Louise Pentland #12 Forced engagement in every sense, can one really be that dense?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is with her and posting so many cringeworthy reels? Is she trying to go viral or something? 😬 😬 😬
maybe she uses them for creative writing practice, I dunno but I also gave myself a strain reading that reaching vitamin post. It's insane to think these are the pitches brands sign off on.

Reactions: 4
She’s eating a full size chocolate cake from her weekly shop, in the car without plate/cutlery etc- just by biting straight into it 😳
9B8C7357-D7DB-43C2-AEAD-EA2A6376680D.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I wonder if she has PMS? This is the kinda thing I would feel like doing on that kinda day but don’t think I would actually do it!

Reactions: 5
I wonder if she has PMS? This is the kinda thing I would feel like doing on that kinda day but don’t think I would actually do it!
Wait, other people feel like doing that!? 😶 I have an eating disorder, so I have no clue what a normal attitude toward food is but I don’t think its biting a whole cake...

Reactions: 11
Wait, other people feel like doing that!? 😶 I have an eating disorder, so I have no clue what a normal attitude toward food is but I don’t think its biting a whole cake...

Yeah I came to defend her for this and then remembered I have an eating disorder so probably not the best defence. 🤣 I’ve done similar before, and it’s definitely an ED habit.

Reactions: 10
Are people saying this is a symptom of binging or the like, then? I struggle with food so the thought of eating a whole cake makes me want to cry (jealous of those who just go for it. Tbh I'm not even having a go at her for it it just blows my mind that she *could* do it!)

I just, oof. I think it's the icing that gets me, though, rather than the actual calories etc - and the crumbs - omg what a mess. And also the fact that she decided to eat the cake alone in the car? I mean, I couldn't really tell you of a time where we've seen her have a cheeky snack in the car, neither her alone nor her with the kids.

Also I thought she was getting back into a fitness regime what with the constant references to the fittybitty.

Reactions: 2
Are people saying this is a symptom of binging or the like, then? I struggle with food so the thought of eating a whole cake makes me want to cry (jealous of those who just go for it. Tbh I'm not even having a go at her for it it just blows my mind that she *could* do it!)

I just, oof. I think it's the icing that gets me, though, rather than the actual calories etc - and the crumbs - omg what a mess. And also the fact that she decided to eat the cake alone in the car? I mean, I couldn't really tell you of a time where we've seen her have a cheeky snack in the car, neither her alone nor her with the kids.

Also I thought she was getting back into a fitness regime what with the constant references to the fittybitty.
She used to have a midday mcdonalds because she didn't let Darcy have McD's... so I dunno. When I have PMS I always indulge a little more than I should, seems like minstrel gate again that not having to share food thing she has.

Reactions: 3

I was surprised how clean her face was after eating the cake like a sandwich!

Well bearing in mind most disordered eating is hidden away really (ie sufferers don’t exactly want to shout it from the rooftops), this is perplexing behaviour. Either either doing it for attention (likely), she thinks it’s a funny joke (insensitive and likely), and/or she actually has much more serious disordered eating which she doesn’t show (actually also possible when you take her weight into consideration plus past incidents such as Liam’s minstrel/malteaster eating and her midday McDonald’s).

Reactions: 4
She used to have a midday mcdonalds because she didn't let Darcy have McD's... so I dunno. When I have PMS I always indulge a little more than I should, seems like minstrel gate again that not having to share food thing she has.
i also remember her saying (before pearl and liam were around) that she would take food like chocolate into her wardrobe room so darcy didn't see her eating unhealthily :confused:

Reactions: 8
Deffo an Ed. I’m a similar size to her and I have secretly ate a lot on private without anyone knowing. I wouldn’t put it online lol.
I binge a lot, it’s one of my downfalls which I really struggle with to be able to lose weight.

Reactions: 6
To offer a different side I can quite easily eat a small cake all at once especially if pms and not think anything about it. Its not something I would do everyday and I don't have an eating disorder, I just like cake. I would wait until I got home though.

Reactions: 9
To offer a different side I can quite easily eat a small cake all at once especially if pms and not think anything about it. Its not something I would do everyday and I don't have an eating disorder, I just like cake. I would wait until I got home though.
This! I’m sure lots of people would eat ALL the cake its the whole biting it in the car thing that makes it jarring

Reactions: 11
Yesterday louise asked on Facebook whether buying stuff from charity shops to re sell (on Depop etc) was ‘okay’. Today, big long post in response to the comments. Specifically the bit in bold:

DRAMA ALERT (read all the way down). Oh my gawd over FOUR HUNDRED comments on yesterday's 'is reselling from charity shops ok?' post! I have some thoughts I wanted to share!
1. Thanks for being such good eggs. I thought your comments were well thought out, chunky and even though some of you had opposing opinions, for the most part it was all respectfully said - that's rare on the interwebs so go us for being decent humans yanno!
2. It was really interesting to hear from people who actually work in or manage charity shops! The vast majority said they actually welcomed resellers because they spend so much in store, providing valuable cash for the charity. They also said that as long as they are paying the asked for price, they have no issue. If people haggle down the price in store, that is a no-no for them. I think that's fair!
3. Many of you pointed out how much work it actually is to be a reseller. Getting out, finding valuable things, cleaning/restoring, posing them for photos, editing, listing, packaging, posting etc. That's a lot! I can easily see that taking up full time job hours. I'm obsessed with the youtube channel, The Recycled Life, and they showcase all of this so well, definitely worth checking out, looks SO FUN! (I've talked about them so many times now they'll think I'm a cringe megafan lol).
4. A *lot* of you felt that once you have bought something from a charity shop, it's yours to do whatever you want with and had no issue with someone selling it. Sort of a 'you do you' attitude. I'm onboard with that.
5. A few people felt that if you make a profit, you are cheating the charity shop. This was countered with people saying that it is up the to charity shop to set it's prices and if they want to set them higher or sell online themselves, they can. Both good points right?
6. One woman got in a bit of an insta tizzy and said 'shame on you Louise Pentland' in her stories and felt I was attacking her and her community for making a living reselling because I'd shared and article that is against it. I have also shared youtube channels who promote and celebrate reselling but maybe she didn't see that. Let me be clear - I think it's important and interesting to have open discussions, it's ok to talk about both sides of a coin. Her followers have described me as an 'hole' and suggested I should support self employed people more.
I'm fine with reselling. I'm so fine with it I actually have a spot in a vintage shop to sell beautiful little things myself! (Fun fact for you there- more on this in future content when we can actually go into shops etc!) If you are a reseller, go you and your resourcefulness. If you want to have a pop at me online and call me an a-hole, well, I'm sorry for you I guess. Not really sure how to help there haha!

I'm never the gal who's going to attack a community or start an online drama. I will stand up for myself though if I feel someone is misinformed or rude.
Who knew out of all the things we've talked about over the years, this would be such a topic! Love it! I'll leave a link to the YT channel that if you like thrifting, you will LUURRVVEE!
What do you think of all this? DARE I EVEN BLEDDY ASK???
(Apologies for any typos, am typing in a hurry!) xxx

I don’t get it. Her bringing attention to the mean comments, I mean. Like, she said ‘I think it’s important to have open discussions’. So surely part of that comes with letting go of the bad stuff on her side, too?
Maybe for that woman to call her an hole is a bit OTT, but, negative comments come with the territory, as a creator she should know that by now - so why bother bringing it up? I don’t know, maybe I’m not articulating my point very well - but considering she had so many positive comments she seemed to dedicate a fair amount of time dwelling on that bad comment?

I wonder if she asked the woman to skype her so they could have a chat about it 🥴

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.