Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As an adult, yep that sounds like a reasonable thing to do. Darcy isnt being left out to spite her. But as a young child I think it would be incredibly difficult to get your head around. Its a really complex situation to have multiple fathers in the picture and i think she navigates it terribly, probably due to her own experiences of her own trauma and terrible parenting.
Darcy is 11 though so I’m sure that she understands that she didn’t go because she wasn’t here! She is a bright girl and I would be surprised if she was as upset as other people are about it! I really don’t see why people are making such a big deal about it! She wasn’t ill or being punished, she was on holiday with her father. A holiday possibly delayed due to Covid.
I agree that a lot of is because of Louise’s past.

Reactions: 8
Sorry i seem to be on rave page. My mistake.
I never said pearl should miss out. But having all these split experiences with 2 children, and parenting them differently is a recipe for disaster. Ive seen the outcomes with my own eyes on 2 grown adults who endured this upbringing, neither of them function very well in society due to this, struggle with relationships and need to be number 1 in all scenarios, friendship groups, work etc
Maybe i just come from my own childhood trauma and wanting to do better and not repeat that for my kids, seeing the mistakes my parents made, and thought someone with a past like louises would do similar
no it’s not a rave thread I just have a different opinion 🙂, Louise deffo has issues when it comes to parenting but I don’t think taking Pearl to Disney when Darcy is on holiday with her dad is one of them in my opinion. Respect your opinion though!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m confused why were critiquing her taking Pearl to Disney without Darcy. She’s literally taken Darcy to Disney without Pearl before and when she did that it wasn’t even when Pearl had something else happening. She just left Pearl at home. It’s about time that poor Pearl gets some of Louise’s attention!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don’t think it was wrong of her to take Pearl to Disney alone either. Different if Darcy was the same age as Pearl, or if Darcy wasn’t on a trip with her dad. But she’s not, she’s old enough to understand, and she was already on a pre-booked trip. Plus, Darcy has had loads of solo Disney trips with Louise - Pearl has never had that. I get the whole split parenting thing, I get that it can be confusing for a child and yes imo I think Darcy would feel a little bit left out. But if Louise had left it, refused to take Pearl just because she couldn’t take Darcy it would have just told Pearl that Darcy was the favourite. And she already seemed to imply that while she was tromping about the parks talking about Darcy anyway 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry i seem to be on rave page. My mistake.
I never said pearl should miss out. But having all these split experiences with 2 children, and parenting them differently is a recipe for disaster. Ive seen the outcomes with my own eyes on 2 grown adults who endured this upbringing, neither of them function very well in society due to this, struggle with relationships and need to be number 1 in all scenarios, friendship groups, work etc
Maybe i just come from my own childhood trauma and wanting to do better and not repeat that for my kids, seeing the mistakes my parents made, and thought someone with a past like louises would do similar
hardly a rave page, simply having a different opinion. if i was a loyal Louise fan, i wouldn't be here. i respect that you have a different opinion - that's fine. but my opinion is that by Louise very much does parent Darcy and Pearl differently, in that Darcy is the priority and Louise has no issues with showing her obvious favouritism in that she treats the girls - the unfavourable comparisons she makes when talking about Pearl, the endless one-on-one time that she spends with Darcy while leaving Pearl at home etc - thus refusing a trip to Disney because Darcy was on holiday with her dad would only have emphasised how differently she treats the girls.

if Pearl had been unavailable for whatever reason, there is no way she would have considered cancelling the trip because she couldn't go without her - she would simply a he left Pearl at home with Liam, and taken Darcy to Disney with her - and there certainly wouldn't have been. any mentions in her stories about how much she was missing Pearl. she very much does treat them differently - hence why i am not here to rave about her parenting style and blatant favouritism - and i don't doubt it will cause problems in the future, especially in terms of causing resentment between the two sisters, and making Pearl feel that she was always second best.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
hardly a rave page, simply having a different opinion. if i was a loyal Louise fan, i wouldn't be here. i respect that you have a different opinion - that's fine. but my opinion is that by Louise very much does parent Darcy and Pearl differently, in that Darcy is the priority and Louise has no issues with showing her obvious favouritism in that she treats the girls - the unfavourable comparisons she makes when talking about Pearl, the endless one-on-one time that she spends with Darcy while leaving Pearl at home etc - thus refusing a trip to Disney because Darcy was on holiday with her dad would only have emphasised how differently she treats the girls.

