Love Island 2020 Winter

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So had I. Sadly now this won’t be the case. Not sure they can link the show to her death, but it could be good cause to cease the show.
I think that would be a stretch if they did! She had a lot of troubles in her personal life which had nothing to do with the show. 😕

Reactions: 5
They've cancelled tonight's episode of Love Island. I wonder if they will axe it completly?

There's lots of people calling for the show to be axed because its lead to three deaths but what they need to focus on is the trolls and making them accountable for their actions.

Reactions: 3
They've cancelled tonight's episode of Love Island.
It wasn't really much of a gesture cancelling the "highlights" show that doesn't get great ratings. Tonight's is still scheduled to go ahead.

Itv are going to really struggle to cancel love island as it's one of their really big earners. Jeremy Kyle was on its last legs so a bit of a no brainer. I predict they're going to steam on with the show as "Caroline loved it and it's what she would have wanted". Not that I think the show should end or is in any way to blame.

Reactions: 9
It wasn't really much of a gesture cancelling the "highlights" show that doesn't get great ratings. Tonight's is still scheduled to go ahead.

Itv are going to really struggle to cancel love island as it's one of their really big earners. Jeremy Kyle was on its last legs so a bit of a no brainer. I predict they're going to steam on with the show as "Caroline loved it and it's what she would have wanted". Not that I think the show should end or is in any way to blame.
Agreed. Blaming the show for her death would be a bit much. There’s only one week left according to my sky planner anyway.

Reactions: 4
I think that would be a stretch if they did! She had a lot of troubles in her personal life which had nothing to do with the show. 😕
I don’t want to speak bad about what’s happened but this surely has nothing to do with the show

If you live in the public eye and have this type of behaviour and it’s resulted in a court case, surely you have to accept the consequences that come with it regardless if you’re joe bloggs or someone in the limelight . If you’re too scared what could come out in the trial , then don’t do it in the first place

Agreed. Blaming the show for her death would be a bit much. There’s only one week left according to my sky planner anyway.
It finishes up either next Sunday or the day after so there'd be no point in stopping the last week. As for the summer series, you'd like to think they'd be respectful enough to at least think about cancelling altogether but I doubt they will when it's such a big money earner for them.

Reactions: 1
I don’t want to speak bad about what’s happened but this surely has nothing to do with the show

If you live in the public eye and have this type of behaviour and it’s resulted in a court case, surely you have to accept the consequences that come with it regardless if you’re joe bloggs or someone in the limelight . If you’re too scared what could come out in the trial , then don’t do it in the first place
I don’t think we make assumptions about what may or may not have happened. They both denied the allegations. Plus the media often seem to name celebs in assault/rape cases and slate them when the facts have not yet been established... not just talking about CF here. Also look how the media treated Roxanne Pallett even after months of it all being said and done and after she apologised and the guy forgave her.

I don’t think we make assumptions about what may or may not have happened. They both denied the allegations. Plus the media often seem to name celebs in assault/rape cases and slate them when the facts have not yet been established... not just talking about CF here.
Fair enough , they may have both denied allegations but can’t argue with the fact that CPS must have a strong case to proceed without the support of the victim

Fair enough , they may have both denied allegations but can’t argue with the fact that CPS must have a strong case to proceed without the support of the victim
That may be true but the media should have left her alone until the trial at least. It’s more guilty until proven innocent these days.

It’s just not the same without Ian Stirling’s commentary is it?
No, you definitely notice it's missing. But then this series hasn't been the same without Caroline, even though she wasn't on it that often.

Thought it was a lovely message at the beginning though

Reactions: 5
No, you definitely notice it's missing. But then this series hasn't been the same without Caroline, even though she wasn't on it that often.

Thought it was a lovely message at the beginning though
Yeah was a lovely message.

ive quite liked Laura Whitmore presenting it to be fair but it’s definitely not quite the same without the Flack.

I honestly think this will be last ever series

Yeah was a lovely message.

ive quite liked Laura Whitmore presenting it to be fair but it’s definitely not quite the same without the Flack.

I honestly think this will be last ever series
I think so too.

3 deaths in short concession, I think it's hard for them to turn a blind eye.
Axing the show will cost them millions but I think even they would rather that than 'more blood on their hands' so to speak.

I just think if people want the show cancelled or itv are thinking of cancelling it, they’re going to want to think about other reality tv shows, take X factor for example, jesy nelson attempted suicide, housewives of cheshire, tanya went through depression (post natal yes, but I’m sure the trolls etc wouldnt have helped it all), the list is endless. Not just reality shows, any show, actors can get just as much trolling and media headlines as reality stars do. Does that mean say no to television???
People literally just need to be kinder to others. Simple as. It’s not hard to smile at someone, or give them a compliment.
Love island was Caroline’s baby, and she would probably hate to see it cancelled.

They're only going to cancel it if the public doesn't have the appetite for it.

tit sticks and bad headlines (no matter how illogical they are) can end a brand.

I only watched one season and was surprised how little she featured in it but her not presenting the winter one was another reason I couldn't be bothered to watch it. It's just not the same without her slow Mo struts and the woman on the half day telling her she's off at lunch.

Reactions: 2