LL off topic #12 The Wrong Fellas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having babies is a piece of piss, dunno what all the bloody fuss is about.

oldjamfan has left the chat. In a hurry…

Being serious for a minute our first was a bleeping nightmare. It took us 5 years to pluck up the courage to have another and he was a dream baby. Had it been the other way round I’m sure we would have had 4 or 5.
---
Looks like his Dad 😂
Harsh ha ha ha ha

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How old are your other two? Will they be at ages where they’re a little more independent when a third comes along to make it a bit easier? And who needs to be sensible? Life is too short to worry about being sensible.

I’d have had 10 if I started younger but I’m 36 now so time is ticking and I had such an awful pregnancy with Baby R that I think I’ll only manage once more. I already know I’ll be disappointed not to have a third though. I’m secretly hoping for twins next time so I get my third without a third pregnancy 🙈
Mine are 3 (boy and an easy baby) and very nearly 6 (girl, a tricky baby and a sensitive deep feeling little soul now). We’ve had a few people around us pregnant and having babies and they’ve both asked if we can have another baby in our family. I’m coming up for 37 so similar age to you. Do you know I’d love to have an accident and the decision be taken out of my hands!
I love how you and ode have sparked up the chat on my advice thread. ❤
Ah I hope you get twins! Have you got the twin gene in your family? I’ve also heard your body can start releasing more eggs too as you get older!
oh it’s hard isn’t it @Okgolightly, would we ever get that done feeling?! There is only one way to find out 😂 🙈 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Mine are 3 (boy and an easy baby) and very nearly 6 (girl, a tricky baby and a sensitive deep feeling little soul now). We’ve had a few people around us pregnant and having babies and they’ve both asked if we can have another baby in our family. I’m coming up for 37 so similar age to you. Do you know I’d love to have an accident and the decision be taken out of my hands!
I love how you and ode have sparked up the chat on my advice thread. ❤
Ah I hope you get twins! Have you got the twin gene in your family? I’ve also heard your body can start releasing more eggs too as you get older!
oh it’s hard isn’t it @Okgolightly, would we ever get that done feeling?! There is only one way to find out 😂 🙈 xx
Aww so a lovely gap if you were to have another! They’d be able to help a bit and fully understand what’s going on. I bet they’d love a little sibling 😁
Baby R was an oops baby, I was on the pill but had 3 lots of antibiotics back to back and got really drunk and here we are 🤣 We were planning to start trying this year so we just say he decided he couldn’t wait.

There’s no twins on my side but is on Mr R’s, but that’s not supposed to increase the chance of them as far as I know? Saying that my friend married an identical twin and she’s had twins so I don’t know if there is some kind of increased risk although I guess it’s all down to the eggs 🤷🏻‍♀️ who knows!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This gives me hope because baby rasp currently does 10/11pm-7/8am with one 3am wake up too 😂 if he does 14 hours from 6 weeks I’ll be loving life 🤣
He was a dream. We would take him up to bed at 6.30pm and read one story, put him in bed and say night night. Then leave.
If we had people over, they would ask "is that it?" When we were back downstairs within 10 mins. We were perplexed, wondering how long should bedtime take.
Well now we now. Sometimes 2 or 3 hours of sat next to them 🥴

• Heart
He was a dream. We would take him up to bed at 6.30pm and read one story, put him in bed and say night night. Then leave.
If we had people over, they would ask "is that it?" When we were back downstairs within 10 mins. We were perplexed, wondering how long should bedtime take.
I know exactly what you mean, it can be hours for us too 😭 and then your evening is completely gone. Mini is refusing to sleep in her bed atm and I’m so knackered she just sleeps in ours which I know is just prolonging the issue! I took her to the doctor at one point and she just said some kids just don’t need as much sleep as others which didn’t feel helpful 🥲

• Heart
Aww so a lovely gap if you were to have another! They’d be able to help a bit and fully understand what’s going on. I bet they’d love a little sibling 😁
Baby R was an oops baby, I was on the pill but had 3 lots of antibiotics back to back and got really drunk and here we are 🤣 We were planning to start trying this year so we just say he decided he couldn’t wait.

There’s no twins on my side but is on Mr R’s, but that’s not supposed to increase the chance of them as far as I know? Saying that my friend married an identical twin and she’s had twins so I don’t know if there is some kind of increased risk although I guess it’s all down to the eggs 🤷🏻‍♀️ who knows!
Ah wow! Baby Rasp was meant to be, I think often things have a way of working out for the best. Best laid plans and all that but sometimes what’s meant to be happens and luckily for you you now have your gorgeous boy! ❤
I think it says a lot too that you’re ready to dive in again when you were so poorly first time round.
I think it’s the female that carries the twin gene but it is passed down through males.

Not much chance of an accident happening in Wales, we both had to take a kid each last night. My little boy is in a bed here and usually in a cot at home and I think that caused him to stir and wake up quite a lot. I don’t mind as I got some lovely toddler cuddles at 6am this morning xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That’s amazing! Did he nap much during the day?

