Louise McSharry Moaning Michael her brows are a fright, views so left, she's always right

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Louise just loves to have something to moan about. If it’s not her weight it’s something else

Reactions: 5
Louise just loves to have something to moan about. If it’s not her weight it’s something else
Exactly, I still wouldn't be giving any praise to her on what shes talking about. Its all just a continuous moan and now your not allowed to moan about your own body in case you upset her - is that what she's actually on about!?!

Shes hard work... she would drain you.... never stops moaning
Hard work doesn't even begin to describe this one. 🙄

Reactions: 6
To be totally honest I have a bit of work to do on my own bias re fat/weight and following Louise has helped me consider different perspectives but sometimes I just can't get on board with her. Sometimes it sounds like she's projecting her insecurities and blaming other people rather than dealing with her own feelings. Does that make sense?

Also, maybe I'm a huge witch and never realised, but would it really be that bad to say you don't like the colour yellow if someone's wearing yellow?! If it were me, I could not care less because what does Mary not liking yellow have to do with me liking it? Louise makes out like it would be "unkind" but really I just think she's very sensitive. And it's absolutely fine to be sensitive, but you can't expect everyone (especially random social media profiles that don't know who's watching) to go around with kids gloves on, you know? It's also cultural, some cultures can be very opinionated, direct, blunt, it doesn't mean they're not kind people it's just a different style.

I don't know... I just think a healthier point of view would be finding the balance between asking people to be considerate (totally fair) but also being accountable for our reactions and emotions because ultimately our feelings aren't anyone's responsibility but our own.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I wonder are her friends always cautious on what they say?
I see one of her friends has apologised (second time actually she did it before a while back) for not thinking they way Louise wanted her too on this subject.

Reactions: 7
I see one of her friends has apologised (second time actually she did it before a while back) for not thinking they way Louise wanted her too on this subject.
Jesus, does she want friends or loyal subjects... 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Just this
Exactly! I was talking to a friend about how I unfollowed someone because I was feeling triggered towards certain ED patterns. She bit the head off me and started defending the person I was talking about. And I calmly responded it was MY trigger, and I took action to stop that trigger by unfollowing but I wasn’t blaming the person. But sheesh she was mad at me!

Reactions: 10
That's so toxic that her friend felt she had to do that. I just think Louise is a really toxic person tbh

To be totally honest I have a bit of work to do on my own bias re fat/weight and following Louise has helped me consider different perspectives but sometimes I just can't get on board with her. Sometimes it sounds like she's projecting her insecurities and blaming other people rather than dealing with her own feelings. Does that make sense?

Also, maybe I'm a huge witch and never realised, but would it really be that bad to say you don't like the colour yellow if someone's wearing yellow?! If it were me, I could not care less because what does Mary not liking yellow have to do with me liking it? Louise makes out like it would be "unkind" but really I just think she's very sensitive. And it's absolutely fine to be sensitive, but you can't expect everyone (especially random social media profiles that don't know who's watching) to go around with kids gloves on, you know? It's also cultural, some cultures can be very opinionated, direct, blunt, it doesn't mean they're not kind people it's just a different style.

I don't know... I just think a healthier point of view would be finding the balance between asking people to be considerate (totally fair) but also being accountable for our reactions and emotions because ultimately our feelings aren't anyone's responsibility but our own.
Make sense 100%, I am so with you on it. There is a thing called victim mentality and I do think Louise suffers from it.

I never really gave this whole issue much thought until I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.
I was a size 10 when I got pregnant but because I was over 40, I was booked in for a glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks based on my age alone.
Went in that morning and did the test and got a call from a midwife that evening to say I had gestational diabetes and booked me in to see a dietitian the following week.
She was SO snotty with me on the phone, eg I asked ok well what do I need to do between now and the dietitian appointment and she actually said "well lay off the Mars bars now".
As it happened, I had a routine midwife visit the following day, and as it happened it was the same midwife who had called me the evening before. She calls me in and was like a different person, nice as pie and says oh god love you, you're having an awful time of it with the diabetes, "and you're not big at all".
I'm assuming the implication there was that if I was overweight it would have been my own fault.
I'm often sorry I didn't speak up at the time and pull her up on it.

They were nearly surprised and disappointed that I didn't have GD, being big and growing big babies

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I use to work with someone like that it’s exhausting.
I currently work with someone like this, so negative all the bloody time. I’ve had to distance myself from her for my own well-being, we’ve all been having a tough time in work lately (essential retail, lockdown, great craic) but she just takes the biscuit. It’s so mentally draining having to constantly reassure someone when you’re not in the best place yourself and can’t offload on them in return because they turn it around on themselves

• Heart

I totally get you. Being quite an overweight person, I have a good bit of work to do on my own body which I will do in my own time. But I had to unfollow her because she was draining the life force from me with her own insecurities. And while I agreed with her on some aspects of being a bigger person, the majority of it I did not. In a way, she made me feel bad for wanting to lose weight.

• Heart
She’s absolutely that one friend who tries to sabotage your weight loss efforts so you can stay fat together. Remember her melt down over Adele losing weight? She’s far from happy in her own skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Interesting to read that she’s still as sour as ever. I unfollowed a while ago when I realised she was such a mood drain. Always looking for a problem for every solution.

Unfollowed her along time ago, such negativity, someone else shared her fat rant & I just don't agree. I've weight to lose that's my business, if someone wants to comment on their own body sure let them off.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.