Louise Pentland #13 Soft office slob, cake in her gob, we MUST respect her job

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all, long time lurker on this thread and GG back in the day. Just had to give my two cents on Darcy’s Instagram. If Darcy enjoys dancing then great, and that’s the main thing, but Louise obviously has no clue about dance standards to be promoting Darcy as some sort of dance prodigy. All the crap about showcasing Darcy on her own Insta because she enjoys it is bullshit and harmful. It should be a private account if anything. It’s shameless, greedy and totally self serving. What if Darcy doesn’t do well in an exam or wants to quit? At her age I would have thought she’d be doing her grade 2 or 3. This was the standard at my dance school and one of the girls had even left to go to the royal ballet school when she was Darcy’s age. Obviously there are late bloomers, and perhaps Darcy is gifted, but this pressure Louise is putting on Darcy when she’s only at grade 1 is horrendous. Dance teachers and other mums say things like ‘your daughter has something you can’t teach’ etc to a lot of parents, it’s just something people say! Louise should know to take it as a compliment but to remain level headed. Anyone who’s danced will recognise the pushy parents (you can spot them a mile off!) and maybe because Louise didn’t grow up doing dance she doesn’t know how that world works. Shes coming across as a massive twit and I bet the other mums at Darcy’s dance school are steering well clear!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Besides the point most people charging parents money will say the kid has something you can’t teach, in terms of ballet she may just have meant that darcy was passionate! You can’t teach someone to enjoy it! Doesn’t make her a super talent tho :/

as a young kid I did piano lessons for a long time and was pretty average, I think I got to grade 4 practical and one above for theory? hindered by the fact I have very short and stumpy fingers, which my teacher once described as perfect for piano to my mum! I could hardly span an octave! 🤣Louise needs a reality check 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Interesting that other people think Louise seems to be living through her kids.
Someone from here? Also I love the heart at the end to make it sound it's sent by a fan while the message is actually quite blunt and criticises her choices.

Reactions: 8
If you’re going to attempt to quote me at least do it correctly. I said “She’s so overweight and repulses me” I did not say her weight repulses me, I am overweight too, I was stating facts that she is overweight. Her personality repulses me. Check your facts before you quote people and don’t twist words.
Tbf "she's so overweight and repulses me" definitely comes across as though it's her weight that repulses you and not her personality, I don't think jeeperspeepers was twisting words or trying to have a go

Reactions: 35
Tbf "she's so overweight and repulses me" definitely comes across as though it's her weight that repulses you and not her personality, I don't think jeeperspeepers was twisting words or trying to have a go
I didn’t realise other people spoke for me. Thanks for clearing that up. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If you’re going to attempt to quote me at least do it correctly. I said “She’s so overweight and repulses me” I did not say her weight repulses me, I am overweight too, I was stating facts that she is overweight. Her personality repulses me. Check your facts before you quote people and don’t twist words.
You literally just repeated what she said with an extra 'so' :LOL:. You were not misquoted and what you said could easily have been, and obviously was, misinterpreted. There's no need to be so touchy-this isn't Newsnight.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Interesting that other people think Louise seems to be living through her kids.
She has at one point said that she lives vicariously through Darcy in a Disney vlog, I'll see if I can find the exact moment later. Anyway, she doesn't need to say it because it's patently obvious through her behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Besides the point most people charging parents money will say the kid has something you can’t teach, in terms of ballet she may just have meant that darcy was passionate! You can’t teach someone to enjoy it! Doesn’t make her a super talent tho :/

