Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, not much explanation of the follow through. If that’s the right way to put it?

It feels like she’s just going to wait until there’s a consensus that the companies are ‘okay’ again (ie when she will be safe from criticism...)

I’d rather a definitive explanation - I.e. What will have needed to change? The companies saying they will do better in a PR statement? actual evidence of improved conditions in the workplace for BIPOC?

I’m not sure, by the way, how she can go about doing this vetting either. Just that I’d be impressed if she had outlined more of her new approach.
By vetting I mean that Everlane has had documented issues since before she took the sponsorship. They’ve been called out for greenwashing for years, so if she was really genuine about sustainability and not just jumping on another affliate program bandwagon, she probably would’ve said no. Granted, the Everlane affliate program is suuuper desirable because they pay way better than a lot of well known brands, but it comes back to profits over values.

And I think you’re right, she’s letting all the negative hype die down but has no intention of giving them up entirely. The excuse of never knowing for sure if the internal situation is any better is kind of bullshit. People in the industry talk. It’s easy to find articles, and the catalyst to all this was last year when a group of customer service employees tried to unionize, so the issues have been ongoing. Why didn’t she speak up then?

Reactions: 4
It’s nuts. Influencers are businesses. All businesses have to do due diligence about their affiliates, supply chains & partners - it’s reputational risk management. Why influenceers think that this doesn’t apply to them is baffling. It is their personal brand on the line for a few pounds/dollars.

Reactions: 7
By vetting I mean that Everlane has had documented issues since before she took the sponsorship. They’ve been called out for greenwashing for years, so if she was really genuine about sustainability and not just jumping on another affliate program bandwagon, she probably would’ve said no. Granted, the Everlane affliate program is suuuper desirable because they pay way better than a lot of well known brands, but it comes back to profits over values.
Was it around 2018 or something that Everlane suddenly arrived as the influencers favorite ethical brand?
I think I saw the brand first on Dearly Bethany channel. Importing items to Norway is a sure way to get you a step closer to bankruptcy (import tax is inhuman here, especially if your poor).

Shortly after everybody started to rave about the brand I did a simple google search and found a blogger exposing Everlane for being as green as HM, aka not green at all. If I can do a better job than her, at researching brands, then its pretty easy to se that Lizzy has never been about the environment, it´s all about the money.

Reactions: 2
I see that Lizzy has taken a page from the Lily Pebbles handbook on "How to work less and less and still rack in the cash". Her polls on if her viewers preferred written blog posts or mere photo dumps, and on if they minded to see repeats of her IG feed as opposed to original photos (seems like she hasn't shot much film lately)...ridiculous. What else does she have to do? Although maybe she's coming to the realisation that she has nothing to write about.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh yes, @poopettemetis , you're absolutely right that Everlane being dodgy is hardly a new post-BLM thing!

The thing that gets me with Lizzy is I like her, and I think in real life would probably get along well with her. She's intelligent and has an eye for interesting design (even if it gets repetitive). But as you say @ccocopops_16 , shes not 'doing' much at the moment. It's disappointing, she's creative and could have really done something cool. Heck, even the pink saccarrine feed of Freddy My Love has had more interesting content during Covid.

Reactions: 5
Why do you find her intelligent though? Because she's soft spoken, reads books, studied art history, can draw?
I'm not saying she's a moron but I do believe she knows how to present herself in the most vanilla, consensual way. There have been a couple of times where she's shown to be an obtuse and privileged typical white girl. And on her reading books...girl can't talk about them to save her life and she doesn't seem like such a thorough reader to me.

To me she doesn't particularly have an eye for design actually. She doesn't go out of her way to test out more conceptual brands, she just gets sent expensive items from minimalistic/normcore brands (or historical houses like Church's) and she has a more polished image than most influencers but...that's it. Having an expensive analogue point and shoot camera does not an aesthetic make.

Reactions: 15
Why intelligent? Hmm, perhaps it is just the way she presents herself? I could be just buying in to the facade she has to the world!

That said, even if I am wrong, She’s certainly more intelligent than many other influencers discussed on tattle.

In terms of design - sure she could wear more interesting clothes! Beyond fashion, I think she has interesting taste in furniture and architecture etc. She uses the expensive camera to take what I think are boring photos, but they’re definitely an aesthetic people like. She has an eye for that - what people like on IG etc.

Why do you find her intelligent though? Because she's soft spoken, reads books, studied art history, can draw?
I'm not saying she's a moron but I do believe she knows how to present herself in the most vanilla, consensual way. There have been a couple of times where she's shown to be an obtuse and privileged typical white girl. And on her reading books...girl can't talk about them to save her life and she doesn't seem like such a thorough reader to me.

To me she doesn't particularly have an eye for design actually. She doesn't go out of her way to test out more conceptual brands, she just gets sent expensive items from minimalistic/normcore brands (or historical houses like Church's) and she has a more polished image than most influencers but...that's it. Having an expensive analogue point and shoot camera does not an aesthetic make.
Because if you compare Lizzy to Lily Pebbles, Lizzy is intelligent. She does presents herself well, and at least she reads, unlike many other influencers.

Reactions: 7
Yes well, I respect Lizzy enough to not compare her to the absolute monster that is Lily Pebbles lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes well, I respect Lizzy enough to not compare her to the absolute monster that is Lily Pebbles lol.
True 😂
It could be just what she is putting out online, but she does present herself as more sophisticated and intelligent than many other influencers. If you compare Lizzy to Freddy My Love or Lily, there is a lot more brain and basic skills. And even when comparing Lizzy to the ones that try to present themselves as intelligent ones - Anna, BB, Lucy Moon, Lizzy is doing a much better job.
I mean for all we know she reads chick flick literature and can’t tell apart Monet from Manet, which is also okay 😂

Reactions: 4
The haircut is actually pretty nice, will be interesting to see how she styles it.

Reactions: 3
I like the new haircut very much. It won’t be low maintenance though.
Yeah, I think thats the trick with haircuts like that. They look great out of the hairdressers, and you assume it will be easy to style/have...but then you wash it and realise how much effort nonchalantly toussled requires.

Reactions: 3
I like the new hair cut, despite loving the fringe too.
I really appreciate that fact that she loves to read and I like her “clean” style.

Reactions: 1
She flits from being entertaining and relatable to an utterly irritating spoilt brat.
It’s all great flitting from one rental in London to another and shilling freebies but it’s not sustainable long term especially as lizzy will admit she struggles from time to time ( Don’t we all - me included ) as a career and she can do much better than YT and IG
Her lips are looking comedy big. She needs to stop with those.
Great figure though but please put a bra on - totally for effect

• Wow
Reactions: 5
She needs to watch about 100 booktuber reviews. Holy hell she is not eloquent in the least.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.