Lorna Luxe #13 Wherever I blag my flat, that’s my home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread titles.
Ok I’m rubbish with these and the thread moves so quickly ..
Rod and Emu or fiddly Diddly do Paris on a shoestring due to lowest ever Lornaluxe ITS sales .
Please no more fiddly diddly

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The whole thing is a joke. She should have stayed at home to do this collection, for one it’s utter rubbish and not worthy of shot on the streets of Paris, but also staying at home it’s relatable for 99% of people right now. It’s not as if she’s in Paris and we are seeing the city through her or anything to do with PFW or anything at all worth while. It’s just her tippy toe’in around in polyester and drinking Rosé at the obvious places. Same thing she did in London, Amalfi and Venice 🥱😴
Don’t forget Santorini. !!

Reactions: 1
I'm no good with Thread Titles, we seem to have covered so much ground.
Only thing I can come up with is...
La Lush does the Plastic Fantastic in Paris

Please note: @Its_Me I've not mentioned either a Fiddly or a Diddly. Sorry, I just can't help myself - I blame that Daily Mail reader. 🤪 🤪

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I'm no good with Thread Titles, we seem to have covered so much ground.
Only thing I can come up with is...
La Lush does the Plastic Fantastic in Paris

Please note: @Its_Me I've not mentioned either a Fiddly or a Diddly. Sorry, I just can't help myself - I blame that Daily Mail reader. 🤪 🤪
Ha ! Me too.. La skank laughing all the way to la Banque!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The whole thing is a joke. She should have stayed at home to do this collection, for one it’s utter rubbish and not worthy of shot on the streets of Paris, but also staying at home it’s relatable for 99% of people right now. It’s not as if she’s in Paris and we are seeing the city through her or anything to do with PFW or anything at all worth while. It’s just her tippy toe’in around in polyester and drinking Rosé at the obvious places. Same thing she did in London, Amalfi and Venice 🥱😴
In All seriousness .. I agree with you .. I actually think they’ve made themselves look ridiculous with all this travelling and they must be bored shitless.. half empty restaurants no ambiance anywhere .. .. no people watching .. why didn’t they take this opportunity to show off Sussex .. especially as it’s A/W collection and the autumn colours in the trees are starting ...Autumn 🍂 colours are beautiful .. walk in the woods your big boots on scarf round your neck Boo ( your dog Lorna) on a lead Not everyone gets to see this .. but fukk me we’ve seen their Paris spots numerous times !! “ HIYAAAAAA I’m Boring Repetitive from Horsham “. is prob a good new thread title

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm not one for commenting on someones weight and shape but she’s a broad lass in real life.
And @Its_Me I’m a closet Kardashian fan, they fascinate me🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I would have asked @LadyLockdown cos she speaks French but she might have to sit on the ‘norty step’ again for harassment and we really don’t want that 😂.
To be honest my French isn’t that great either but then I’m not travelling unnecessarily and parading around the city, flouting mask laws etc so wouldn’t need to explain myself which was my point if she were stopped by the gendarmerie.
Funny you should mention about my ban though as I was thinking yesterday that it was actually a bit ridiculous considering I only asked where her dog was... I’d hardly call that trolling especially after seeing some of the venom people openly state / screen shot stuff they’ve posted on other insta accounts and which seems to go unchallenged on some of these threads but there you go.

ETA: I’m not talking about the LL threads re comments on insta but some of the stuff I’ve seen on other threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Having read Sali’s article featuring the “troll” who came forward to admit that the trolling was merely personal deflection-I’m compelled to write.

I don’t follow Sali, have no idea about her and the claims or posts anyone has made, but I do believe that Sali came to Instagram having already had a career in beauty, and Instagram was merely an extension of that.

However there are influencers who are playing victim and refusing to take responsibility for the roles and image that THEY have manufactured , and it’s getting tedious.

Many of them didn’t start out like Sali, they started at a point where THEY decided that their opinion, look, style , image, wealth or whatever, was worthy of an audience. They CHOSE “influencing“ as a “career” ( or some might say “instead of a career!) and pushed their own importance on anyone who would listen. Very few promote ethics, education, values, they simply promote greed, “stuff”, materialism, “unboxing” , privilege, “freebies” #gifted.

“ Look what I have! You too can have this (but I’ll take a cut ...#affiliatelink )”

They created an image of either a lifestyle or image that is designed to invoke a response. Jealousy? Possibly. But more importantly to validate their own being.

They take pictures of THEMSELVES day after day after day, selling their (alleged) perfect life styles, homes, belongings, and their personalities to thousands and millions of faceless followers. They glamorise mental health issues and use them to garner attention, yet ironically, further perpetuating their own issues. They become experts in whatever gains them the most attention, & piggy back on whatever news is trending.
They photograph themselves getting dressed, in the bath, in hospital, giving birth, eating food, on planes, opening gifts. Why???

They have cultivated ( and in some cases bought which makes no sense at all..) these huge audiences and they HAVE to be aware of the diverse range of followers they have. They also have to be mindful of the impact their views and vapid lifestyles have upon impressionable girls & women and conversely, on intelligent, successful women who are able to see “influencing” for what it is. A glorified sales rep. The 2020 version of the promo-girls of the 90’s.

