Lizzy Hadfield and Lindsey Holland #3 Boobs, booze and BJs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lizzy has always been careless but I suppose moving to Homerton might teach her the value of her possessions and ultimately end up being a good life lesson for her. Although, even when she had her iPhone snatched from her very hand it didn’t seem to phase her! I imagine when you grow up that wealthy stuff is just stuff

PLUS… Lindsey is teasing Mr Tattoo again so I’m guessing an engagement is around the corner 😂View attachment 696620
She is doing this on purpose! Feed tattle.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Well done you and well put. My sister's husband is from a super down to earth philanthropic family who have an abundance of wealth and she lives in a crazy expensive small detached home in Boston. I don't begrudge people having nice things or money but as you say there are people who are grateful and have life experiences which allow them to not be complete and utter prats. For all the "reading" these chicas supposedly do you would think they would get it a little but alas, I think it's life experience which teaches the most. Some of it comes down to luck. Heck if my parents had sold their home and my grandad's home later we would be in a very different financial position, not that my family is struggling at all. But I doubt highly I would ever be a brat as I have also lived through very lean (but much of it happy) times. My sister is absolutely not a brat either so while it's really easy to paint people with broad strokes there are those with privilege who acknowledge and those who have no bloody idea and attribute their success to merit. Which, is, asinine. I'm so with you on this and happy someone like you was able to seize the opportunity and do so well and dilute the wanker concentration - LOL.
I think it also has to do with the people you surround yourself with too. Obviously the past year has been an eye opening year for all of us. It’s also given us time to reflect on a lot of things with friends, family and co-workers. I’ve had some great discussions with my friends about white privilege, systemic racism and allyship (as I’m sure many of you have too). I just don’t see Lizzy and her group of friends having these often uncomfortable conversations. It’s clear in her actions on IG that she doesn’t seem to really care. And when you don’t have people in your circle from different backgrounds, or aren’t curious about learning how other people live day-to-day, there’s really no impetus for her to reflect on her privilege, ya know?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
To acknowledge one's privilege you have to be surrounded by people who do not benefit from it. Lizzy's friends are all influencers who look exactly like her. Skinny, blonde, white women who live a very comfortablelife. So, there is no way that she can acknowledge or be aware of her privilege.

She is convincing herself that she made it on her own even though her entire career and life is funded by her parents. If she acknowledged her privileges she'd had to realize that she didn't accomplished anything by herself. Which can be a depressing thought.

She is not the only one in the same position. Tons of other privileged people would fight tooth and nails to say that they are not privileged even though the facts are right under their nose.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't know London very well, but is a borough like Homerton very big? Because I'm hearing some generalizations about safety and niceness, and it makes me wonder if that can really be applied to the whole neighborhood. In San Francisco, for instance, the Mission is a hugely popular area to live because it's got bars, restaurants, nice shops, good weather, etc. But you can be walking down a bourgie street full of expensive shops and shiny new condos, and then two blocks over you have your bodegas with Cheetos and rats and people sleeping on the street (of course there is a familiar story about gentrification here as well). Knowing Lizzy, her house is probably in the nicest area of the borough and she'll never venture out of it.

Regarding why she rented in expensive areas and then bought further afield, she chose the fancy neighborhoods because she needed them for her brand. Who would pay attention to a blogger from Manchester who moves to London only to live in a suburb? She had the means to support a glamorous backdrop for her content, and it paid off for her.
It's not a borough, it's a neighbourhood, so no it's not that big - it's in Hackney borough

Reactions: 8
I never got Lindsey, don't know enough about her, but I my first impression was that she isn't as adept at the presentation/ smoke and mirrors end of things as some other influencers? Probably from a less well off background? Not that that matters to me. I do think I remember that she was a physiotherapist? Which that's no small feat. It's not a glamorous job and quite demanding of one's energy but it is, at least, a bankable skill and something she could return to if need be as a middle aged adult (rapidly approaching).

Many influencer wannabes who are not wealthy don't have many in demand, reasonably compensated and satisfying skills. Instead they are working retail/cafe/odd gig jobs that will be much harder to endure going back to when the bottom falls out. Pay is abysmal and prejudice towards older, less hip folks, abounds. These people I worry about. I do think influencing is short lived for most. People like Lizzy won't have a problem as long as they invest wisely, but people that don't have a safety net, it will likely tough road.

Meowmeowbeans when I lived in SF ages ago (for 8 years) the neighborhoods I lived in chronologically were: Marina (right on the "triangle" between Marina and Pac Heights next to the Balboa Cafe), Nob Hill, The Haight, Tenderloin. LOL. Talk about the wrong direction. Each apartment sketchier then the previous. It was the beginning of the tech boom.

