Loftnq - jesrosevinyl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Not one person has come forward in agreement with your behaviour". What behaviour is that then? Talking about my experiences of racism? Pointing out that apology was a non apology? It really doesn't surprise me anyway. People absolutely love to excuse and minimise racism. My whole life I've had that "oh they're just ignorant". "oh I don't think they meant it that way". "oh they're just from a different generation". "oh well none of us are perfect." It is truly so disheartening.

Amy hasn't even seen the tweets or the apology, by her own admission. Yet felt able to say "they weren't that bad". To clarify (and all the evidence is earlier in the thread), they included:

- Jes saying how annoying a foreign accent was (multiple tweets in this vein)
- Jes expressing her annoyance at hearing "too many" foreign languages for her liking
- Jes calling someone a "Chinese witch"
- Jes calling someone a "scruffy Asian duck"
- Jes saying watching fat people eating makes her sick and they should put down the shovel

Those weren't that bad then?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Amy admits to liking Katie Hopkins on one of her own tweets so the downplaying of racism doesn't come as a shock really.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
"Not one person has come forward in agreement with your behaviour". What behaviour is that then? Talking about my experiences of racism? Pointing out that apology was a non apology? It really doesn't surprise me anyway. People absolutely love to excuse and minimise racism. My whole life I've had that "oh they're just ignorant". "oh I don't think they meant it that way". "oh they're just from a different generation". "oh well none of us are perfect." It is truly so disheartening.

Amy hasn't even seen the tweets or the apology, by her own admission. Yet felt able to say "they weren't that bad". To clarify (and all the evidence is earlier in the thread), they included:

- Jes saying how annoying a foreign accent was (multiple tweets in this vein)
- Jes expressing her annoyance at hearing "too many" foreign languages for her liking
- Jes calling someone a "Chinese witch"
- Jes calling someone a "scruffy Asian duck"
- Jes saying watching fat people eating makes her sick and they should put down the shovel

Those weren't that bad then?
Let's see if she shares this on her story

I wonder if either have them have had diversity or unconscious bias training??? They say it was over 8 years and Jes has changed yet here we are in 2021 being told the tweets weren't that bad. That is not a sign that either have really understood what racism really is about.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if either have them have had diversity or unconscious bias training??? They say it was over 8 years and Jes has changed yet here we are in 2021 being told the tweets weren't that bad. That is not a sign that either have really understood what racism really is about.
When her sister hadn't even seen the tweets according to her, so quite how she could have ascertained their seriousness escapes me.

Oh apparently none of my points are valid because I won't be extorted into "coming forward". That's nice, isn't it? Imagine if you told a victim of a racist attack or domestic violence or workplace bullying (these are examples only) that unless they put their name in the public domain they shouldn't be taken seriously. Power to the people!

The fact Jes wrote those tweets under her own name and has only just now been called out for it - all that shows me is that at the time she was probably surrounded by an echo chamber of followers who didn't see anything wrong with what she said. Which is most worrying of all really.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
When her sister hadn't even seen the tweets according to her, so quite how she could have ascertained their seriousness escapes me.
:rolleyes:
Again, mind boggling how she could come to that conclusion without actually seeing them...

Reactions: 1
They keep saying jes has grown.
Where's the evidence of this growth? Just because they've both said so, everybody, including POC have to accept that as fact?

They claim to be so supportive of anyone struggling with mental illness, yet their tone about tattle users being mentally ill is so vile. It's like they pity people here *because* they're unwell (in their opinion). Poorly people don't need your pity!

And who made them psychiatrists, able to diagnose everybody based on their posts about other people on a website?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My sister tells me I dress like a dick every time I see her.
:rolleyes:
Again, mind boggling how she could come to that conclusion without actually seeing them...
There is no genuine willingness to engage or understand. If there was I might consider coming forward (certainly not to apologise though!). As it is I don't see why I would put myself or my SEN child at risk by doing so.

Where's the evidence of this growth? Just because they've both said so, everybody, including POC have to accept that as fact?

They claim to be so supportive of anyone struggling with mental illness, yet their tone about tattle users being mentally ill is so vile. It's like they pity people here *because* they're unwell (in their opinion). Poorly people don't need your pity!

And who made them psychiatrists, able to diagnose everybody based on their posts about other people on a website?
It's classic gaslighting. Blaming others for their reaction rather than confronting your own actions.