Mental health is a hugely important subject.
So then, it is up to them to be transparent, to be accountable. To do things right. And to accept that they’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. Having a difference of opinion is NOT bullying. It’s exactly that, a difference of opinion. Disagreeing is NOT bullying. Calling someone out on inconsistency, for lying or deceiving people is not bullying! Particularly if that person has positioned themselves in a role that has an element of social responsibility. ( Obviously this is no way the same as any type of physical /death threat/ stalking/abuse)

If influencers want these greedy gluttonous lives and believe that they do not have to respond or be accountable for their behaviours then they are simply wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Having read Sali’s article featuring the “troll” who came forward to admit that the trolling was merely personal deflection-I’m compelled to write.

I don’t follow Sali, have no idea about her and the claims or posts anyone has made, but I do believe that Sali came to Instagram having already had a career in beauty, and Instagram was merely an extension of that.

However there are influencers who are playing victim and refusing to take responsibility for the roles and image that THEY have manufactured , and it’s getting tedious.

Many of them didn’t start out like Sali, they started at a point where THEY decided that their opinion, look, style , image, wealth or whatever, was worthy of an audience. They CHOSE “influencing“ as a “career” ( or some might say “instead of a career!) and pushed their own importance on anyone who would listen. Very few promote ethics, education, values, they simply promote greed, “stuff”, materialism, “unboxing” , privilege, “freebies” #gifted.

“ Look what I have! You too can have this (but I’ll take a cut ...#affiliatelink )”

They created an image of either a lifestyle or image that is designed to invoke a response. Jealousy? Possibly. But more importantly to validate their own being.

They take pictures of THEMSELVES day after day after day, selling their (alleged) perfect life styles, homes, belongings, and their personalities to thousands and millions of faceless followers. They glamorise mental health issues and use them to garner attention, yet ironically, further perpetuating their own issues. They become experts in whatever gains them the most attention, & piggy back on whatever news is trending.
They photograph themselves getting dressed, in the bath, in hospital, giving birth, eating food, on planes, opening gifts. Why???

They have cultivated ( and in some cases bought which makes no sense at all..) these huge audiences and they HAVE to be aware of the diverse range of followers they have. They also have to be mindful of the impact their views and vapid lifestyles have upon impressionable girls & women and conversely, on intelligent, successful women who are able to see “influencing” for what it is. A glorified sales rep. The 2020 version of the promo-girls of the 90’s.

So then, it is up to them to be transparent, to be accountable. To do things right. And to accept that they’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. Having a difference of opinion is NOT bullying. It’s exactly that, a difference of opinion. Disagreeing is NOT bullying. Calling someone out on inconsistency, for lying or deceiving people is not bullying! Particularly if that person has positioned themselves in a role that has an element of social responsibility. ( Obviously this is no way the same as any type of physical /death threat/ stalking/abuse)

If influencers want these greedy gluttonous lives and believe that they do not have to respond or be accountable for their behaviours then they are simply wrong.
Well said that girl and oh so true 👏 This is why we like @AllAboutTheMayhem. Her words make perfect sense. And there’s no way that me and my Eliza Doolittle words are gonna compete so I’m off to bed ...

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I just read it what a whinge bag 🙄 It’s funny how some people don’t have threads here or have threads started that don’t go anywhere and then there’s others who have multiple ongoing threads-Sali being one of them with 21 threads. You’re obviously doing something to piss people off hun. I don’t condone bullying but no one forced you to read here. Why come here and read it and not see that maybe you’re the person who needs to change instead of just jumping on the BeKind band wagon and blaming everyone else.

Reactions: 12
@Hamilton1970 that’s a good one .
Good one!! That made me laugh so hard!😂😂 😂 I can’t get over her new wig hair, it looks so fugly and weird. I also just now realized that what we call “bang” in US is “fringe” in UK. I had no idea!!

La skank with the new weird bang in Paris.

Very well said. I don’t even know who Sali is, but this is the reality of influencers unfortunately. I’ve read an article a while back that said something quite similar to what you said here, that more often than not those influencers who promote that they are real, transparent, etc are actually the opposite. It is so sad. It’s like they do it to earn more followers / $/ attention, etc.
I was following this nyc influencer emilygellis for a bit. But all the sudden she now post things to expose other influencers and claims that she stands for the victims and plays the victim card almost everyday. Within a week I noticed her account boosted from 167k to over 200k followers and growing. Whoever submits a comment or DM to her that is opposite with her thinking or disagreeing with her is classified as “bully”. Needless to say she was sued or something by one of those people that she tried to expose. She got a Go Fund Me account and got $20k donated for her attorney cost. Just wild!!!!! I’m not saying the people she tried to expose were innocent ( I actually don’t know any of them ). But I’m just sharing as she is the prime example of the so called “ transparent victim type influencers” . Anyway I clicked the unfollow button when she posted that her fav influencer is lorna luxe. 😂😂😂😂 enough said!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

This. Amazing.
You have explained this strange movement perfectly and exposed the underside. Love to see you publish this (edited, of course) on IG to bring attention to this sad rabbit hole we’ve all been down at some point. What is the contribution of these people? How are they changing to world for the better?
Thank you for the illuminating words.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.