Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what blazer?
She posted her blazer testing basics. Toteme blazer is over £600. She mentioned that the last piece she bought from them, she wasn’t happy with the way it wore for the price so had kind of sworn them off. But still couldn’t resist including them in testing basics.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She posted her blazer testing basics. Toteme blazer is over £600. She mentioned that the last piece she bought from them, she wasn’t happy with the way it wore for the price so had kind of sworn them off. But still couldn’t resist including them in testing basics.
Lol. If Lizzy stop wearing Toteme then Anna would need to find something new to shop lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That other Toteme blazer was ALSO cream-colored with no lapels (but at least it was linen).

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Are we surprised the Arket blazer was her number one pick, considering her constant sponsorship by them?

I remember her previous blogs about trying to buy more ethical brands and stop over consuming. Here she buys two fast fashion brand blazers and three overpriced synthetic fabric blazers. The internet remembers mate.

Reactions: 13
The internet remembers, but influencers don't care. I don't even think she wants to do Testing Basics anymore, but her followers keep asking for it. She looks so bored at the beginning of that video, like "Christ, here we go again". She should just stop doing them, not only to curb her own consumption but also because I don't know who they're helping anymore. Are there people really debating between a £600 and a £40 blazer? How are you even supposed to properly assess a garment after only a week of wearing it once or twice? We know this because she has done other videos checking in on whether or not her assessments held up over time, and the truth is that they don't always.

Reactions: 15
JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL.

£610 for a blazer made of VISCOSE and with no accoutrements like buttons. Holy hell.

I think I paid less (albeit on sale) for my 100% wool Stella McCartney one.
I’ve looked at quite a few Toteme products (on sites like The Real Real because I’m poor lol) and they use so much viscose and polyester it’s shocking given the price tag!

• Heart
that tattoo placement is chavvy and terrible but do you i guess

• Haha
I think I made a similar comment when she first mentioned doing this testing basics but why not try one of the many sustainable brands on NAP? Or the many iconic brands that do blazers also on NAP (like McCartney as someone suggested). She's so dull & predictable with her brand choices.

Last edited:
I think I made a similar comment when she first mentioned doing this testing basics but why not try one of the many sustainable brands on NAP? Or the many iconic brands that do blazers also on NAP (like McCartney as someone suggested). She's so dull & predictable with her brand choices.
A youtuber called Chloe Kian has a series called Testing Ethical Basics, I think she basically nicked the concept from Lizzie lol. But I find her channel more interesting anyway

Reactions: 3
A youtuber called Chloe Kian has a series called Testing Ethical Basics, I think she basically nicked the concept from Lizzie lol. But I find her channel more interesting anyway
Will check out her channel later, thanks for recommending! Rather than "Testing Basics" (what an awful lot of money to spend on "stuff" in one go), I remember people in the comments requesting "collection" type videos, bag collection, jewellery collection etc. I feel that would be more worthwhile, as A it isn't an excuse to buy more things for a video, and B it would hopefully produce some valuable feedback on a brand, style, materials etc. On another note, why would you place your bed in front of that curtained wadrobe and not on the blank wall facing opposite, it just looks messy having all these things poking out. Maybe clear out videos could also be something to explore, how to donate, recycle clothes responsibly etc....

Reactions: 8
I found the video she did recapping the old testing basics really good. I appreciated her talking about what long-term was worth it. If she did the same thing with her collections as you suggested @blueblueindigo it would be really interesting.

Reactions: 2
Will check out her channel later, thanks for recommending! Rather than "Testing Basics" (what an awful lot of money to spend on "stuff" in one go), I remember people in the comments requesting "collection" type videos, bag collection, jewellery collection etc. I feel that would be more worthwhile, as A it isn't an excuse to buy more things for a video, and B it would hopefully produce some valuable feedback on a brand, style, materials etc. On another note, why would you place your bed in front of that curtained wadrobe and not on the blank wall facing opposite, it just looks messy having all these things poking out. Maybe clear out videos could also be something to explore, how to donate, recycle clothes responsibly etc....
GIRL. I have been questioning that bed position since the day she moved in. It makes me irrationally angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The way she styled some of those blazers was atrocious. I'm going to need those sisters that she's copying to switch up their style so she can switch up her style with them. I'm tired!

• Haha
I’ve looked at quite a few Toteme products (on sites like The Real Real because I’m poor lol) and they use so much viscose and polyester it’s shocking given the price tag!
They do! I looked at the Toteme trousers that the anna edit recommended (I had no interest in buying them, I was just curious) they were £400 - £200 in the sale - and 100% polyester... I wouldn't buy cheap trousers that were 100% polyester! Let alone £400 trousers. it's kind of mind blowing to me.

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL.

£610 for a blazer made of VISCOSE and with no accoutrements like buttons. Holy hell.

I think I paid less (albeit on sale) for my 100% wool Stella McCartney one.
It looked like something my grandma would've worn.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 4.25.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 4.26.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 4.31.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 4.27.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 4.29.28 PM.png

What even are these outfits. Someone needs to take away all of Lizzy's sloppy white crew neck tees and awful knits with collars. The most unforgivable one is the third outfit. She looks like she works on a cruise ship for retired people. It's alarmingly clear that she doesn't know a thing about creating style, even with a closet crammed with expensive clothes.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Looks like the "wearing my boring af brother's clothes for a week"-challenge. Who the f told her those ugly ass adidas look good? They match no bleeping outfit and were worn by sixth grade boys in soccer kits on the school yard :cautious:

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.