Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whatever it is, whether it’s an app, or just some kind of lens, I need it. I’m 5”10’ with relatively long and slim legs, and I do not look like that. I don’t even think most models look like that.

I can image her using some sort of wide angle lens (I know nothing about photography) only to be able to say that she never uses apps to alter pictures. I do know lenses can make a huge difference.

Reactions: 2
How does she do it without stretching the background and making it disjointed 😂
It‘s very easy actually. Most apps have a setting to stretch the whole picture (meaning also everything in the background). I you do it carefully nothing will be disjointed.
I re-edited the picture Lizzy posted (red Lizzy‘s post, blue Lizzy even more stretched out)
And the second one left what Lizzy posted and right what the picture probably unedited was like

I used an app called airbrush for this if anyone is wondering

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’m really on the fence about posting this but I just need to say it. For ages I assumed her legs looking extra long (they were long already obv) was a result of her weight loss, and obviously that’s the main reason, hence part of why I was trying to lose weight was to make my legs look better (lol) thinking it would yield a similar result.

Seeing that it could also be photo manipulation has brought (cautious) slight relief. It’s also made me think how I’ve seen Lizzy being posted on a lot of ED (eating disorder) online communities in recent years. There’s a lot of manipulated images that ppl use in these circles as “thinspo” because it’s (mostly without ppl knowing) edited and so unrealistic which is perfect fuel for EDs. And don’t get me wrong, my ED and other ppls EDs are nothing to do with Lizzy. People like her are not responsible for EDs. HOWEVER photoshopping or editing your images to look taller and skinnier than you are has a bad impact on the people who follow you with body image insecurities. It’s also just dishonest. But when you have a platform its irresponsible. There’s a lot of photoshopped images that young girls don’t realise are photoshopped who then strive to look like that. It’s sad as she seems to have such a “down to earth” personality but I think it’s clear she’s been stretching her photos from how strangely large her feet have been looking recently and how different she looks to her old photos. When you stretch or angle the image in your iPhone photo editing settings it makes your feet look larger. If you guys have an iPhone and play around in the cropping/rotation settings you should find it. It can look really subtle. Or maybe it really is all just weight loss and camera angles 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, Lizzy has always expressed how body confident she is on her podcast with Lindsay, so why the need to manipulate her images?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It is quite obvious to me that she photoshops her photos, specially her legs. Not sure why she does it.
I find a bit disturbing that most of her photos/videos have a glass of wine somewhere...

Reactions: 5
I’m really on the fence about posting this but I just need to say it. For ages I assumed her legs looking extra long (they were long already obv) was a result of her weight loss, and obviously that’s the main reason, hence part of why I was trying to lose weight was to make my legs look better (lol) thinking it would yield a similar result.

Seeing that it could also be photo manipulation has brought (cautious) slight relief. It’s also made me think how I’ve seen Lizzy being posted on a lot of ED (eating disorder) online communities in recent years. There’s a lot of manipulated images that ppl use in these circles as “thinspo” because it’s (mostly without ppl knowing) edited and so unrealistic which is perfect fuel for EDs. And don’t get me wrong, my ED and other ppls EDs are nothing to do with Lizzy. People like her are not responsible for EDs. HOWEVER photoshopping or editing your images to look taller and skinnier than you are has a bad impact on the people who follow you with body image insecurities. It’s also just dishonest. But when you have a platform its irresponsible. There’s a lot of photoshopped images that young girls don’t realise are photoshopped who then strive to look like that. It’s sad as she seems to have such a “down to earth” personality but I think it’s clear she’s been stretching her photos from how strangely large her feet have been looking recently and how different she looks to her old photos. When you stretch or angle the image in your iPhone photo editing settings it makes your feet look larger. If you guys have an iPhone and play around in the cropping/rotation settings you should find it. It can look really subtle. Or maybe it really is all just weight loss and camera angles 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, Lizzy has always expressed how body confident she is on her podcast with Lindsay, so why the need to manipulate her images?
I 100% agree. They lack self-awareness of how they contribute to disordered eating and ED. It’s baffling. And, sure, weight loss can make your legs thinner (but certainly not THAT dramatically), but weight loss doesn’t make you taller!

At this point, I just assume everything is edited to some degree. I saw something on @influencerstruth that there’s now an app/filter that can edit you while the video is recording. It’s bananas.