Not the way I had planned, a life trajectory ruined by those charlatans (jk)

That said, living in the Tenderloin I would sit in my car with a friend and have a Rue Paul drag race type show every weekend in my very own nabe. The most colorful characters would hang at the corner shop and there was a drag theater (theatre) near by. Way more exciting than the yuppies in the Marina or the hippies in the Haight. When I lived in the Haight, there was always some sort of present for me on my porch (a sock, a bra, a bong, a human named Sapphire who needed to use my loo). That too, while unsettling, infinitely more interesting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Meowmeowbeans when I lived in SF ages ago (for 8 years) the neighborhoods I lived in chronologically were: Marina (right on the "triangle" between Marina and Pac Heights next to the Balboa Cafe), Nob Hill, The Haight, Tenderloin. LOL. Talk about the wrong direction. Each apartment sketchier then the previous. It was the beginning of the tech boom.

Not the way I had planned, a life trajectory ruined by those charlatans (jk)

That said, living in the Tenderloin I would sit in my car with a friend and have a Rue Paul drag race type show every weekend in my very own nabe. The most colorful characters would hang at the corner shop and there was a drag theater (theatre) near by. Way more exciting than the yuppies in the Marina or the hippies in the Haight. When I lived in the Haight, there was always some sort of present for me on my porch (a sock, a bra, a bong, a human named Sapphire who needed to use my loo). That too, while unsettling, infinitely more interesting.
Oh my, you really got the full spectrum, didn't you? :ROFLMAO: I'm sure you've got tons of interesting stories! Was the drag theater Aunt Charlie's, by chance?

Back to Lizzy: Thank god she's got another friendly neighborhood cat. That's the only good thing about her account these days (sorry to all you cat haters lol).

Thought about the dining table Lizzy shipped from York? I know it has sentimental value but a lot of things have sentimental value too.

I can’t believe the previous owner spent so much money on designer furniture but had their house decorated in such an awful state.

Reactions: 10
I have huge respect for Lindsey just because she’s a physiotherapist. They’re total life savers. She should incorporate her knowledge into her work as an influencer. Don’t really know how, but it would help her stand out. I think sometimes she looks like she’s not the smartest, but I actually think she is smart and that would be a good way to show it.

Reactions: 12
Thought about the dining table Lizzy shipped from York? I know it has sentimental value but a lot of things have sentimental value too.

I can’t believe the previous owner spent so much money on designer furniture but had their house decorated in such an awful state.
I found the house online as well and I could not believe how badly the previous owners had decorated it. It's crazy how they managed to re-do the kitchen so beautifully and then ruin it all with terrible furniture and clutter everywhere. I think the house itself is beautiful and has a great layout and with right decor it has potential to look gorgeous, just not convinced that Lizzy will manage to do that though.

Reactions: 5
I was not impressed with the dining table at all. I guess the sentimental nostalgia is REALLY strong. Like oxytocin in a mother who sees their newborn - it's distorting the facts. LOL. My sister's first child looked like ET. She was like thank God for the oxytocin (the love hormone secreted after pregnancy and when you are in lust love), because otherwise....She was only kidding. I also went to a party once and there was a baby there that looked like a square, the shape. I'm not joking. And I thought I was the only one that thought this but on the ride home with a car full of friends someone finally said, so what about that baby eh? And then another person (not me) said square baby? and I laugh about it to this day. Probably grew up to be gorgeous (or Sponge Bob?).

But I digress...

Meowmeowbeans yes - Aunt Charlie's! On Turk (and Taylor I think?)

Have you watched this short film about 3 of the long term drag stars there? It's profoundly moving (and only 30 mins).

I have huge respect for Lindsey just because she’s a physiotherapist. They’re total life savers. She should incorporate her knowledge into her work as an influencer. Don’t really know how, but it would help her stand out. I think sometimes she looks like she’s not the smartest, but I actually think she is smart and that would be a good way to show it.
Yes, me too, proper respect. I trained for 2 years in Occupational Therapy and we worked a lot with Physical Therapists (the name for physios in the US). They are similar disciplines. I'm very sure working for the NHS extremely draining but with her ballet/dance background and physio surely she could parlay this into a more private pay type position and write or vlog about lifestyle and ways to look and feel better using posture and footwork etc. I don't know. Something I reckon.

