Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
@odetotheseaweed good luck, hope all goes well.
---
I was chatting with a friend earlier this week about how I’d like to do one of those posh train excursions but they always seem to leave from Crewe or similar. Today a brochure popped through the door with a departure from my local station so I’ve booked myself on it. It seems like fate or serendipity or whatever the word is.

As a singleton I get a window seat but there could be another singleton on my table. If there is I just hope they are nice, if they aren’t I think it will be headphones all the way. The dining option is a bit beyond my budget so I’ve gone for the other one and added afternoon tea as an extra.

I'm really looking forward to it, right up my street.
This sounds lovely! Maybe a dashing man will be your table companion?

• Heart
Reactions: 2

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
2 spring onions
Half a white onion
4 scotch bonnet
Thyme
Ginger
About half a garlic bulb
4-5 big spoons of brown sugar
Salt
Pimento seeds
Nutmeg
All spice
Black pepper
2 limes juiced
Browning
A tin of pineapple and tip some juice in

Blend all that up, add green seasoning that u can get from any Caribbean shop then marinate the chicken for 2 hours, don’t do it any longer than that cos the pineapple fucks the chicken up
Then cook it how you like. It’s dead nice. If you wanna go easy on the spices use 1 or 2 scotch bonnets and take the seeds out x
Thanks Gigi, I’ll let you know when I give it a go!

• Heart

Peepynose

Only way we can do it is to take wee Caledonian out in term time. It saves us £££. I've never been fined for taking him out but I appreciate schools out with Scotland may be different
Oh I don’t blame you Calle for taking him out, even with a fine it’s miles cheaper! Both Mr Peepy and I work in education settings so term time breaks aren’t an option for us but I completely understand why families do take them.
I know we are lucky because we get to spend lots of family time together as we have lots of holidays, I just wish it didn’t cost an arm and a leg to have a break away during those times!

• Heart

Okgolightly

VIP Member
@odetotheseaweed good luck, hope all goes well.
---
I was chatting with a friend earlier this week about how I’d like to do one of those posh train excursions but they always seem to leave from Crewe or similar. Today a brochure popped through the door with a departure from my local station so I’ve booked myself on it. It seems like fate or serendipity or whatever the word is.

As a singleton I get a window seat but there could be another singleton on my table. If there is I just hope they are nice, if they aren’t I think it will be headphones all the way. The dining option is a bit beyond my budget so I’ve gone for the other one and added afternoon tea as an extra.

I'm really looking forward to it, right up my street.
Oooh that sounds absolutely lovely! I’ve always wanted to do one of those. You will have to let us know how you get on 😍💛

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Poor thing! Would going nappyless so the air gets to it help? Obviously more messy for you but might soothe it for her? Bless her 😔

• Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Mines posterior so shouldn’t impact the csection at all should it? I would happily have the scan without hesitation if it was for baby’s benefit but it doesn’t feel like risks outweigh the benefit for this one when the bleeding has only just stopped.
Thank you ❤ I will question it more with them at the scan and decide then but I just wanted to make sure it wouldn’t flag that I was a pain in the ass or neglecting the babies needs etc.
---

No advice but hope they pass soon! 😩
When is your scan? Hope they don’t need to do it internally xx

• Heart
That train trip looks amazing @mrs.darcy. I love Berwick as my grandparents used to have a caravan there and that's where we spent our childhood holidays. Linlithgow has some nice history too and well Edinburghs is self explanatory lol.

• Heart