Loftnq - jesrosevinyl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only way you can see images here in Tattle is if you are a member.

Soo... Which one of the Toole sisters is a member in order to see all the terrible things being posted and the images being shared? Jes(s) says that she never looks on here and Amy has been wittering on that even being a member of such a terrible site is abhorrent. Who is lying?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had absolutely no idea the phrase I used in my previous post (call a spade a spade for others who might not have known) had racist origins. I'm sorry I used it and I never will again.

Pretty sure that, by contrast, Jes was well aware that "scruffy Asian duck" and "Chinese witch" were racist. Yes, even though they were written 8 years ago!

Reactions: 11
I had absolutely no idea the phrase I used in my previous post (call a spade a spade for others who might not have known) had racist origins. I'm sorry I used it and I never will again.

Pretty sure that, by contrast, Jes was well aware that "scruffy Asian duck" and "Chinese witch" were racist. Yes, even though they were written 8 years ago!
That saying has been used for many many years and I've used it myself on occasions but I never knew it had racist origins . I'm 70 and still learning !

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That saying has been used for many many years and I've used it myself on occasions but I never knew it had racist origins . I'm 70 and still learning !
Learning is FINE. We are all learning all the time. I would not be criticising Jes had she simply used a term she didn't realise at the time was racist and then admitted she hadn't realised and wouldn't use it again. Totally fine. That's why I didn't mention her use of the word "gay", because we are about the same age and I know when I was at school that was commonly used colloquially & I very much doubt she meant it maliciously.

You really can't say the same about the other things she wrote because they were obviously racist then and still are now.

Reactions: 6

It doesn't have racist origins, it was used for a long time then some people in the 1920s appropriated it during tensions to be racist.

It's a mixed bag:

Most sayings have at one point been used to be highly offensive.

It's also absolutely 👏 not 👏 the 👏 same. What this is, is a vitriolic attempt to justify the argument.

Reactions: 5
Learning is FINE. We are all learning all the time. I would not be criticising Jes had she simply used a term she didn't realise at the time was racist and then admitted she hadn't realised and wouldn't use it again. Totally fine. That's why I didn't mention her use of the word "gay", because we are about the same age and I know when I was at school that was commonly used colloquially & I very much doubt she meant it maliciously.

You really can't say the same about the other things she wrote because they were obviously racist then and still are now.
Thank you for that . Now that I'm aware I won't use it again . It's like a lot of sayings and terminology that were used and accepted when I was young are no longer so which I get but I really didn't know about this .

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's also absolutely 👏 not 👏 the 👏 same. What this is, is a vitriolic attempt to justify the argument.
It's called clutching at straws.

You'll note I have said more than once on this thread that I don't like cancel culture. I don't believe people should be "cancelled". I do believe people should apologise in a way that makes it clear what they are apologising for. Saying "I'm not proud of distasteful things I said when I was young" is not even on the same level as "I was racist. The things I said were racist and I'm deeply sorry. I have done XYZ things to educate myself since that point". The first glosses everything over. The second doesn't.

Thank you for that . Now that I'm aware I won't use it again . It's like a lot of sayings and terminology that were used and accepted when I was young are no longer so which I get but I really didn't know about this .
That's exactly it! My grandparents used to say all kinds of things which make me CRINGE (especially considering my own mixed heritage) but they would never have used someone's ethnicity as a slur against them. My grandmother was genuinely horrified when I pointed out some years ago that "c*l**red" was incredibly offensive. I never heard her say it again.

On the other hand, we had relatives who referred to my siblings and I as "coffee coloured", and they refuse to see anything wrong with that and as a result we don't speak.

Reactions: 3

I'm Black and I never knew either LOL. I used to say it all the time.

She left out that the other 35 pages also talk about Jes breaking covid rules again and again, Jes being cruel to her boyfriend, Jes being rude and awful about the fellow small business owner who by some miracle turned her pile of fabric scraps back into a teddy bear...
I'm sure there is more justified criticisms too
Yea. The teddy situation was vile. She probably ruined their business!

They are clutching straws with this! Haha how would that be comparable. Also she started talking about other forums because she clearly ve run out of content from this one

Tbh I think they are enjoying getting content from here and possibly enjoying the attention from the whole thing. It was never sent to them, they sought it out and posted it on their accounts. It’s another form of validation from them “look people are paying attention to me.”

Also sorry lol had no idea either about the expression “calling a spade a spade” that’s used in my corporate workplace all the time!! Can’t wait to let everyone know on Monday haha. Look at us all learning from this thread, feel free to take some tips Tooles 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So the sister is saying people on tattle were calling Jes homophobic purely because she said "it's gay how much I love my friends"

What about the tweets where she was like "ew no I don't look like that lez" and tweets where she was saying how grossed out she was by women's short hair because it looked like lesbian hair?

There was more too but I can't remember them exactly because there was so many awful tweets!

Reactions: 4
Anyone heard from the PI yet?
Well, a man in a deerstalker hat and trench coat wearing sunglasses has been camped outside my house for the last three days with a camera, but he's probably just resting.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
ironic that the thread amy is sending everyone to is now more popular than jess' actual business...

1633113672039.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Selling clothes for hundreds of pounds ( I assume she must have bought them for even more) and talking about ptsd in the same stories.....🙄

I’m sorry, is she seriously trying to sell dog chewed trainers for £45?
She has no shame tbh. On the beg as usual (even created a seperate email for companies to contact her), selling her overpriced tit where she could give it to charity and having ptsd from talking about how she was a rasist few years ago. Can't cope

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.