as a young kid I did piano lessons for a long time and was pretty average, I think I got to grade 4 practical and one above for theory? hindered by the fact I have very short and stumpy fingers, which my teacher once described as perfect for piano to my mum! I could hardly span an octave! 🤣Louise needs a reality check 🤣
Yeah it’s crazy how people think it’s easy for their kids to get into these places. (Like 50 got in a year of 4000 applications) Also they do not understand the pressure put on kids.
I went to music school 11-18 and the amount of mental Heath issues it caused in many of us is astounding. There were good parts too but it stops being a hobby and becomes ‘everything’ and I think it’s even harder with dance where your body (height, weight, looks) is far more ‘involved’.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don't mean to sound nasty but Darcy's dance teacher saying she has something that can't be taught could just be a marketing technique to keep Louise paying for her classes. It reminds me of when I was in high school, we all had to take music until year 9, where we could either drop it or take it as a GCSE. My music teacher told everybody on parents evening that they had some sort of musical talent (we all compared notes the next day, got told practically the same thing 😂 ). However it wasn't because we were talented (trust me- I was tit yet got told I was some sort of prodigy),it was because the course was undersubscribed and he had to keep the numbers up or he'd loose funding. Louise also seems like the type of parent to latch onto that comment (as she has), so would easily fall for it!

Reactions: 13
Slightly off topic and I don't know if it's been spoken about before, but when I first started to read her blog (2010ish??) I remember her making a post asking how to become a successful blogger because she wanted to be invited to events and be sent freebies. She's since deleted it as I've been trying to find it all day, but you can see she's always been all about the freebies, her old posts have a lot of talk of being skint and not able to afford the products she wants.

I don't mean to sound nasty but Darcy's dance teacher saying she has something that can't be taught could just be a marketing technique to keep Louise paying for her classes. It reminds me of when I was in high school, we all had to take music until year 9, where we could either drop it or take it as a GCSE. My music teacher told everybody on parents evening that they had some sort of musical talent (we all compared notes the next day, got told practically the same thing 😂 ). However it wasn't because we were talented (trust me- I was tit yet got told I was some sort of prodigy),it was because the course was undersubscribed and he had to keep the numbers up or he'd loose funding. Louise also seems like the type of parent to latch onto that comment (as she has), so would easily fall for it!
Exactly. I read the blog post she wrote before they got Darcy’s exam results and she says Darcy’s been ‘accepted’ to some summer school - of course she has because Louise is paying for it! I can’t imagine they’ll be turning anyone away... it’s not something to boast about.

Reactions: 13
Haha! That happened to me too with Drama class in secondary school, once it got to the end of year 9 and we all had to pick which subjects to take for GCSE (drama was an optional subject) and the drama teacher wrote in EVERYONE'S end of year report "you have such a talent for acting, I sincerely hope you'll be taking drama for GCSE!". Needless to say only a dozen or so kids chose it for GCSE, and it was clear the drama teacher was attempting to get a few more students in the class as she knew it wasn't a popular choice of subject.

• Haha
For those that don’t follow her this is from an insta story where she feels sweaty and says sarcastically “I really hope my ex bfs are watching this”.

Is she actually kidding? Pretty sure none of your exes give a tit Louise. 🤣

She wasn’t with any of the lads post-Matt for more than a month or two and I don’t think married-off Matt is remotely interested either! so why is she still thinking about them let alone referencing them aloud on Instagram 🙈
This picture makes her look like one of the rough af try hard mums at the school gates

• Haha
You know what really bothers me. Referring to herself as ‘mummy’ when addressing her audience.

in this post it should be ‘sunglasses to hide MY eye bags’ since it’s coming from Louise herself to her audience.

You’d only say it the way she has when speaking to your own kids who you’d want to call you mummy.
7412B6DA-20D4-4311-BE4A-68DC75956F72.png

You know what really bothers me. Referring to herself as ‘mummy’ when addressing her audience.

in this post it should be ‘sunglasses to hide MY eye bags’ since it’s coming from Louise herself to her audience.

You’d only say it the way she has when speaking to your own kids who you’d want to call you mummy.
View attachment 680027
You just know that Darcys going to have a rebel goth kid phase at some point and it will be SO FUNNY

• Haha
Reactions: 38
You just know that Darcys going to have a rebel goth kid phase at some point and it will be SO FUNNY
I really really hope so! I want her to ask to paint her glittery bedroom black and tell Louise she no longer loves pink just to see louises reaction.

Reactions: 9
She might even have a revival of Devon’s ‘punk’ era - burgundy box dye and a Green Day t-shirt 🤟

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.