Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't intend to listen to it either (I'd like to hang on to my few remaining brain cells, thanks), but I will make a guess as to what these groundbreaking wfh coping strategies might be:

1) Get dressed everyday. This can feel SO hard, guys, I know, but those gifted jumpers won't wear themselves.
2) Get outside. Nature is essential for mental well-being. I find that a 2-hour walk each afternoon helps break up the work day.
3) Exercise! Follow the link in bio for a 10% off code for a pilates subscription. #ad
4) Have at least one thing to look forward to each day. This could be a daily trip to your favorite third-wave coffee shop (which, if you're not also posting it religiously to your social media, why are you even listening to this podcast), staggering your gifted parcels so you have one delivered each day of the week, buying something (anything!), or all of the above.
5) Meditate. I can't emphasize this enough. Set aside at least half an hour of your day for this, even if you have to squeeze it somewhere between your third-wave coffee run, post-coffee coffee break, leisurely 1.5 hr lunch, post-lunch pre-walk break, 2-hour afternoon walk, or post-walk late-afternoon break.
6) Cry. Life is hard and it's okay to feel sad about *gestures at the world* all that's going on. I usually allow an hour in the evening after dinner for some intense navel-gazing and self-pity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I would love to see Lizzy shoot more on film and see less of Halpin inspired posts on Instagram. She’s quite consistent in shooting film compared to other bloggers, but maybe she should broaden her horizons? - the pictures she took of Simon are really good. Also, she does seem to hang out with experienced photographers, so why not make the most of it and try to soak up some of their knowledge? I would.

Reactions: 6
I don't intend to listen to it either (I'd like to hang on to my few remaining brain cells, thanks), but I will make a guess as to what these groundbreaking wfh coping strategies might be:

1) Get dressed everyday. This can feel SO hard, guys, I know, but those gifted jumpers won't wear themselves.
she wouldn't find it difficult if she uses the habit app Anna recommended, I mean it obviously helped Anna lol

• Haha

2) Get outside. Nature is essential for mental well-being. I find that a 2-hour walk each afternoon helps break up the work day.
3) Exercise! Follow the link in bio for a 10% off code for a pilates subscription. #ad
4) Have at least one thing to look forward to each day. This could be a daily trip to your favorite third-wave coffee shop (which, if you're not also posting it religiously to your social media, why are you even listening to this podcast), staggering your gifted parcels so you have one delivered each day of the week, buying something (anything!), or all of the above.
5) Meditate. I can't emphasize this enough. Set aside at least half an hour of your day for this, even if you have to squeeze it somewhere between your third-wave coffee run, post-coffee coffee break, leisurely 1.5 hr lunch, post-lunch pre-walk break, 2-hour afternoon walk, or post-walk late-afternoon break.
6) Cry. Life is hard and it's okay to feel sad about *gestures at the world* all that's going on. I usually allow an hour in the evening after dinner for some intense navel-gazing and self-pity.

Spot on! This is brilliant!
Also can't believe she's had random friends mixing in her house on a frequent basis. So what the hell is she bleeting about ? Why all the constant tears.
Goodness if I was in her position I would be lapping up the time to do what the feck I want. Not have to worry about work, my families health, worry of finances, maybe having to move flats, on a constant rota.

Imagine just waking up and having tonnes of free luxury gifted items sent to you on a daily basis. Oh I'm just going to have a bath or read or cook or lie about ,play with my cat and now apparent, have my friends around for a coffee run. She really doesn't realise how good she has got it.

Yes, I'm not denying that everyone has their anxieties but she needs to wake up a little and smell the coffee.

I think she gets gifted items so much so, that she's so that she's become so accustomed to it. Lost it's appeal on her. Does she ever buy anything herself.

God if I even get gifted a coffee I would be licking your arms off!

Her YT channel is meant to be her job and she is so half @rsed about it. Imagine if I were to rock up for a work meeting and say sorry I can't be bothered so can't deliver.

I hate sometimes how we get so invested in these influencers - urgh

Reactions: 13
Her YT channel is meant to be her job and she is so half @rsed about it. Imagine if I were to rock up for a work meeting and say sorry I can't be bothered so can't deliver. I hate sometimes how we get so invested in these influencers - urgh
Yeah, her vlogs haven't been exciting for a while now, but on the other hand, what are we exactly expecting her to film during lockdown? I feel like since she moved to East London and became inspired by the Halpin's her content became a little bland. The Halpin's are just soooo 💤💤💤 and Lizzy is capable of creating more exciting content whilst still keeping it simple... she needs to spice it up a little. Or is it just me that sees it? I'm just a little tired of the underexposed images (don't get me started on Brittany Bathgate lol) and the 'new' blog format. I prefered the unperfects scans, collages and handwritten notes. Now it all just blends in together.

Reactions: 8

In my defence I like to listen to things that don’t require concentration when exercising but you got this spot on!
- Lindsey likes to work in a separate office/room wearing lounge wear.
- Lizzy likes to work in her front room wearing normal clothes.
- Lindsey recommends working separately from your partner.
- They both recommend stationary, candles and flowers as home office essentials.
- And of course they both recommend exercising, going for walks and coffee runs.

Other things they mention; Lindsey answers questions about sex, they both blame Covid for putting their lives on hold, they both want to travel as soon as possible and talk about their (not so) impressive solo trips.
It was recorded on February 2nd and they must have been in their own homes as you can hear Lindsey’s dog barking. They’re still giving the impression they’re living lonely existences and not seeing each other or anyone else.