I think I was like your second as a baby. My dad used to be up at all hours driving round with me in the car or stomping the streets with me in a pram trying to get me to sleep. Even now he still rocks the trolley when he’s shopping because he used to do it for the entire shop when I was a baby trying to get me to sleep 😂

I know exactly what you mean, it can be hours for us too 😭 and then your evening is completely gone. Mini is refusing to sleep in her bed atm and I’m so knackered she just sleeps in ours which I know is just prolonging the issue! I took her to the doctor at one point and she just said some kids just don’t need as much sleep as others which didn’t feel helpful 🥲
We got a bigger bed incase this happens with us. I can already see me bringing Baby R in to bed with me when he’s a bit bigger 🙈

Ah wow! Baby Rasp was meant to be, I think often things have a way of working out for the best. Best laid plans and all that but sometimes what’s meant to be happens and luckily for you you now have your gorgeous boy! ❤
I think it says a lot too that you’re ready to dive in again when you were so poorly first time round.
I think it’s the female that carries the twin gene but it is passed down through males.

Not much chance of an accident happening in Wales, we both had to take a kid each last night. My little boy is in a bed here and usually in a cot at home and I think that caused him to stir and wake up quite a lot. I don’t mind as I got some lovely toddler cuddles at 6am this morning xx
He was definitely meant to be 🥰 I bet the cuddles made up for the rubbish sleep? Hope he sleeps better tonight for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That’s amazing! Did he nap much during the day?

I think I was like your second as a baby. My dad used to be up at all hours driving round with me in the car or stomping the streets with me in a pram trying to get me to sleep. Even now he still rocks the trolley when he’s shopping because he used to do it for the entire shop when I was a baby trying to get me to sleep 😂

We got a bigger bed incase this happens with us. I can already see me bringing Baby R in to bed with me when he’s a bit bigger 🙈

He was definitely meant to be 🥰 I bet the cuddles made up for the rubbish sleep? Hope he sleeps better tonight for you!
That’s why we got a super king but it’s still not big enough, my two have to be literally touching me 🤣 I was determined not to cosleep with the baby but I caved and now most nights Mr Golightly ends up on the sofa and I have both kids in bed 🥲🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m so over this weather. I’m sick of the kids bringing coughs home, baby’s got another cold, guys probs fuming he’s only been on earth 11 weeks and he’s on his 2nd cough and cold

• Sad
  • Heart
I've just had to get to the doctor's quick speed as mini has his jags at 2pm. Not me that forgot despite reminders on my phone 🙈😂 I hope he's going to be okay I hate this part of parenting

• Heart
I've just had to get to the doctor's quick speed as mini has his jags at 2pm. Not me that forgot despite reminders on my phone 🙈😂 I hope he's going to be okay I hate this part of parenting
I have to ask.... you always call them jags. Why is that? Is it a local dialect thing or your preferred word?
I always say jabs with a b.
Just being nosey passing the time.

• Haha
I have to ask.... you always call them jags. Why is that? Is it a local dialect thing or your preferred word?
I don't actually know how they ended up being jags tbh. Our family have always called them jags.
Mini screamed holy murder in the appointment 😔poor boy got 2 jags in each leg this time. His boosters and the MMR dose for 1 year olds

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m so over this weather. I’m sick of the kids bringing coughs home, baby’s got another cold, guys probs fuming he’s only been on earth 11 weeks and he’s on his 2nd cough and cold
Poor little man! 😔 We’ve pretty much banned anyone coming and seeing baby since he got poorly unless they’re in absolutely perfect health. It’s actually been quite nice just being the three of us. Not so easy when you have other kids tho. But agreed on the weather it’s just shite! I’ve got loads of cute rompers and shorts and T-shirts for mini rasp thinking by now we’d have sunshine and warmer weather and I reckon he’s gonna grow out of them before he gets to wear any of them at this rate.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don't actually know how they ended up being jags tbh. Our family have always called them jags.
Mini screamed holy murder in the appointment 😔poor boy got 2 jags in each leg this time. His boosters and the MMR dose for 1 year olds
Mr Deleted has to bring Mini tomorrow for her 13 month ones as I have a hospital appointment. I am actually relieved I don't have to be the one there this time. 💔💔

• Heart
Its a Scottish thing.
They can't speak proper like wot we do.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So we moved into our new house a couple of months ago and I put mini into the attic room as it’s the biggest room in the house so I thought she would have plenty of room to play etc. However she is refusing to sleep in there; she will happily play up there in the day but will not sleep there on a night. Mr Golightly has suggested we swap our room (which is smaller but on the middle floor and much lighter) with hers in the hope it gets her to sleep as he thinks the size of the room is scaring her. I just don’t know. At the point I’m willing to do anything but I don’t want to move everyone around, do her up another bedroom and she still won’t sleep in it which I know probably sounds selfish but I’m so knaxkered already 😭🫠

• Heart