Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ECH

VIP Member
She's right you know. No one I know with half siblings has ever felt connected to them at all. No amount of shared experiences or living in the same house could ever make them feel like they were part of the same family. Clearly what they were missing was matching outfits.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
Louise would never let darcy wear this, especially the choker lol
it's such a contrast to the way Darcy dresses when she's with Louise! Louise dresses her as a little girl, all pastels and frills and ruffles and bows and patent shoes, and matching with her four year old sister, while with Matt she often wears a choker and her style has a more edgy, rock kinda vibe, with far more dark colours. the clothes she wears when she's with her dad certainly seem more appropriate for her age, but i do wonder whether the clothes she wears when with Matt are actually her own choice, and reflect the real Darcy, or whether it's simply another personality she adopts to please Matt and Devon. it wouldn't surprise me if she struggles with her own identity and knowing who she truly is and what she truly likes, as she's essentially living a double life. 🤷🏻‍♂️

having divorced parents and living between two houses with different rules etc is difficult enough, but Darcy seems to have it made even more difficult by having to adopt two entirely different roles depending on which house she's in. i really hope, for Darcy's sake, that they way she dresses while with Matt are clothes she has chosen which reflect who she is, and what colours and styles she likes, because then at least she is able to live half her life feeling like an actual person with her own individual personality, rather than being treated like a life-size doll for her mother to play dress up with.

Reactions: 31

judgeydrudgey

Chatty Member
I find most boyfriends/husbands of YouTubers to be so grating but Liam truly seems like a great guy. I’m glad he was able to go on the trip with them. The video of him doing the treasure hunt with Pearl was cute.

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
First of all - why is she differentiating that it’s ‘always women’ who message her about this? Like duh, your fan base are women? Who else would be messaging you about this other than … the people who consume your content?

Secondly, I am so flipping bored of her constantly bleating about “blended family concerns.” She’s acting like it’s the 1950s and it’s this mega shocking thing to have divorced parents (and everything else that comes with that). Get a grip, it’s such a normal run of the mill situation not something that needs constant mentioning.

squacksquack

Chatty Member
I dunno. My husband and my mum designed my ring together and, while it’s not what I would have chosen for myself, I get to look down at it and think of the love, thought and planning they put into it together which makes it more beautiful than any ring I could have made myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

ECH

VIP Member
So she admits that she treats one child totally different to the other? What a strange thing to admit to

• Wow
  • Heart

lotsalovejay

Frustrates me the poor attempt she made at hiding the persons username. She’s clearly done it so people can still read it.
Also she wasn’t meant to have Darcy this week anyway if she was holidaying with her dad so she should have been used to the fact she wasn’t able to spend time with her.
She’s only sharing this so she can get 1001 comments telling her what an amazing mum she is 🙄
It’s fine, this was actually me who commented it, aye I’ve had some of her minions message me lol

• Wow
  • Sad

fidgetjo

VIP Member
I’m confused why were critiquing her taking Pearl to Disney without Darcy. She’s literally taken Darcy to Disney without Pearl before and when she did that it wasn’t even when Pearl had something else happening. She just left Pearl at home. It’s about time that poor Pearl gets some of Louise’s attention!

• Heart

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Lol does Darcy love a "matchy matchy occasion" or does Louise love it and project her wants onto Darcy?
I feel so sorry for Darcy. This might be extremely OTT but I just finished reading Jennette McCurdy’s new memoir and I’ve noticed some creepy parallels with their mother/daughter relationship.

Forcing your child into internet exposure, all this dance mum stuff and pushing her into musical theatre. Louise really sees her daughter as an extension of herself and her wants and dreams rather than an autonomous being. And the dressing her up as a doll (in a lot of outfits that imo are creepily babyish for a girl heading to secondary school next month).

I feel like Darcy has been put in the role of having to manage her mothers emotions which is what made her a people pleaser. I’ve always hated Louise’s tendency to constantly grill Darcy when they’re out doing something like ‘aren’t you having soooo much fun, aren’t you having the bestttt time!’

It seems so exhausting. It’s so unhealthy and she’s potentially hindering her daughters ability to form a healthy sense of identity. And don’t get me started on the blatant ‘golden child, black sheep’ dynamic she has with Darcy vs Pearl. And just because Pearl is obviously secure enough to not toe the company line and kowtow to Louise’s vision of how she wants her to be. It’ll be fascinating to see them all in 5-7 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28

rainbowtapirs

Chatty Member
It must be a difficult balance to strike, but I hate it when influencers talk about something that’s exciting for them as if it’s equally exciting for us. The whole ‘I can’t tell you yet’ thing is irritating anyway, but it’s significantly worse when it ends in “I’m a rich person getting something for free in a cost of living crisis that you get the honour of watching me do on a screen.” The way she talked about normal, regular responsibilities she needed to rearrange for this as though she was the busiest person ever was hilarious.

• Heart

Mooncalf

VIP Member
Louise thinks she's calling out that comment to prove that she does love both of her children equally but all that's said to me is that she's actually admitted she does treat Darcy differently or show Darcy/her affection for Darcy differently online because she's 'more relaxed in her relationship with Pearl' whatever that means

• Heart

MsGilmore

VIP Member
I don't think its fair to say thst disney is a casual activity for Darcy. She went this year but prior to that hadn't been since pre pandemic? Darcy is only 11 so that's a long time to a kid of that age, it's hardly a trip to the soft play. Also she loves Disney, she watches Disney vlogs regularly and seems to be a huge fan, it's not like they've gone swimming without her.
It was a pandemic. We all made sacrifices. I’m really struggling to see why you’re behaving as if this is somehow traumatising for Darcy. She has been to Disney every year since she was a toddler. Life isn’t fair and there are lots of things I would like to have done, but never have! Some children have never been to Disney and never will be able to because of the money it costs.
It’s really not that deep and I assume that you are projecting your own stuff into this situation.