if Pearl had been unavailable for whatever reason, there is no way she would have considered cancelling the trip because she couldn't go without her - she would simply a he left Pearl at home with Liam, and taken Darcy to Disney with her - and there certainly wouldn't have been. any mentions in her stories about how much she was missing Pearl. she very much does treat them differently - hence why i am not here to rave about her parenting style and blatant favouritism - and i don't doubt it will cause problems in the future, especially in terms of causing resentment between the two sisters, and making Pearl feel that she was always second best.
I dont watch her anymore so i have no idea how shes parenting pearl.
If shes prioritising and favouring darcy, that only stands to further my point that you cant treat them that differently.

As an adult, yep that sounds like a reasonable thing to do. Darcy isnt being left out to spite her. But as a young child I think it would be incredibly difficult to get your head around. Its a really complex situation to have multiple fathers in the picture and i think she navigates it terribly, probably due to her own experiences of her own trauma and terrible parenting.
I agree with you. It's lovely for Pearl to have uninterrupted time for her parents but I don't understand how, as a mother, she can take one child to Disney and not the other. I said the same when she took Darcy and not Pearl, its so bizarre. If I had her money and resources I would turn down the offer and take both children at a later date.
I don't believe that Darcy wouldn't care at all, same as I think Pearl will be upset when she's older at all the things she's missed out on, she's left out Pearl way more often but doesn't make it OK to leave Darcy this time.

Reactions: 2
I can’t understand why her not taking Darcy is such a big deal, she didn’t pick the dates they went it was for work and it was set. Darcy was on a pre booked holiday with her dad and step mum, and she is old enough to understand that and I bet she had an absolute blast. She’s been to Disney alone with Louise and also plenty of times so maybe a different holiday was a nice change for her anyway 😂. I’m sure if she had no plans Matt would have said absolutely go to Disney but she was on a holiday!! Louise has many issues but this isn’t one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Christ they were all at Disney 4 months ago anyway 😂it’s not like Darcys never been before and won’t ever go again. It would have been good for her to visit a different country with her dad than do the same holiday she’s already been on 10 times before.
The way people are reacting for a child who’s had twice as many holidays than most of us the past 2 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I just couldn't leave one kid behind and take the other to Disney, regardless of whether it's P or D, but Louise clearly can 🤷‍♀️ Also this was never about giving Pearl an opportunity to go somewhere or have a unique experience, it's a job. She took this because they paid her, I wouldn't risk upsetting one child for a job if I was already a millionaire.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think the reason I think it’s a bit sad she just took Pearl (and I’m probably projecting here) is because Darcy may struggle with feeling at home and belonging due to having two household. The fact that one entire household has gone on a holiday that she loves without her only further pushes her out. In my opinion. I think blended families are so tricky to navigate and I personally would do everything to make the family as much of a together unit as possible.

I know they can’t just sit around not doing anything whilst Darcy is with her Dad. But she’s the ultimate Disney kid and it just doesn’t sit right with me. Agree with a previous poster that it’s not that Louise wanted to take Pearl on her own, but that it was an opportunity for work.

Reactions: 3
Will a new kitchen actually make Louise cook something other than Philadelphia pasta 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think the reason I think it’s a bit sad she just took Pearl (and I’m probably projecting here) is because Darcy may struggle with feeling at home and belonging due to having two household. The fact that one entire household has gone on a holiday that she loves without her only further pushes her out. In my opinion. I think blended families are so tricky to navigate and I personally would do everything to make the family as much of a together unit as possible.

I know they can’t just sit around not doing anything whilst Darcy is with her Dad. But she’s the ultimate Disney kid and it just doesn’t sit right with me. Agree with a previous poster that it’s not that Louise wanted to take Pearl on her own, but that it was an opportunity for work.
I think we have to remember Darcy goes to Disney like it’s a casual activity. It’s not the same once in a lifetime vacation that other kids may consider it to be. Also, she doesn’t know any different — having two families doesn’t always mean resentment, she has a great relationship with both and is treated to a lot of things — including trips away with just her and Louise. No Pearl.

