Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I doubt they know so much about wine to begin with. They have so much free time on their hand, they could have done a WSET course. Some of my friends had done it as a side hobby.

Oh, they are definitely the one that buy the cutest packaging and the most expensive ones.

Yikes, here is me in my underwear and is just me stretching, there is nothing underneath
“Here, let me just set up my camera. Oop gotta get the best light...little to the right. Okay, timer set. Now. Act natural. Hmm, let me try with my face looking away, all demure like. Okay and bend slightly, but into the light so that it looks artsy...”

“...duck. All that time posing like I’m making the bed, and I didn’t even make the bed.”

• Haha
Reactions: 7
“Here, let me just set up my camera. Oop gotta get the best light...little to the right. Okay, timer set. Now. Act natural. Hmm, let me try with my face looking away, all demure like. Okay and bend slightly, but into the light so that it looks artsy...”

“...duck. All that time posing like I’m making the bed, and I didn’t even make the bed.”
I’m 36 and I find them extremely cringey.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I doubt they know so much about wine to begin with. They have so much free time on their hand, they could have done a WSET course. Some of my friends had done it as a side hobby.

Oh, they are definitely the one that buy the cutest packaging and the most expensive ones.

Yikes, here is me in my underwear and is just me stretching, there is nothing underneath
Are Lindsey and Lizzy even friends? Because a true friend would try to stop you before you embarrass yourself on the internet. It really does feel sometimes like Lindsey is regressing, enabled by her young bestie. It's somewhat understandable to post thirsty photos online when you're single and dumb and in your 20s, but it's sad to behave like that when you're in your 30s and in a committed relationship (although if the rumors of a breakup are true, we'll probably be treated to way more of this in the near future). Also, if I had a friend who was set on doing it anyway, I'd at least tell her her photos are crooked and she really needs to work on her angles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Are Lindsey and Lizzy even friends? Because a true friend would try to stop you before you embarrass yourself on the internet. .
I mean Lizzy posts thirst traps too, the chances they genuinely think they're cool&hot are pretty high, lol

Reactions: 7
Are Lindsey and Lizzy even friends? Because a true friend would try to stop you before you embarrass yourself on the internet. It really does feel sometimes like Lindsey is regressing, enabled by her young bestie. It's somewhat understandable to post thirsty photos online when you're single and dumb and in your 20s, but it's sad to behave like that when you're in your 30s and in a committed relationship (although if the rumors of a breakup are true, we'll probably be treated to way more of this in the near future). Also, if I had a friend who was set on doing it anyway, I'd at least tell her her photos are crooked and she really needs to work on her angles.
I will probably get @ , when it comes to marrying/ settling down, they want someone like TheAnnaEdit - conservative, cook and clean.
Her current image is more so for fling/ fun/ one night stand. James probably see her as such?
(I had this conversation with one of my male friends in the past)

Reactions: 2
Here's the struggle I have with these two. Logically I know that women should be allowed to show their bodies without shame. I certainly don't think Lindsey needs to cover herself up just because she has a boyfriend. And if you love your body, all the more power to you. So a part of me feels like I'm slut-shaming these two when they post half-naked selfies, and that is a problem. But then the other part sees it as perpetuating the culture of thinness and whiteness (disguised as "body confidence" and "wellness") and wants to take them to task for that. It's easy to say "Love your body!" when your body already falls into what society deems acceptable and desirable. Plus, I dunno, there's just something about the way these two do it that is off-putting, like watching a bad amateur music video. I don't know if this jumble of thoughts makes any sense. I just felt I had to work out what annoys me so much about them.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Here's the struggle I have with these two. Logically I know that women should be allowed to show their bodies without shame. I certainly don't think Lindsey needs to cover herself up just because she has a boyfriend. And if you love your body, all the more power to you. So a part of me feels like I'm slut-shaming these two when they post half-naked selfies, and that is a problem. But then the other part sees it as perpetuating the culture of thinness and whiteness (disguised as "body confidence" and "wellness") and wants to take them to task for that. It's easy to say "Love your body!" when your body already falls into what society deems acceptable and desirable. Plus, I dunno, there's just something about the way these two do it that is off-putting, like watching a bad amateur music video. I don't know if this jumble of thoughts makes any sense. I just felt I had to work out what annoys me so much about them.
Ding ding ding, that's exactly my issue too. I'm all for posting whatever you want but there's something about them that's grinding my gears. Especially Lizzie crosses the line to thinspo SO OFTEN which takes me back to my ED days 😬 I don't have a problem with their bodies but the way they present themselves is so cringy in my opinion. Like we get it, you have nipples, Lindsey.

Reactions: 14
I feel like they are the walking definition of appealing to the male gaze 🤷🏼‍♀️ hence I don't consider it an empowering statement but rather just attention seeking?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I feel like they are the walking definition of appealing to the male gaze 🤷🏼‍♀️ hence I don't consider it an empowering statement but rather just attention seeking?
Yes! You hit the nail on the head. They are totally seeking validation and approval from others while contributing nothing to the dialog about "body positivity" (I hate that term, but don't know what else to call it). Lizzy is interesting in that while she flaunts her shrinking body more, style-wise she's gradually become more androgynous (to use the generous term) and conservative.

Reactions: 9
Logically I know that women should be allowed to show their bodies without shame.
Here is the thing: women should be allowed to post half-naked pictures of themselves, that’s true. But it does not mean it’s always a good or a sensible idea. There is a fine line between making a statement about female empowerment and posting thirst traps.

• Heart
Here is the thing: women should be allowed to post half-naked pictures of themselves, that’s true. But it does not mean it’s always a good or a sensible idea. There is a fine line between making a statement about female empowerment and posting thirst traps.
All I see was thirst traps, I don't see any female empowerment from them both or any of the influencers

Reactions: 8
All I see was thirst traps, I don't see any female empowerment from them both or any of the influencers
wdym, bunching one's t-shirt up to show abs or/and side boob doesn't count????

but yeah, they're doing that bc they fall into the commercial beauty standards category, allegedly Lizzy had problems to show here stomach before the weight gain, sooo, they are just supporting the opinions that skinny=beautiful

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the issue is they're so obviously attention seeking and it's quite tiresome now.

It's easy to say "Love your body!" when your body already falls into what society deems acceptable and desirable. Plus, I dunno, there's just something about the way these two do it that is off-putting, like watching a bad amateur music video. I don't know if this jumble of thoughts makes any sense. I just felt I had to work out what annoys me so much about them.
Great comment! I think that's exactly it.

I've been thinking about why I find these two so irritating but Emma Hoareau less so recently. It might be because I watched her vlogs and she seems like a calm, slightly shy but quietly confidant person which makes her more likeable on YouTube. But equally, although her photos are definitely sexy they (IMO) come across as more artsy instead of an outright thirst trap.

Is it because of the following?

- someone is taking her photo
- she has her face in the image so it's not completely focussed on the body trying desperately to be strettchhedd, limber and lithe
- she celebrates being a bit more curvy instead of being thinspiration
- there's no attempt to try to be subtle about the "hint" of nipple, which is actually not subtle at all? if that makes sense lol

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 21.13.51.png
Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 21.15.26.png
Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 21.19.45.png

Reactions: 4
JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL.

£610 for a blazer made of VISCOSE and with no accoutrements like buttons. Holy hell.

I think I paid less (albeit on sale) for my 100% wool Stella McCartney one.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.