LL off topic #12 The Wrong Fellas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been working, 13 hour day yesterday and back in tonight. My youngest has asked to go to bed early as he has a fever and extremely flushed cheeks so I'm assuming no school tomorrow 🙃
We had a lovely afternoon in the park and I treated my husband to KFC for father day.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've been working, 13 hour day yesterday and back in tonight. My youngest has asked to go to bed early as he has a fever and extremely flushed cheeks so I'm assuming no school tomorrow 🙃
We had a lovely afternoon in the park and I treated my husband to KFC for father day.
Oh no slapped cheek? It’s doing the rounds at my kids school at the moment

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We had a message from the school office on Friday about slapped cheek going round our school too.

I’m just back from picking mini up from his dads. Had a good weekend. My afternoon tea yesterday was so good. I feel like I’ve carb loaded for an ultra marathon 🤣 need salad tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He had it two weeks ago. The face rash went and last week he had the residual rash on his arms and legs. Can it come back that quickly?
The blurb school sent us just said it was viral and would go without treatment in 6-8 days. I guess some viral things can last a while and flare back up? Was he back to his usual self in between?

• Heart
Lool I’ll piss if it goes round the kids school. Jokes on them they’ve already had it haaaaaa off you go 👋🏿

• Haha
  • Heart
Once the rash comes out on the cheeks they aren't contagious. School still made me pick home up at 11am, couldn't have a sleep before work that day. Kids are killing me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Morning Twattlers 😘
Slapped cheek used to go around our school a lot back in the day.
I suspect it might have meant something different then though 🤣🤣

Had a proper sport-fest of a weekend with footie, cricket and golf. Most of it went to plan until Rory choked the US Open last night. Despite that I had a good win at the bookies which will go some way towards paying for a holiday.

I also got a lovely personalised Father’s Day card with a pic of me and my grandson on it.

A busy week ahead, I hope everyone is ok and the sun starts shining on you x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It's wee Caledonians birthday in a couple of days and he is absolutely buzzing and the birthday countdown is on as he has his party at the weekend too

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Same here. Birthday party this weekend. We keep getting asked how many sleeps. He shakes with excitement when he talks about it, oh to be almost 8 again and the most important thing in your life is the bike you're getting for your birthday.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@Liverbird2003 how is your little feeling now?

we just had an email from the school with a confirmed slapped cheek case in my kids class, but its got an attached letter from UK Health Security Agency which says once you’ve had slapped cheek you are usually immune for life

@Caledonianprincess how’s mini?

• Heart
Both boys back at school 🙌
---
I'm feeling a bit ropey today. I've got a full on study day at work tomorrow, I have to do a 60 minute exam prior to 8am tomorrow morning and I just don't have it in me 🥲

• Heart
He's rash free now and apart from a congested ear drum he is right as rain. I ordered wee and mr Caledonians meds last week and they still aren't ready. Mr has 2 days left and if wee Caledonian doesn't get his I dont know how he will be. Chemist is blaming the doctor but I ordered it at the doctor's so it's the chemist that hasn't got it ready

• Heart
  • Sad
Has anyone else had this torrential rain? I nearly crashed three times coming home from work in the motorway because I couldn’t see due to the rain 😫 then had to get both kids from nursery and they were crying from getting wet it’s awful!

• Wow
Has anyone else had this torrential rain? I nearly crashed three times coming home from work in the motorway because I couldn’t see due to the rain 😫 then had to get both kids from nursery and they were crying from getting wet it’s awful!
It horsed it down when I was on the way back from Glasgow before wee Caledonian came home from school. It's raining just now too and the dogs don't want to go out they are curled up at the back door protesting

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2