Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's super interesting!!! Thanks for sharing, maybe I was wrong :) I think I just assumed that she did a fake sponsorship because of the other crazy stuff she has done.....
[/QUOTE]

No problem! Not going to lie, was exciting to get the DM from them šŸ˜‚ but not worth the paperwork!
I agree - I cannot believe there is someone out there so shamelessly copying...! That &other stories blue bikini pic looks like it was taken from same shoot as Lizzie.!! Just bizarre... but have to admit I am living for the drama in my boring work filled life at the moment ....!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Also... she is probably all over this thread....
I was thinking that. At this level of obsession there's no doubt she'd be poring over the gossip on Lizzy too

Reactions: 10
am I imagining things or did Lizzy just now upload a video and then delete it? I thought she posted a new vlog with the title along the lines of ā€œexciting newsā€ but I was still at work, and now Iā€™ve gone to watch it and there isnā€™t a new video? am I seeing things and do I need to take a nap šŸ¤£ I have noticed sheā€™s been uploading less recently

Reactions: 1
am I imagining things or did Lizzy just now upload a video and then delete it? I thought she posted a new vlog with the title along the lines of ā€œexciting newsā€ but I was still at work, and now Iā€™ve gone to watch it and there isnā€™t a new video? am I seeing things and do I need to take a nap šŸ¤£ I have noticed sheā€™s been uploading less recently
I'm watching it right now because I had it paused!! Apparently there's an 'exciting announcement'

Edit: she's working with a book subscription service

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It probably got unapproved by the book service or something had to be changed/edited I imagine..?

Reactions: 3
Yeah, she just put up a story saying she noticed an editing mistake, took it down to fix and has now re-uploaded. Iā€™m going with @sfts on this...

Yeah, she just put up a story saying she noticed an editing mistake, took it down to fix and has now re-uploaded. Iā€™m going with @sfts on this...
Surprises me because she so often has editing mistakes that she doesn't notice/notices but can't be arsed to change...maybe it's because it's actually paid content

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Fastforwarded through most of her vlog, but one thing stood out to me which is that she went with Times New Roman for her bespoke notebook. I'm gonna get on my graphic designer soapbox for a moment and just say... Ugh, what a disappointment. Way to pick the most off-the-shelf, uninspiring serif typeface there is. I realize pretty much nobody but other designers thinks about typefaces, but there are SO many more beautiful and classic fonts she could have chosen (that wouldn't have been that difficult to procure either). For someone who "worked so hard" on this, I'm just laughing at how predictable she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Fastforwarded through most of her vlog, but one thing stood out to me which is that she went with Times New Roman for her bespoke notebook. I'm gonna get on my graphic designer soapbox for a moment and just say... Ugh, what a disappointment. Way to pick the most off-the-shelf, uninspiring serif typeface there is. I realize pretty much nobody but other designers thinks about typefaces, but there are SO many more beautiful and classic fonts she could have chosen (that wouldn't have been that difficult to procure either). For someone who "worked so hard" on this, I'm just laughing at how predictable she is.
Iā€™m not a designer, but have been tasked with creating a team holiday recipe book for work...def am NOT going with Times New Roman šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I thought designers hated Arial the most because of how uneven it is? Arial Font is bullshit

What fonts would you choose?

What fonts would you choose?
I presume the brand partnered Lizzy with a designer to guide her through the options at her disposal. They'd give her a choice of standard notebook sizes, paper, colored stock, and printing methods to choose from, and then ask what kind of feel she was going for (she probably said something along the lines of "understated and classic") and comp up layout samples based on that. If it were me, I'd give her a couple different interpretations of "classic":

Caslon - a classic go-to serif. Can't go wrong
Hoefler - another beautiful serif, but $$$
Archer Hairline - a little overdone at this point, but in small quantities could still be fun
and maybe throw in good old Gil Sans, which looks great in all-caps and is quintessentially English

She'd probably choose one of the serifs, because she's basic like that, and then we'd go from there and play around with some other fonts to get it just right. NEVER would I present a client with Times New Roman unless it was a last resort/I hated them.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How has she been working on this for months but itā€™s not ready yet and this is the biggest month of the year for gift purchasing? Seems odd

Reactions: 6
How has she been working on this for months but itā€™s not ready yet and this is the biggest month of the year for gift purchasing? Seems odd
I thought that was really weird too! Like, if this is supposed to be for the holidays, you'd think it would have been available at the beginning of the month. This is probably the fault of the subscription company though, not Lizzy. Honestly, after looking at their website, I would not order from them anyway. Doesn't really look like they have their tit together.

Tangent: This probably belongs in the Anna Edit thread, but as I was scrolling through their list of books, I spied this:
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 10.49.00 AM.png

:LOL: Most of the other discounted books have a couple of Ā£s knocked off the price. This one is marked down by more than half of the MSRP!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The cooking part in her latest vlog was so messy... from the beet root stains, awkward chopping to all those onion pieces flying around... it really stressed me out šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.