Reactions: 20
I think we have to remember Darcy goes to Disney like it’s a casual activity. It’s not the same once in a lifetime vacation that other kids may consider it to be. Also, she doesn’t know any different — having two families doesn’t always mean resentment, she has a great relationship with both and is treated to a lot of things — including trips away with just her and Louise. No Pearl.
I don't think its fair to say thst disney is a casual activity for Darcy. She went this year but prior to that hadn't been since pre pandemic? Darcy is only 11 so that's a long time to a kid of that age, it's hardly a trip to the soft play. Also she loves Disney, she watches Disney vlogs regularly and seems to be a huge fan, it's not like they've gone swimming without her.
We went on holiday to the same place once or twice a year when I was younger and I always really looked forward to it, I'd have been gutted if I couldn't go with my family for some reason and it was just a normal pool and beach holiday, not WDW!
I think what I dislike most about the situation is that she did it for money. It wasn't that Darcy was doing something fun with her dad so she decided to plan something for Pearl to enjoy which she absolutely should - she went to Darcy's favourite place without her because she was paid for it, she never would have done that unless there was a few quid involved.

No, the lazy slob will only "cook" pre-made food or she'll get Esther to cook for her like she did before for an ad :cautious:
Can't wait to see her heat up £30 lasagne ready meals in her new kitchen 😖

Reactions: 4
So she just admitted on stories that she got inspiration (stole) the idea for her handbags from a random, cheap bag on ebay and set the price tag at £70 :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 12
i think the upsetting part of the situation is that Louise will happily book holidays to Disney for just her and Darcy and leave Pearl at home without a second thought, yet the sole reason she took Pearl this time was because it was paid for and Darcy was unavailable - and by making it so very clear how much she missed Darcy, it was incredibly obvious which child she would have taken with her, if she'd had the choice. i'm not saying that Louise should purposefully book holidays to Disney when Darcy is with Matt and purposefully exclude her from family holidays, because that would be hurtful - but what's sad is that, unless she's gifted a trip or activity and therefore paid to spend time with Pearl, she doesn't bother to organise day trips and fun activities to do just her and Pearl when Darcy is spending time with her dad - they basically just sit around waiting for Darcy to return, so that Louise can spend time with her favourite daughter. and - taking the Disney holiday out of the equation - that's what is so heartbreaking.

Darcy spends individual time with both her mum and her dad, enjoying one-to-one time with both parents, whether on holiday and day trips etc, yet Pearl is either alone with Liam, while Louise takes Darcy away, or waiting around at home for Darcy to get back so that she will be taken out on day trips, because Louise won't book anything without Darcy - even stuff that Pearl would enjoy and Darcy wouldn't, or that wouldn't be age appropriate for Darcy etc. there are countless things that Pearl and Louise could do together which Darcy wouldn't feel left out of, but they don't seem to do anything much one-on-one unless it's gifted, and that's what is sad - because the time Darcy spends with Matt is the perfect time for Louise to engage with her youngest daughter and pay attention to her interests and the activities she enjoys - but instead, she spends her down counting down the days til Darcy returns - even to the point where she postponed Pearl's actual birthday for a week so that Darcy would be with them - not her birthday party, her actual birthday - and Louise just spent the day as usual, pretending it hadn't been three years since her daughter was born. 🤷🏻‍♂️

i'm not suggesting that Louise should regularly be taking Pearl on holidays that would purposely exclude Darcy and make her feel left out, but by prioritising Darcy, she seems to overlook that fact that the way she treats them so differently means Pearl is likely going to end up feeling all the emotions of hurt and exclusion that Louise is so desperate to protect Darcy from. i don't doubt that blended families are hard to navigate from a parental perspective, but Louise definitely needs to reassess the balance in the way she treats the girls and her obvious favouritism. 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I don't think its fair to say thst disney is a casual activity for Darcy. She went this year but prior to that hadn't been since pre pandemic? Darcy is only 11 so that's a long time to a kid of that age, it's hardly a trip to the soft play. Also she loves Disney, she watches Disney vlogs regularly and seems to be a huge fan, it's not like they've gone swimming without her.
It was a pandemic. We all made sacrifices. I’m really struggling to see why you’re behaving as if this is somehow traumatising for Darcy. She has been to Disney every year since she was a toddler. Life isn’t fair and there are lots of things I would like to have done, but never have! Some children have never been to Disney and never will be able to because of the money it costs.
It’s really not that deep and I assume that you are projecting your own stuff into this situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Darcy and Pearl are living the holiday life 😂 I can’t even afford one holiday so I think they are okay in that department lol

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.