Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember those weird 'baby glitter' Q&As she used to do where she must have been made to sit for ages to get content while she was a toddler. At least Pearl's involvement in the vlogs is less staged or forced than Darcy's was. Pearl still does too much and the ads are disgusting but at least she isn't made to sit on a bed and pretend she's talking to friends via a camera 🤢
Forgot about those!! Are they still on her YouTube?

Those sunglasses for Pearl are tit 🤣

Reactions: 1
does anyone remember when Darcy was a toddler she gained a conscience for a brief period of time and stopped filming her? the Ad cheques must be massive for her to do a complete 180 and show basically nothing but her kids online

Reactions: 10
Interesting to see her answer to this question- “How do you manage the issue of sharing your kids online to such a large audience?”
She says she has very firm boundaries and “only” shares dance life, days out, holidays and happy moments”. ONLY?! Surely that’s over half of their time. What doesn’t she film then? School and bath time?
I wonder if she really truly believes she has firm boundaries. Having been in social media for so long, she certainly has a warped perception of what is normal in this area.
The very next question- “would you ever do more routine videos with Darcy and Pearl?” Answer “Yes, we’re going to film a mini routine for YouTube soon!” 🙄🙄🙄

Attachments

Interesting to see her answer to this question- “How do you manage the issue of sharing your kids online to such a large audience?”
She says she has very firm boundaries and “only” shares dance life, days out, holidays and happy moments”. ONLY?! Surely that’s over half of their time. What doesn’t she film then? School and bath time?
I wonder if she really truly believes she has firm boundaries. Having been in social media for so long, she certainly has a warped perception of what is normal in this area.
The very next question- “would you ever do more routine videos with Darcy and Pearl?” Answer “Yes, we’re going to film a mini routine for YouTube soon!” 🙄🙄🙄
Remember one vlog not long after she moved house where she was crying about how she wanted to protect Darcy from the public blah blah...fast forward two weeks later and the child was front and centre advertising Lord knows what! This mother has zero boundaries when money is on the table, no one is safe. She's featured her kids, father, step sister, late grandparents, ex husband, partner, so called friends - you name them and they are dragged on in the name of cash. She's even using her sidekick Carrie Hopeless Fletcher to see if she can open musical theatre doors for her daughter who has sung twice in public😂 swear she asked this question herself to start the conversation. It's worrying that she actually believes she's in the right on this one, but only time will tell. Darcy seems a mum pleaser, she'd be unaware that she had the right to privacy in her formative years, surprised her dad allows it tbh.

Reactions: 11
The question about feeling guilty for receiving PR gifts was side stepped too. She didn't say whether she does or doesn't, just that she only accepts gifts she wants from companies who reach out... which somehow seems more greedy? No PO Box but they send her offers and she filters through and only takes the best stuff. Gross.

Reactions: 13
The question about feeling guilty for receiving PR gifts was side stepped too. She didn't say whether she does or doesn't, just that she only accepts gifts she wants from companies who reach out... which somehow seems more greedy? No PO Box but they send her offers and she filters through and only takes the best stuff. Gross.
that's exactly how i interpreted her response too! so she's incredibly selective about the PR gifts she receives, in the sense that she only accepts gifts she seems "good enough", and purposefully keeps her PO Box private so that she doesn't get sent tat that she doesn't want to promote. even to the point that if she does somehow end up receiving a gifted item that she didn't officially accept, she won't mention it on SM and will give it to a friend or family member. and sure, donating the excessive amount of gifted products she recieves is nice in theory, but not when she's explained that she ensures she accepts the best stuff and keeps it for herself, whereas it's only unannounced tat that arrives unexpectedly and she didn't specifically approve that she will give away.

essentially, i interpreted her response as her indirectly saying that she refuses to recieve gifted items from small businesses etc who would really benefit from her using her platform to promote them - as they are the kind of gifts that would be sent to a PO Box, but she seemingly goes out of her way to avoid people sending her stuff unless it's a proper fancy PR gift which she deems worthy and of value, and then she will willingly accept - which translates as to her only ever working with/advertising bigger brands and popular products. it's a shame, because there are some genuinely lovely products created and sold by smaller, independent businesses that LP obvs looks down on thru an extreme superiority complex, and doesn't want to "litter" her page by associating with unknown/lesser known brands who aren't gifting her huge, expensive holidays or technology etc.

and sure, she certainly didn't explain it that way, but it was very easy to understand what she was alluding to, and it certainly highlighted how greedy, ungrateful and privileged she is, and how highly she thinks of herself to only deem certain gifts as worthy of her time and attention! just because she personally doesn't want an item she's offered, she could make the effort to mention whatever business was kind enough to send her a gifted product, and then donate it to someone who would actually value it, whether someone she knows or a charity etc - especially clothes or toys for children which she doesn't perwcieve as "good enough" for Darcy or Pearl, because there are countless kids out there who would be truly grateful. her attitude towards the whole situation was gross. 🤷🏻‍♂️

A lot of these influencers claim that they are selective about the brands that they work with. I’m never sure if I believe that and if it is true it shows how privileged they are.
It’s the same with PR. I’m fairly certain that they accept most PR packages. It’s disgusting to see them all given free cleaning products, for example, at a time like this when people are struggling to live. The more they are given, the more selfish and wealthy they become.