And my personal highlight, Lizzy thinks she had Covid whilst she was in Japan because (in her own words) she had to take a lot of cough sweets. Oh Lizzy. 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And my personal highlight, Lizzy thinks she had Covid whilst she was in Japan because (in her own words) she had to take a lot of cough sweets. Oh Lizzy. 🤦‍♀️
The first case in China happened on the 1/12; the first case in Japan was confirmed on 16/1, she vlog about her Japan trip on mid Dec...

Can someone tell if a university degree can be bought in the UK please, my family has money? LOL Rich Girls' Guide to Life

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Other things they mention; Lindsey answers questions about sex, they both blame Covid for putting their lives on hold, they both want to travel as soon as possible and talk about their (not so) impressive solo trips.
Ah, so they can't wait for this staycation to be over so they can take a "real" vacation... Tough life.

Their recommendations are so insipid (and perfectly in line with our expectations). I can think of a bunch of things off the top of my head that these two could do to create structure and fill the void of idle time: learn a language, journal, make art, volunteer, create a lookbook, photograph something that isn't yourself or the inside of your house, pick up a musical instrument, learn how to sew a mask, walk to a different area of town.... If you have even an ounce of creativity and the luxury of writing off anything you do as "work", it really doesn't take much.

I’m shocked that Lizzy has a similar number of followers to Lucy Williams. I always think of Lucy as being a much bigger influencer.

re, her reading habits, I think it’s great she’s reading more and sharing what she’s enjoying. And think it’s fine she’s reading what’s popular, I do the same as I want to be a part of the conversation. what irks me though is how she never mentioned a book for years and the next day shes a massive bookworm and apparently always has been. Just wish she would acknowledge that it’s a new or reignited interest for her instead of rebranding over night.Feels dishonest.

Reactions: 10
In her old Manchester vlogs, she actually did read quite a lot of books, but they were mostly bestsellers and things you'd find at an airport bookshop. Now that books are "trending" right now among influencers (ugh), it's more in your face. At least she's not hiding what she's currently reading based on how people might judge her. That would be even more disingenuous/pretentious (and more of a BB move, if you ask me).

In my defence I like to listen to things that don’t require concentration when exercising but you got this spot on!
- Lindsey likes to work in a separate office/room wearing lounge wear.
- Lizzy likes to work in her front room wearing normal clothes.
- Lindsey recommends working separately from your partner.
- They both recommend stationary, candles and flowers as home office essentials.
- And of course they both recommend exercising, going for walks and coffee runs.

It was recorded on February 2nd and they must have been in their own homes as you can hear Lindsey’s dog barking. They’re still giving the impression they’re living lonely existences and not seeing each other or anyone else.

They can’t wait until they can travel again, not to take a vacation they’ve paid for, but for free/gifted travel. bleeping grifters.

They can’t wait until they can travel again, not to take a vacation they’ve paid for, but for free/gifted travel. bleeping grifters.
☝THIS. They want more press trips and gifted stays that are holidays disguised as work. I've been on a lot of work trips, and while there were nice meals here and there, I can assure you there were no lavish afternoon teas, free clothes and gifts, resort stays, or rooftop drinks with all my friends. I certainly didn't come home feeling refreshed and thinking: "Man, I really needed that 2 night trip to St. Louis." If you did, then newsflash: girl, you just went on vacation!

The greatest fallacy of influencer culture is that billable work = lifting your finger. Literally. Earning thousands of dollars by tagging a brand on an Instagram post about the amazing dinner party you attended with the most amazing people counts as a busy night. A packed day is taking a selfie on your way to a free haircut and picking up a parcel. Does anyone actually believe these people when they complain about how busy they are?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
LOL Lindsey... Oh Lindsey. Cringey 100%

View attachment 443817
I actually don’t mind Lindsey and I think her figure is quite attractive, but this picture is super cringey for some reason. 🤷🏻‍♀️

And am I the only one who is slightly annoyed by the amount of cat pictures/stories Lizzy has been posting since she got a kitten? He is undoubtedly very cute, but I’d imagine people are following her for outfit ideas and beauty posts, not for cat pictures. She is a fashion blogger, after all! I know she has the right to post whatever she wants, but still...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I actually don’t mind Lindsey and I think her figure is quite attractive, but this picture is super cringey for some reason. 🤷🏻‍♀️

And am I the only one who is slightly annoyed by the amount of cat pictures/stories Lizzy has been posting since she got a kitten? He is undoubtedly very cute, but I’d imagine people are following her for outfit ideas and beauty posts, not for cat pictures. She is a fashion blogger, after all! I know she has the right to post whatever she wants, but still...

hahah same! I'd tune into cat cam if I wanted to just watch cats. A few shots fine but the whole video seems to be consumed by the kitten. Ok we get it you love week, you've just bought a kitten - Next

The photo is so cringe! Argh! What was going on in her head? Did she take it on a self timer, and purposefully put her hand there so the nipple showed in the photo? I think she and Lizzy check with each other before posting too, so isn't it doubly worse that Lizzy probably said "that's hot. Post that"

Lizzy is in a big slump right now, creatively, so I'm not surprised that she's using the cat content (and her boobs) as a crutch. Personally, I don't mind (the cats, not the boobs!), because I adore cats and it's harmless fun, but her outfits and vlogs have gotten worse.

I know I'm nitpicking but I hate that she spells her cat's name, Luigi, Weeji or something like that. It's already weird in my opinion that she called her pet after her uncle, use the correct spelling at least!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.