Louise Cooney #8 Makes expensive clothes look cheap, in exotic locations sends us to sleep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% agree. She’s moved really fast with your man Mark though. Haven’t they only been together not even 2 years and they’ve moved in together the lot. She wants the ring. I can imagine her too, everytime that they go away she away running to get the nails done
I don't find their timeline all that unusual as I've known couples who have dated for a year and moved in together and are doing fine. What I find a bit sad/cringeworthy is that part of her probably wants to be engaged so she can make new content 😅 I mean isn't that how it goes with all the huns? The soft launch, then the hard launch of the bf, trips, dinners bday shoutouts etc, finally the engagement, then stretch it out to a year's worth of content wedding planning.

Reactions: 12
I don't find their timeline all that unusual as I've known couples who have dated for a year and moved in together and are doing fine. What I find a bit sad/cringeworthy is that part of her probably wants to be engaged so she can make new content 😅 I mean isn't that how it goes with all the huns? The soft launch, then the hard launch of the bf, trips, dinners bday shoutouts etc, finally the engagement, then stretch it out to a year's worth of content wedding planning.
Nail on head. Like a lot of people more concerned about the wedding than being married.

Reactions: 9
I think she started seeing Mark summer 2020. Some people were already speculating about him then. The timeline we see on her social media and the actual timeline of when the relationship started are obviously different.

When you reach a certain age, two years into a relationship is an appropriate time frame to get engaged. It's different in your early twenties I suppose, but she's almost 30. I honestly don't see anything wrong with their pace.

Reactions: 5
I think she started seeing Mark summer 2020. Some people were already speculating about him then. The timeline we see on her social media and the actual timeline of when the relationship started are obviously different.

When you reach a certain age, two years into a relationship is an appropriate time frame to get engaged. It's different in your early twenties I suppose, but she's almost 30. I honestly don't see anything wrong with their pace.
Think she started seeing him in November 2020 as thought she had a pic up in the apt saying it started with a swipe and it was dated November 2020. Also I agree it is a normal timeline to be thinking engagement

Reactions: 1
Ah I think 2 years together is a bit short to be getting engaged but I suppose everyone to themselves

Reactions: 10
Also I agree it is a normal timeline to be thinking engagement
I absolutely hate this kind of thinking. Pure Irish.
You never know what goes on in peoples relationships that 2 people might not be on track to progress things as is seen as "normal". 2 years is nothing at their age!!

Reactions: 9
I absolutely hate this kind of thinking. Pure Irish.
You never know what goes on in peoples relationships that 2 people might not be on track to progress things as is seen as "normal". 2 years is nothing at their age!!
This thinking is not "pure Irish". I know plenty of people (non-Irish) who got engaged after two years or even less than that and who are still together. Two years is appropriate and I'm not even Irish myself (though I moved over here in my teens and I'm in my early 30s now).

Reactions: 1
This thinking is not "pure Irish". I know plenty of people (non-Irish) who got engaged after two years or even less than that and who are still together. Two years is appropriate and I'm not even Irish myself (though I moved over here in my teens and I'm in my early 30s now).
Well fair play to them but personally I feel 2 years I wouldn’t even fully know the person😂 I think it’s quite a short time, but whatever tickles your fancy I guess 🤷‍♀️😂

Reactions: 7
Well fair play to them but personally I feel 2 years I wouldn’t even fully know the person😂 I think it’s quite a short time, but whatever tickles your fancy I guess 🤷‍♀️😂
I hear you. I suppose it depends on your personality and overall relationship with the person.

Lou and her boyfriend live together, so when you live with someone, you get to know them a lot faster.

Reactions: 3
Well Lou and her boyfriend live together, so when you live with someone, you get to know them a lot faster.
Ah yeah maybe, but they’ve only lived together for nearly a year. I wouldn’t be rushing into something just because I think I need to have it done before I’m 30 and a lot of the influencers have that mindset because they want to keep up with the “trend” of all their other influencer friends because that’s possibly what they’re doing. A lot of Lou’s friends seem to be engaged/babies/married and maybe a lot of her followers doing the same so she wants to seem “relateable”. But unfortunately I would have to agree with another poster who mentioned earlier that it does a lot of the time seem to be about content which is shocking

I'm confused, is she accompanying her friend on her honeymoon to Marbella?

It's odd for two people to get married and they head off on holidays with another couple right after the wedding. They didn't even get the time to properly be together and enjoy being husband and wife in their own cocoon after the wedding. I wouldn't do that personally.

Reactions: 2
Got engaged after 6 weeks, which I know is total exception to the rules ! But happily married 20 yrs later!

I'm confused, is she accompanying her friend on her honeymoon to Marbella?

It's odd for two people to get married and they head off on holidays with another couple right after the wedding. They didn't even get the time to properly be together and enjoy being husband and wife in their own cocoon after the wedding. I wouldn't do that personally.
They are all in Marbella though so just hanging out with them I presume 🤷‍♀️
if you invite guests for a wedding abroad I’d say you have to spend a few days with them

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wasn't suggesting that getting engaged after 6 months or two years was pure Irish.

More the *attitude* that XYZ should happen after X years.

Got engaged after 6 weeks, which I know is total exception to the rules ! But happily married 20 yrs later!

They are all in Marbella though so just hanging out with them I presume 🤷‍♀️
if you invite guests for a wedding abroad I’d say you have to spend a few days with them
I didn't realize the wedding was in Spain - I thought it was in Ireland and they all decided to fly together to Spain lol. Makes sense now.

I wasn't suggesting that getting engaged after 6 months or two years was pure Irish.

More the *attitude* that XYZ should happen after X years.
I was talking about the attitude too. Your post suggested that thinking it is "normal" to get engaged after two years is "pure Irish" thinking. It's not.

In any case, to each their own. Some people get engaged after 5 years and wind up getting divorced shortly after while those who got engaged after less than a year after still together. Timing is not a definite factor to be honest.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.