• Heart

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I can’t understand why her not taking Darcy is such a big deal, she didn’t pick the dates they went it was for work and it was set. Darcy was on a pre booked holiday with her dad and step mum, and she is old enough to understand that and I bet she had an absolute blast. She’s been to Disney alone with Louise and also plenty of times so maybe a different holiday was a nice change for her anyway 😂. I’m sure if she had no plans Matt would have said absolutely go to Disney but she was on a holiday!! Louise has many issues but this isn’t one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

rainbowtapirs

Chatty Member
"the cheapo heart bag" from ebay that "inspired" her range of expensive, heart-shaped handbags? doesn't really look like she was "inspired" so much as she blatantly stole the idea but made her collection of better quality, thus priced them far higher! there's a difference between inspiration and totally copying, fully using her wealth and privilege to her advantage to outprice heart-shaped bags that existed long before her range - and is weirdly proid to brag about the fact she totally ripped off a previous design! 👌🏻🤦🏻‍♀️

View attachment 1334090
A millionaire calling something ‘cheapo’ is pretty tasteless/borderline classist too, especially when her ones are visually almost identical to the ‘cheapo’ one, even if they use better quality materials.

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
I think it about time Louise did something with just Pearl, nothing against Darcy!
given that Darcy spends a fair amount of time wihh her dad, you'd think Louise would have all the opportunities in the world to dedicate some of her time to spend doing things, just her and Pearl - yet unless it's a gifted trip or an ad which requires a child of. Pearl's age to photograph or film, she seems to spend the majority of their time together saying that she's waiting for Darcy to be home before they do anything in terms of day trips and activities - to the point that she actually "delayed" Pearl's third birthday - ie she didn't tell Pearl it was her birthday, waited a week til Darcy was home from. her dad's, and then pretended Pearl turned three on a totally different day - because she didn't want Darcy to miss out! it's always all about Darcy. i get arranging Pearl's party at a time when Darcy can be present but to delay the poor girl's actual birthday?! to ignore celebrating the day her daughter was born because Darcy is such a priority?! there are absolutely loads of things that Louise could spend time doing with Pearl that Darcy wouldn't be interested in, due to the age difference - but she doesn't seem to bother. and on the few occasions she does because it's a gifted trip, she spends the entire time comparing Pearl to how Darcy was at age four, how different they are and how "wild" Pearl is. she struggles to spend time with Pearl because she doesn't have the energy, and Pearl doesn't comply with her every demand - so she seems to totally avoid spending time with her, unless Liam can go too. 😔

Teabee

There's something really unsettling about Darcy at the premiere and I can't out my finger on it.

Maybe it's just the idea of an otherwise relatively unknown child being photographed by papz for a film event that just...I don't know if I can explain it. Like, is it potentially setting her up for disappointment if she grows up herself to have no following and live a normal life like the rest of us. Or is she destined to be an influencer. Who knows. It just makes me feel weird.

• Heart

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I think a hell of a lot of louises’ parenting comes down to her childhood and her perceptions of what makes a childhood good. The posing, the matching outfits, the Disney trips. It’s not to please the girls but it’s to please ‘little louise’ who either missed out on that kind of stuff due to her mum’s death and her subsequent abuse, or had very little of it. Hence the control freak nature and how she seems unable to deal with any ounce of individuality in her daughters (firecracker, ‘hard to mother’ Pearl comes to mind, as does darcy not being allowed an emoji sequin top). And I think that’s why she hates parenting them cos it means she can’t pander to ’little louise’ or do what she wants.

Sorry, armchair internet psychology, I know, everybody loves it 🙄😂)

• Heart

kbjhguih

VIP Member
For some reason today she keeps coming up on tiktok. I had completely ignored her over covid because shes totally stuck up and i cant bare it. However... i feel as if shes even worse now!
Someone asked her why darcy wasnt at disney, fair enough shes away with her dad, and disney was a 'work thing' but i cannot imagine my mother going away without me to disney... 😯 regardless how mature she thinks darcy is, shes a little girl at a difficult age and it can be hard to understand complex adult situations like separated parents, dynamics with half siblings and their mother/father relationship.
The way she tried to excuse it just reminded me of how stuck up and holier than thou she is. Surely she has a SHRED of mum guilt!!
And now another tiktok about how the above TT has sooooo many views, apparently its all the old sprinkle of glitter lot... 🙄 give me strength
She was clearly feeling mum guilt — however, Darcy WAS on holiday already. Why shouldn’t they be able to take Pearl away too? Darcy has had Disney trips without Pearl. Also Darcy is still a child and can enjoy the holiday that she is on without considering the fact that she could have been in Disney. Pearl said herself that Darcy was on a beach holiday. And children value holidays fairly equally — especially when they have so many of them. She knows that she will go to Disney in the near future, and had already been this year as recently as February.

If this was any other family and one child had been chosen for an experience over another then yeah I get the drama and the comments about this, but this was a gifted trip on set dates?

Of all the things Louise has done I really don’t think this is inherently bad. Should she have turned down the trip? I think it’s nice for her to go away with Pearl and Liam for some Pearl time. 🥺

• Heart