Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that Louise is emotionally dependent on Darcy. It’s difficult because in some ways it’s normal to miss your child, but in other ways it’s a usual routine for them.
Maybe she finds Pearl a bit too extrovert even though that’s how all 4 year olds should be feel able to be! Maybe Louise is envious of Pearl’s childhood compared to hers. I have read mothers who have had severe childhood trauma and abuse feel envy and anger at their children getting what they didn’t have, even though they are giving it to them. It’s very complex.

Reactions: 17
I get the impression that Louise is in a “who loves/misses Darcy the most?” competition, except she’s the only one competing. It’s fine to miss your child, but I dread to think what kind of pressure it puts on Darcy to have a mum who comes off as borderline codependent and openly admits to vicariously living through you. Louise used to do the whole “it’s so hard being a single mum” shtick when she only had to look after Darcy half the time, yet now she’s completely changed her tune.
i think you're absolutely right. it's totally understandable that Louise misses Darcy, and that she doesn't want her to feel excluded in terms of the activities she could potentially do with Pearl while she's away, but Louise takes it way too far with the endless SM posts dedicated to how much she misses Darcy and their joyful reunions etc, along with the daily "I miss you Darcy" reminders in her stories. she has definitely got herself caught up in a competition with Matt and Devon, but it's a competition of which she is the sole competitor.

whether Darcy sees her stories when she's with Matt or not, Louise obviously thinks she does - because all the little reminders about how miserable and incomplete she feels without her eldest daughter are definitely aimed at Darcy. she doesn't seem to realise - or simply doesn't care - the impact that could have on Darcy, in terms of her feeling guilty for enjoying time with her dad while her mother sits miserably at home. it's not fair to put that kind of pressure on a child, as though she is responsible for Louise's emotions, and for making her happy.

and there has definitely been a dramatic increase - certainly in terms of the SM posts - about how much she misses Darcy when she's with Matt - she's had joint custody of Darcy for years, yet suddenly she seems to feel threatened - or Darcy has recently been allowed an IG account, and Louise is using it as a way to send her messages. regardless, i know Louise compares Darcy and Pearl constantly, and makes it clear she prefers Darcy's more placid, compliant and agreeable personality - i doubt she's even considered that Darcy is a people pleaser and so willing to sacrifice her own wants and needs to make Louise happy - such as posing for endless tutu photos etc - because she doesn't want to cause any confrontation and because she feels responsible for Louise's emotions, and fears upsetting her mum as she feels to blame if Louise is sad? sadly, she's setting Darcy up to be walked all over and taken advantage of because she's scared of upsetting people, and has been made to feel responsible for other people's emotions from such a young age. Pearl may naturally be more energetic, wild and carefree - but equally, Darcy's behaviour may well have been affected by the divorce of her parents and the way she's been placed in a situation where she's treated very differently in two different households, desperately wants to fit into both, and please both her parents without rocking the boat and potentially causing arguments or conflict between her parents. she must feel torn, and it won't be helping the situation that Louise perceives Matt and Devon as rivals with whom she needs to compete for Darcy's affection in her desperation to be crowned "favourite parent". that's a hell of a lot ot dump on an eleven year old child.

Reactions: 15
Louise constantly gushing over Darcy and being dismissive about Pearl is going to hurt both girls if she keeps it up. Obviously it’s hurtful towards Pearl, but it’s not going to do Darcy any favors either. The friends I had whose parents constantly talked them up over their siblings struggled with needing validation as they got older and always trying to please someone else, rather than doing what they actually want 🤷‍♀️

I do think Darcy has a private account, I remember it being posted here at some point during the dancer account days. Call me old fashioned, but I don’t think 11 year olds should be on social media (even private accounts).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
ffs, i wish Louise would learn the difference between a croissant and a pain au chocolat! i fully appreciate that this shouldn't irk me quite as much as it does, but it's incredibly annoying! they're a whole different shape, ffs! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I've had Louise crop up on my Tiktok fyp a couple of times now. She's clearly seen the reach it has and thinks she can capitalise off it to save her dying channel...

Reactions: 1
Shame Louise wasnt so excited to be on holiday with Pearl but is super excited to be a movie premiere with Darcy... although I think a Buzz Lightyear movie is probably better suited to Pearls age..

