Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like those outfits, well, some of them, the third one is too much even for me, lol. But what annoys me the most is that as someone who's established themselves as a fashion influencer, Lizzy isn't delivering. I'm not demanding her to change her style into, idk, ultra feminine D&G-esque one, BUT there is no excitement, no playfulness, no surprise, no will to explore and get from her comfort zone, she has no fav pieces you would see again and again but styled differently, duck, I'm not even sure this is her style as it's all handed to her.

This would be alright for someone more life style orientated or at the beginning of influencers -- you know, seeing inspiration from a different source than vogue editorials. But if fashion occupies 95% of your content, if you receive shitloads of expensive garments on daily basis and the results are predictable from the colour pallete to the way of styling the items, then you're doing a crappy job. Who is inspired by that? If I browse through pinterest, I get inspired. If I watch Lizzy's video, I get bored or irritated.

Reactions: 14
It’s so bizarre that at a time when virtually everyone is starting to embrace colour and print, Lizzy is getting more drab. I still find some of her outfits to be really nice but they’re often extortionately expensive without selling me the luxury illusion. By luxury illusion I mean when I look at Camille Charriere for example, I’m like “yes!! She looks a million bucks so if I buy that top I will too!!!” But when I look at Lizzy, I’m like “imagine buying a top that cost £400 just for it to be baggy and ill fitting 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I started following Lizzy and BB for style inspiration pre-pandemic, as I found that I had a lot of colourful statement pieces, but I really didn't understand how to dress for just the everyday. I culled so much of my wardrobe, focused on “quality basics”, but I feel so bored looking at my clothes now! I thought I would look more put together, maybe I do, but I also feel like I have aged 10 years with this bloody style.

So over this trend of expensive bland bland bland. Lizzy really used to shine so much brighter, but now she looks like a grandad omg. I clearly need new recommendations for decent style influencers! 😒

in her testing basics lizzy says she already has two black blazers from arket so... why did she buy another one for the testing basics video??? surely she's worn those blazers enough to have an opinion on their durability?

Reactions: 12
in her testing basics lizzy says she already has two black blazers from arket so... why did she buy another one for the testing basics video??? surely she's worn those blazers enough to have an opinion on their durability?
Those aren’t still in stock to afflink maybe?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
She said the green one was sent to her - #gifted is sadly always the answer to this question.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
In stark contrast Hannahlouisef is trolling again, Lizzy looks like their mother.

The testing basics was obviously filmed because Lizzy wanted the Toteme blazer, the Arket dupe of it is all over IG and of course Lizzy has to have the expensive version.
The green Arket blazer she actually featured will have zero longevity in her wardrobe, as will the Massimo Dutti blazer but they were both kindly gifted so does Lizzy even care? Testing basics has just turned into an affiliate link, cash grab.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Honesly testing basics has always struck me as incredibly wasteful. Why buy so many clothes only to wear them a week and then probably never again? I don't have a solution as to how the concept could work but maybe working with women's shelters for donations might be a good thing.

LMAO, my dad will disowned me if I wear this.
I can imagine how the conversation goes...
"This is what I wore when I didn't have any money growing up...I had to wear your grandpa's coat to go for an interview/date, which is obviously 2 size bigger and my friends were laughing at me"
"Did you steal it"
1621007816665.png

Reactions: 5
LMAO, my dad will disowned me if I wear this.
I can imagine how the conversation goes...
"This is what I wore when I didn't have any money growing up...I had to wear your grandpa's coat to go for an interview/date, which is obviously 2 size bigger and my friends were laughing at me"
"Did you steal it"
View attachment 573950
loool do we share parents? "That's too big for you!" "Mom, that's oversized, it's trendy now!""....is this you dad's? Let me see the tag."

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I feel like we need to start an Accountability Watch™ for all the clothes Lizzy features and never wears again.

Like this bonkers sweater here (posted Jan 10, never seen again):

Ugly gifted Coach bag (posted Mar 28, never seen again):

I predict we will see the Arket green blazer styled badly one or two more times, then it will be relegated to the back of the closet.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Honesly testing basics has always struck me as incredibly wasteful. Why buy so many clothes only to wear them a week and then probably never again? I don't have a solution as to how the concept could work but maybe working with women's shelters for donations might be a good thing.
In my mind, I already know where to go to get quality basics because I do the research myself and know what I want/need. And if they’re quality and I take care of them well, I’m not replacing them every year. I’m with you though, the idea seems good but the execution is just kind of like “what’s the point?” She’s using the series as an excuse to buy more stuff she doesn’t need/accept free stuff from brands she works with regularly, but because it’s “her job” and she’s supposedly providing a service, it’s necessary 🤷🏻‍♀️ We also know she’s bad at describing things and giving in-depth, unbiased reviews because she has no idea what she’s talking about.

ETA: she also only shops at straight-sized stores, so also useless to me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.