If you guys watch that short film, think about Brittany Bathgate and Lizzy's make up routines in comparison to the ones in the opening sequences and how it frigging knocks that lot downstairs in terms of being totally AWESOME. It makes me realize how meaninglessly shallow they all are (influencers).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I definitely feel Lindsey should incorporate her qualified vocation somehow into her business as yes, content creation is fast becoming big bucks business women only. They’re all now seeing it’s everyone for themselves…
To me why did Dior choose to work with Lindsey over Lizzy, Lindsey is far more photogenic, approachable and relatable the same as her H&M campaign. Which were two huge breaks and achievements for her as she had already taken the leap of leaving her safety net of a monthly salary to going it alone, it paid off big time. Whereas, Lizzy didn’t have those opportunities maybe if you include the BMW car job, but I think her fee should’ve gone to her photographer — he took the photos Lizzy didn’t do anything or attempt to show the car off apart from driving to Parsons Green only to take a walk and think about moving there.
Her carefully selected decisions of renting in affluent areas was cleverly orchestrated to gain big bucks, ads, campaigns etc.
Sometimes I felt as though their podcast was one big joke on Lindsey and found it hurtful to listen to. On their topic of money I think it was that or income Lizzy couldn’t contribute at all it’s clear to see how her identity crisis of to me was what am I doing, what’s my purpose? Everyone goes through that however, post university it must be trying to always be on holiday mode because you have nothing to do essentially or fill your days with. Therefore, coffee runs, the gym collecting parcels and shopping is all in a hard days work.
There has to be more substance then ripping off fashion styles and throwing money away, surely? I’d much prefer moving away all together from consumerism again go back to what influencing means in context. How does what I do in my business mean to my audience, what would inspire them, what do they take away because without them you don’t have a platform or a sustainable business?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I just don't think Lindsey is suited for influencing. Not to take anything away from the hard work and training she had to go through to become a physiotherapist, but content creation requires a different set of skills that don't seem to come naturally to her. Her writing is terrible and unimaginative, and her style is copied from trends and other people. Most of her photos (including the ones from her partnership with Dior) are badly shot or cringey. At least Lizzy had ideas for Testing Basics, photography, and artsy/pretentious vlog editing. I'm not saying she's a genius by any means, but there's an impulse to be creative (and self-aware), and I don't see that in Lindsey. Like some of you, I wonder why she never tried to incorporate elements from her previous career into this one to set herself apart, because she's otherwise down-to-earth, approachable, and likable when not being desperate and try-hard. But again, it comes down to creative thinking.

Reactions: 15
I do agree there’s more to Lindsey then fake influencing and she would definitely set her business apart incorporating ballet, yoga, dance and physio possibly could even put out gym gear designs etc. There’s more business potential long term instead of rinse and, repeating from far wealthier influencers who do it as a hobby because they have nothing else to do. To me, Lindsey comes across as sensitive and a working class woman done good. There’s room for more improvement of course, but I value her approach, outlook more so.

I don't know London very well, but is a borough like Homerton very big? Because I'm hearing some generalizations about safety and niceness, and it makes me wonder if that can really be applied to the whole neighborhood.
I'm a born and bred east Londoner and tbh I don't think Homerton is all too scary at all. If you look at crime stats of most places in London they all paint a bleak picture. My major gripe with Lizzy and like is the gentrification they represent, and that is how I see Homerton / Hackney / Shoreditch etc (basically anywhere on the orange overground). Sure, there are rough pockets, but that is the same as any city where there were once poorer, deprived areas within which wealthy people arrived to take advantage of cheaper rent/house prices etc and slowly pushed original habitants out.

The only time I've ever been mugged in London was when I was in Maida Vale - an extremely affluent area in west London. Looking at the house Lizzy has just purchased, it has more than doubled in price since the last owners bought it almost ten years ago. She's made a wise decision, while I won't be able to afford to buy in the area I grew up in. Such is London life.

Reactions: 19
Ugh her whole “I’m not needing to buy a whole lot of new furniture guys” schtick is so cringey. Save it Liz. We know at the first email offering up free furniture, you’ll be selling all that “older” stuff.

The audacity to try to sell a couch that she herself called grim!

Reactions: 13
I haven’t been commenting much on here recently. Can’t really relate to the house situation, I’m in my early twenties and could not be further from buying property because I still struggle to make ends meet. Maybe fashion influencers should stick to showing clothes? Dunno, it’s not like I’m going to copy the whole vest-with-no-bra look anyway

I was not impressed with the dining table at all. I guess the sentimental nostalgia is REALLY strong. Like oxytocin in a mother who sees their newborn - it's distorting the facts. LOL. My sister's first child looked like ET. She was like thank God for the oxytocin (the love hormone secreted after pregnancy and when you are in lust love), because otherwise....She was only kidding. I also went to a party once and there was a baby there that looked like a square, the shape. I'm not joking. And I thought I was the only one that thought this but on the ride home with a car full of friends someone finally said, so what about that baby eh? And then another person (not me) said square baby? and I laugh about it to this day. Probably grew up to be gorgeous (or Sponge Bob?).
This made me wheeze 🤣 So true!

She does some stretching and exercise videos.

Does Lindsey only lives off her influencer income? Because she basically does nothing at all saved for a few ads here and there, so I'm confused

Well, I’m jealous of her Homerton coffee options.
46b Espresso Hut is some of the best coffee I’ve had in London and lovely food as well. Dark Arts is good too.

I often lament the lack of independent, good coffee options near me (a relatively poorer part of London - freeholds for under 700k sometimes 🤪) but that goes hand in hand with the gentrification issue, well articulated in the last few pages of this thread.

I agree Lizzy’s made a good choice, yes Homerton is a little harder to get to but that’s also the reason it’s flown slightly more under the radar compared to other parts of the borough. Even better when you don’t need to commute every day and can easily afford Ubers when you want them.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.