Reactions: 11
I don’t give a tit what Louise’s boundaries are when it comes to pimping out her children. Children aren’t property, and the only thing that matters is what their boundaries are - that’s how they’ll feel now, in five years time, and for the rest of their lives. Nobody knows how they’ll feel, so they should’ve be put out there until they at least have some idea of how it’ll affect their lives.

Reactions: 6
Ah yes, of course... firm boundaries in which we know the name and location of her daughter's dance school due to her tags. BS.

This was also a BS response.

A lot of brands will have her PO Box on their books at this stage, I imagine so just send stuff out.

Furthermore, a quick google search shows her PO Box is publicly available on her website, http://sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.com/p/want-more-glitter.html

So it was all BS.

Reactions: 6
I don’t give a tit what Louise’s boundaries are when it comes to pimping out her children. Children aren’t property, and the only thing that matters is what their boundaries are - that’s how they’ll feel now, in five years time, and for the rest of their lives. Nobody knows how they’ll feel, so they should’ve be put out there until they at least have some idea of how it’ll affect their lives.
Exactly this. Their image and social media presence is their own digital property. They should have the right to decide how they present themselves online when they’re at an age to manage it themselves. Children do not have the understanding to consent to this. How could they understand the concept that these images will be online forever and could impact them later in life?! It makes me so sad for those girls.

Reactions: 9
Taking pics of the girls 'for their socials'.... Just sounds so wrong. 🙄

• Angry
If Louise were so selective about accepting gifts from brands, she wouldn’t be drowning in crap every 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: 7
In her newest reel she's showing their dance school quite a bit, would be easy to find out which one it is. I feel like safety is a second thought as getting views and recognition (and money) is number one.

Also I am trying to think how I'd feel if my baby pictures and whole childhood memories were all over the internet for everyone to see. I am starting at a new job in July and stressing about it. If my new workmates would have had the chance to take a look at my childhood and family on the internet before even meeting them, I would feel so awkward when meeting them!

Reactions: 5
Also I am trying to think how I'd feel if my baby pictures and whole childhood memories were all over the internet for everyone to see. I am starting at a new job in July and stressing about it. If my new workmates would have had the chance to take a look at my childhood and family on the internet before even meeting them, I would feel so awkward when meeting them!
This is what I always think. I don't think I'd care about my parents sharing a photo of me now and then, but the near daily updates some parents (Louise included) give on their kids makes me feel uncomfortable for them when they get older. Sharing a cute photo of your kid on Christmas morning is one thing, posting about where they go to school or them in the bath or whatever else is just overstepping their privacy.

I don’t really post on here but dear god this woman. Those tacky glasses! Does she really have zero care about the environment? It makes me wild!
I was a big dance kid when I was little - and not to blow my own trumpet but I got offered a spot at a prestigious school in Australia (I’m in NZ) when I was 10. The dance life completely ruined who I was as a kid and my confidence, I’m still putting myself together! This was before social media existed so I can’t imagine the kind of pressure those girls might be under. She is just awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Still can't get over that engagement ring. It was absolutely gorgeous from the main stone to the shape and she made it look like it was a fiver from a market. Tacky as always Louise. Liam deserves better. My fella is a D too in ireland and it's such a tough job ! Dunno how he puts up with her.

Reactions: 18
Taking pics of the girls 'for their socials'.... Just sounds so wrong. 🙄
Couldn't agree more, what on earth is she talking about, how can 3 and 11 year olds have socials? Unless she has opened them in their names and is building an online presence which they will then take over at a certain age, surely not? No NSPCC Ambassador should be allowed to act like this, it is ludicrous😔 step away from the charities Louise and look after your daughters' privacy and stop lecturing others.

Couldn't agree more, what on earth is she talking about, how can 3 and 11 year olds have socials? Unless she has opened them in their names and is building an online presence which they will then take over at a certain age, surely not? No NSPCC Ambassador should be allowed to act like this, it is ludicrous😔 step away from the charities Louise and look after your daughters' privacy and stop lecturing others.
Louise did start an IG account that was dedicated to Darcy's dance, completely full of photos and reels focused on Darcy's dancing and posing in tutus etc. she deleted it after a while - or at least made it private - explaining that Darcy had told her that it felt like too much pressure - yet she continued to plaster the exact same dance content all over her own socials, keeping everyone updated on every aspect of Darcy's dancing, including details of competitions and exams, and sharing results, in addition to the endless photos and reels. she no longer has an account in Darcy's name, but obviously totally ignored the fact that her daughter told her it was all too overwhelming, or she would have had the respect to rein in the dance content she shares on her own account too - especially since her account has far more reach than the account she had set up specifically for Darcy. the fact she uses Darcy's hobby to create content for her #DanceMumMonday hashtag shows how happy sh eis to exploit her daughters for content and make their lives all about her, without any regard for the impact it has on them. 😔

Think she meant the dance schools socials not her daughters

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.