I saw this on Instagram today and thought lol that’s what Lizzy‘s photos will be looking like in autumn/ winter.
I fully agree on the ED post. It was the reason for me to unfollow her. It was just so damn triggering. I‘m a little taller than Lizzy and always wondered „why don’t my legs look like this?!“ - the answer is because not even Lizzy‘s legs look like that.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

She looks very very thin in the last picture she posted (with the wine) it doesn’t look very healthy.

Reactions: 1
Is there anything going on in her life, seems like she doesn’t have much job and all she does whole day is duck all and perhaps reading.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is there anything going on in her life, seems like she doesn’t have much job and all she does whole day is duck all and perhaps reading.
It’s quite funny to me how Lizzy and other influencers etc have recently decided it’s really cool to read and brag about how many books they’ve finished this year. To me what it says is, instead of proving how “intellectual“ they are (which I assume is what they want to put across), it just goes to show how much free time they have on their hands. Like of course you’ve read all these books... you have ten times the amount of leisure time than your audience does.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s quite funny to me how Lizzy and other influencers etc have recently decided it’s really cool to read and brag about how many books they’ve finished this year. To me what it says is, instead of proving how “intellectual“ they are (which I assume is what they want to put across), it just goes to show how much free time they have on their hands. Like of course you’ve read all these books... you have ten times the amount of leisure time than your audience does.
plus the wine, it seems like it only takes 2020 for them to realised the existence of books and wines

It’s painful watching someone who’s in such a privileged position, the wealth, the connections, the audience and the education, just doing so little? I mean the materials and resources she has access to, studios and printers and scanners etc. She gets called creative but I don’t see it? I liked those paintings she did a while ago, I wish she would do more of that. Not even specifically that, but like even really easy simple ideas about how to present content. The podcast is quite meh, it actually sounds exactly like one called “Stuff Mom Never Told You” whose title makes more sense and they tackle heavier and wider topics. It makes me genuinely concerned as to if she’s doing okay emotionally. Maybe she’s just in a rut as we all get sometimes, everyone’s creativity slackens now and then. I’m fascinated as to how much lockdown has affected her so deeply, when everyone I know including myself has objectively had it a lot tougher. Ofc we only know what she shows us, there could be something seriously wrong, and I really hope that’s not the case.

Reactions: 6
Ever since Lizzy left Holland Park for East London she has seemed absolutely miserable. She seems so bored with her life, which is a shame because I used to really enjoy her vlogs. I hope she finds her way and figures out who she wants to be because she comes across a bit lost. It's as if she moved to re-invent herself but it hasn't quite gone to plan.

I also find it interesting how badly lockdown seems to have affected her. She made the decision to go back home and then regretted the decision. She clearly really struggled with not having a partner to be with at the time and that she was back home. She went back to London but only seemed to cheer up for a day or 2 and then was miserable again.

Reactions: 11
Ever since Lizzy left Holland Park for East London she has seemed absolutely miserable. She seems so bored with her life, which is a shame because I used to really enjoy her vlogs. I hope she finds her way and figures out who she wants to be because she comes across a bit lost. It's as if she moved to re-invent herself but it hasn't quite gone to plan.

I also find it interesting how badly lockdown seems to have affected her. She made the decision to go back home and then regretted the decision. She clearly really struggled with not having a partner to be with at the time and that she was back home. She went back to London but only seemed to cheer up for a day or 2 and then was miserable again.
If you ask me, I think she should move back up to Manchester. She clearly moved to London because that's where the opportunities are, but I don't see her getting any more opportunities than she did when she was living in Manchester - she could live up there with half the rent for a luxurious apartment and just travel to London when necessary.

Reactions: 6
In her defence, its not as if 2020 has been particularly busy for any influencer. Less sponsorships, less trips, less events etc.

I think seems a bit lost at the moment, and purpose-less. But I think thats the case for a lot of people right now. Plus for some people that is on top of economic uncertainty she's lucky to not have to deal with.

Reactions: 3
In her defence, its not as if 2020 has been particularly busy for any influencer. Less sponsorships, less trips, less events etc.

I think seems a bit lost at the moment, and purpose-less. But I think thats the case for a lot of people right now. Plus for some people that is on top of economic uncertainty she's lucky to not have to deal with.
Yes, I was talking before 2020, forgot to mention it!! Unlike others, Lizzy didn't seem very busy last year either. I mean she wasn't busy enough to justify living in London when she could live in Manchester for half the price. There is nothing tying her to London - she doesn't seem to have any friends there either.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.