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Shame Louise wasnt so excited to be on holiday with Pearl but is super excited to be a movie premiere with Darcy... although I think a Buzz Lightyear movie is probably better suited to Pearls age..
Why not take both?? Pearl is big enough now to also enjoy this kind of premiers 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Why not take both?? Pearl is big enough now to also enjoy this kind of premiers 🤷🏽‍♀️
I assumed maybe she was just given a plus one but Ive seen other influencers take multiple kids so you're right, she could have probably taken both!

We all know she wants special Louise and Darcy time. She probably couldn't handle Pearl being excited

Reactions: 6
I know I'm really late but I just have to say it. I do love Louise, sorry I do. But tf has she done to her engagement ring. Like what the actual- It was gorgeous and so thought out, matched everything etc. She's made it enormous and tacky and all round ugly. Bet that stung Liam. It wasn't even a bad ring and so thoughtful. And she did that to it..
Bit dramatic but how could you do that to your partner.

Reactions: 10
i'm not one to stick up for the way Louise treats her daughters so differently, but in this case it may be that she maybe doesn't think the film is suitable for Pearl - it's PG rated and Pearl is only four? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 2
i'm not one to stick up for the way Louise treats her daughters so differently, but in this case it may be that she maybe doesn't think the film is suitable for Pearl - it's PG rated and Pearl is only four? 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's a Disney movie about Buzz Lightyear???? How is that not suitable for a 4 year old???

Reactions: 10
It's a Disney movie about Buzz Lightyear???? How is that not suitable for a 4 year old???
i didn't say it wasn't suitable. i haven't seen the movie so i have literally no idea whether it's suitable for a younger child. as i said, i was just speculating as to how Louise may justify taking only Darcy and not Pearl - because she obvs isn't going to admit that it's because Darcy is her favourite - and i can fully imagine her referencing the PG rating as an excuse. that, or she'll say that Pearl needed to be in bed because she'd be too tired staying up that late. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 1
I did wonder in a recent Instastory photo that Matt put up if Devon might be pregnant (I really don't like speculating about that but she did look noticeably 'different' and hasn't posted much on her own insta recently) which, if true, could be a reason for Louise's particularly OTT posts about missing D whilst she's with them recently. Complete guesswork of course, but maybe Louise would be worried about a new baby sibling making D prefer spending time with Matt and Devon.

Reactions: 4
I do think she seems to be doubling down on Darcy content after highlighting that comment. See, takes Darcy to the premiere - nothing about missing Pearl, no ‘P’ necklace or bag with her outfit, feeling guilty Pearl wasn’t there on their special trip, hoping to take Pearl in the future. Little things like that when, IMO, Pearl will start to notice and understand how Darcy was taken but she wasn’t, and perhaps something like ‘Mummy really missed you, look she wore your special necklace, and when you’re big enough I’ll take you too’. I mean, Pearl may not give two hoots but it’d still be of some comfort.

I get that Pearl might’ve been a bit young for a premiere but IMO it makes the favouritism stand out more.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Darcy really is a mini-me, all the poses and gestures. Louise is going to be so jealous when she gets to 14/15 and just wants to hang out with her friends and will eye-roll anything her mum says to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it’s a bit less light and fluffy as Disney films go, but I haven’t seen it!
Yeah I heard on the radio yesterday that it has been banned in the Middle East because it shows a same sex kiss. Not that it should stop young children watching it of course, but I think it is about Andy as an adult.
I thought Darcy had dance on Monday’s. 🤔

There's something really unsettling about Darcy at the premiere and I can't out my finger on it.

Maybe it's just the idea of an otherwise relatively unknown child being photographed by papz for a film event that just...I don't know if I can explain it. Like, is it potentially setting her up for disappointment if she grows up herself to have no following and live a normal life like the rest of us. Or is she destined to be an influencer. Who knows. It just makes me feel weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
There's something really unsettling about Darcy at the premiere and I can't out my finger on it.

Maybe it's just the idea of an otherwise relatively unknown child being photographed by papz for a film event that just...I don't know if I can explain it. Like, is it potentially setting her up for disappointment if she grows up herself to have no following and live a normal life like the rest of us. Or is she destined to be an influencer. Who knows. It just makes me feel weird.
Definitely makes me feel icky, having her paraded around a red carpet and posing for cameras straight from school 🤢 she's not a child actor or celebrity so it's very bizarre that she's being told to pose for strangers.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.