nights episode 🤣

Reactions: 3
so what's everyone's predictions now?? everything's so unpredictable after last nights episode 🤣
I think Faye and Teddy are in with a shot at winning, and I’m worried that Millie will take Liam back, getting the narrative of “we’ve been through our issues but at the end of the day we’re stronger than that” and sail to the final. Blah. Or, Millie could do an Amber, get an average guy coming in who treats her nicely and win it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’d love to see Toby try it back on with Chloe and get pied though 😂

Reactions: 12
Liam was like that (she's crying again) because he has no empathy. He thinks because HE'S decided he wants Millie the whole thing should be over. She should welcome him back and casa amore never spoken of again.

It's all about Liam & what he wants.
💯% agree! He even said that it would be hard to explain anything more than a kiss. This had nothing to do with him testing his relationship with Millie or finding a connection with Lillie. It was all about him! He wanted to play away so he did. Silly little boy, underestimated both of the girls!

Reactions: 7
Making a case for Jake

Loyal from day one, the island’s most down to earth inhabitant is being unfairly criticized all over social media and I’m not here for it.

He’s never strayed – Admittedly, he wasn’t head over heels in lust with Liberty from the start and their relationship took awhile to heat up. However once it became clear they were a great match, he handled the entrances of bombshells Millie, Lucinda, AJ, Abi and Georgia with class. In a polite way, he informed them of his and Liberty’s strong bond, and thoughtfully steered them in the direction of the more eligible, single lads.

Remember guys, Jake’s previous relationship lasted 7 years. We’re not talking about a serial dater here.

His vibe in the Villa – I challenge anyone to show me a more warm, approachable and welcoming islander. Bombshells Tyler, Danny and Liam were all met with a big smile and a hearty hug from salt of the earth Jake upon their entrance. He bonded with Brad, had “Big brother advice” for Liam, paved the way for Tyler and Kaz to blossom, joked around with Toby and comforted Teddy during their stint as coupled up Casa Amor residents.

A sunny demeanor and the ability to pick people up when they’re down are qualities which Jake possesses in abundance. A shoulder to cry on, or a guaranteed belly laugh, he’s got your back.

Making it official BEFORE Casa Amor – This action spoke loudly about his integrity and character. He could have explored his options, been tested and had his fun during the lads holiday. Instead, Jake chose to ask Liberty to be his girlfriend in a carefully planned, incredibly cute and heart-warming ceremony, sealing the deal with a thoughtful pair of magnetic bracelets, signifying the strength and pull of their mutual attraction.

Bottom line, he walked through the doors looking for love, found it early on and has given Liberty more than a girl could ever hope for.

#JusticeForJake
#Jiberty
#LoveIslandWinner2021
But he's gross though!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't think Jake is an awful person. Just insincere and playing a game. My memory is terrible but wasn't he sniffing around Lucinda and Millie when they came in? Making jokes about getting an erection if Millie was to touch his leg as she was so sexy? I think when it became clear there was zero interest from them he decided to cut his losses and concentrate on Liberty and make that his *thing*.
I agree with a comment above that he is uber conscious of being on camera - you can see him looking around for them. Plus the painful trying to be Chris and Kem with any other lad. It seems to be Toby now.

As for Toby. My OH (who pretends not to watch) said ages ago he liked him as he just seems such an innocent abroad. He doesn't seem to be capable of being sneaky. Last night when he said he liked Chloe you can only really laugh and say 'oh Toby' whilst shaking your head. I can sort of see why the women are all still fond of him as he doesn't seem malicious at all - just constantly confused 😂
Whoever here said he always looks like he is wrestling with long division in his head was spot on. Brilliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
so toby wanted kaz, then chloe, then abi, then mary, then abi again, then chloe again??? beyond baffed

Reactions: 5
Tbh I don't think Toby knows what he wants himself 😂

All these girls throwing themselves at him (no idea why) he's spoilt for choice

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.