Reactions: 6
If you choose to live out every aspect of your life entirely on social media, that is your choice and your privilege. Some people will like it, some people won’t. That’s exactly what is happening. If you choose to remain anonymous online, that too is your choice and your privilege. When we talk about ‘catching’ people, what exactly does that mean and what does it achieve? If it’s about ‘us’ using this site anonymously, that’s none of anyone else’s business. I think putting energy into closing this site down would be better spent, however there are zero grounds to do so. The internet has far more nefarious corners than this.

Right about one thing though, it is bloody exhausting.

Reactions: 4
I am sure saying that someone is annoying, can't dress and have a terrible house is not bullying... My mates are telling me that on daily bases! 😂 Should I send the police on them... 🤔
She left out that the other 35 pages also talk about Jes breaking covid rules again and again, Jes being cruel to her boyfriend, Jes being rude and awful about the fellow small business owner who by some miracle turned her pile of fabric scraps back into a teddy bear...
I'm sure there is more justified criticisms too

• Heart
Honestly? Before I actually came here to see for myself, I thought it was going to be wall to wall horrific, but... It isn't? Sure, there's some stuff on here that I think is unnecessary and distasteful and go wide of the mark of what I would say personally. But it's no worse than anywhere else. Twitter is a sess pit, I've seen some horrendous stuff on there and the amount of racist posts I've reported on Facebook that don't get deleted bc they don't break community guidelines? Give me a break! 🙄 I agree with Pommobear's earlier point that if someone came after my sister, I'd go off. But don't make it a moral crusade unless you're going to go after every website that allows people to air their thoughts.

Reactions: 6
I actually think it would be fair enough if they posted what they deemed the worst from here ALONGSIDE Jes’s tweets. I’d have 1000% more respect for them.

Reactions: 9
Ah, so her sister has addressed the one tweet that was (IMO) far and away the least problematic (you'll see I didn't even mention it!).

If anyone reads the tweets and "doesn't care", as Amy insinuates, that tells me all I need to know.

I actually think it would be fair enough if they posted what they deemed the worst from here ALONGSIDE Jes’s tweets. I’d have 1000% more respect for them.
Won't happen. Anything they did 8 years ago is apparently not worthy of a mention.

Handy to know that, as a mother, it is beyond the pale that I am on a website talking about racism. They obviously failed to give me that memo when I gave birth.

Last edited:
Which tweet?
"It's so gay how much I love my friends" or something to that effect.

ie, (offensive language incoming) not the one about the "Chinese witch" who could barely speak English which was one of the worst tweets.

Still waiting for someone to explain to me how me being on this site, where other people I don't know or have any interaction with say horrible tit I don't agree with, is any different to me being on Twitter or Facebook, where other people I don't know or have any interaction with say horrible tit I don't agree with.

Or mumsnet for that matter, which saved my life when I had PND, despite having some awful people posting on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Amy, people on Twitter routinely threaten others with rape, make death threats, spew incel rhetoric, spew vile racist abuse (have you seen all the vitriol Marcus Rashford gets there on a daily basis?), wishes death on people's children, saying refugees on boats - children! - deserve to drown, ...the list goes on and on, and a LOT of that stuff is allowed to stand. Look at everything Katie Hopkins said before they finally got rid of her account. That place is a cesspit. Those people are vile. You still have not explained the difference. Why is one website OK but for the other everyone who is on it is automatically a sick troll and should be ashamed of themselves?

Of course she hasn't changed. Back to her old self like nothing ever happened whilst sister uses distraction tactics

I
Amy, people on Twitter routinely threaten others with rape, make death threats, spew incel rhetoric, spew vile racist abuse (have you seen all the vitriol Marcus Rashford gets there on a daily basis?), wishes death on people's children, saying refugees on boats - children! - deserve to drown, ...the list goes on and on, and a LOT of that stuff is allowed to stand. Look at everything Katie Hopkins said before they finally got rid of her account. That place is a cesspit. Those people are vile. You still have not explained the difference. Why is one website OK but for the other everyone who is on it is automatically a sick troll and should be ashamed of themselves?
Well she likes Katie Hopkins so she wouldn't comment badly on her behaviour

I can't wait until they go back to the Caribbean. The virtue signalling is going to be off the charts!
'SeE we'RE Not RAcist'

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.