Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fair enough about the comments of her trying too hard to come across as intellectual. But saying you're probably not into reading because you haven't read 1984 or Catcher in the Rye is kinda funny..

She seemed a lot happier in two of the recent vlogs, then super down again in the latest one. It seems common that influencers go through this and I honestly think some of it is working alone and not having a busy schedule. I'm not minimising mental health problems at all and of course sometimes they may be genuinely affected, especially as we are in a pandemic and everyone is feeling a bit meh. But I wonder if her having a busier job where she has more to do and more responsibilities would help her. I know my mental health would take a hit if I had her job and was just at home all the time with not much to do. Having to get up and go into work with lots to do and be accountable is much better for me mentally so I wonder if being an influencer contributes/makes mental health problems tougher? I hope this makes sense! I'm not saying having a job/being busy is a cure for anxiety and depression but when I was unemployed a while ago I felt similar to how Lizzy seems.

Reactions: 2
I don't follow Lizzy's other instagram account, but I was looking at it the other day and I noticed she has a photo of Simon in her bedroom, he's got it on his own instagram as well. So we know he's been in her house since lockdown, now he could be her bubble but then again seems like half of London are in Lizzy's bubble.

Reactions: 4
I think I’ve missed something! Who is Simon? 👀

On being a ‘reader’ - I think I would be classified as one but haven’t read Catcher because I know it’s just not my thing. I haven’t read 1984 either, and while I would like to one day there are just so many other books I want to read more😆 I side eye some of Lizzie’s choices because they all seem very ‘intellectual’. Likes she’s stood in Daunt books, Waterstones or Foyles and trying to only choose book prize winners/shortlisted books.She also doesn’t read anything I haven’t already seen and or heard a lot about. I hope she does genuinely like what she reads, and doesn’t just choose them because she thinks she should read them.

Fair enough about the comments of her trying too hard to come across as intellectual. But saying you're probably not into reading because you haven't read 1984 or Catcher in the Rye is kinda funny..

She seemed a lot happier in two of the recent vlogs, then super down again in the latest one. It seems common that influencers go through this and I honestly think some of it is working alone and not having a busy schedule. I'm not minimising mental health problems at all and of course sometimes they may be genuinely affected, especially as we are in a pandemic and everyone is feeling a bit meh. But I wonder if her having a busier job where she has more to do and more responsibilities would help her. I know my mental health would take a hit if I had her job and was just at home all the time with not much to do. Having to get up and go into work with lots to do and be accountable is much better for me mentally so I wonder if being an influencer contributes/makes mental health problems tougher? I hope this makes sense! I'm not saying having a job/being busy is a cure for anxiety and depression but when I was unemployed a while ago I felt similar to how Lizzy seems.
I think this is all pretty accurate. Lizzy strikes me as one of those girls who never really had to work hard or be particularly motivated to get what she wants, which I think is very obvious in her writing and photography. She doesn’t see the need to “hone” her craft or seek out opportunities that will make her better because she’s already getting the ads, free stuff and the brand work. I think that’s why a lot of us are so disillusioned by influencers now - they’ve been coasting for years, not necessarily refining their work (just maybe getting paid more because they’ve grown their engagement/subscribers), so now when we’re in this pandemic all we see are privileged whiners who are maintaining their gifted lifestyles because they’ve been thrown a wrench and aren’t adapting well. I definitely see this pattern in Estee too.

Reactions: 3
She doesn’t see the need to “hone” her craft or seek out opportunities that will make her better because she’s already getting the ads, free stuff and the brand work.
For sure. It feels like the instagram algorithm really works in her favour too as a very thin, tall blondish woman. I don't follow her, however she is all over my discovery feed and featured in those outfit inspo pages, which is the only reason I would believe she can might organically have a big following - the algorithm just keeps pushing her forward.

I do find it crazy to think she would have bought followers, although I guess a lot of influencers are.

I can imagine that click through rates will be very low for Lizzy will be much lower than with other influencers, because the brands she advertises are so out of reach for many, with &other stories on the low end of her brands. People advertising more mainstream brands will perhaps have more engagement?

Reactions: 5
Now that is embarrassing, it’s the type of thing that circulates within the industry too.

I think because Lizzy’s never had a ‘proper’ job or worked full-time, her only job was a part time sales assistant for 4 or 6 months, she just doesn’t know what it feels like to really work for something. And because Lizzy is emulating other people her interests don’t come naturally to her, I think she is forcing herself to read certain books because of the people she’s copying and image she’s trying to portray. She can’t talk about art and with photography she relies on being able to afford expensive cameras but the images, basic flat lays, she produced for the book subscription were terrible.

I’ve always found Lizzy a bit disingenuous. Personally I think using family money to live a lifestyle, renting apartments or buying clothes, furniture, etc, you otherwise couldn’t afford is essentially buying followers but I’ve always thought the first year she lived in London her followers shot up a bit too rapidly.
I have a large following on my work IG account and a bot company gifted me 2.5K followers without my permission, these weren’t the regular bots with unreadable names but fake bot accounts with a western first name and surname, if I scrolled through my followers I couldn’t tell them apart. When I looked on the companies website you can buy 50k followers of these bots for $5k which is a lot money but then Lizzy does have money. And they wouldn’t instantly appear you can have them added daily by whatever increment you wished for, e.g. 725 everyday until the 50K was met. So if Lizzy wanted to go down the bot route she definitely could have done it the convincing way.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve always assumed agencies like Next and Storm added influencers to their talent lists as models they traditionally represented started to do IG ads, they knew social media marketing and the cross over was there.

I think because Lizzy’s never had a ‘proper’ job or worked full-time, her only job was a part time sales assistant for 4 or 6 months, she just doesn’t know what it feels like to really work for something. And because Lizzy is emulating other people her interests don’t come naturally to her, I think she is forcing herself to read certain books because of the people she’s copying and image she’s trying to portray. She can’t talk about art and with photography she relies on being able to afford expensive cameras but the images, basic flat lays, she produced for the book subscription were terrible.
This is so true, and I think if you asked her to speak intelligently and with a strong point of view about any of her "hobbies" (wine, photography, literature-- hell, even fashion), she would have a really difficult time. Her opinions simply reflect the current trend or what her friends think, and can be encapsulated by "This is really good" or "That is really, really good!".

I remembered that she once wrote a blog post about the cameras and film she used (almost 3 years ago, yikes!): https://elizabeth-hadfield.squaresp...erything-i-have-learnt-about-film-photography. Ignoring all the typos and overuse of the word "amazing" ( It's a really basic and reliable point and shoot that does an amazing job. It has a flash built in which is amazing because shooting film with flash gets some amazing results. :rolleyes:) it's really telling how, rather than getting into the lenses or technology or reasons why she likes one image over another, she mainly talks about how much she paid and if the camera was heavy or could stay in focus. It shows laziness and a lack of depth, the worst example of letting the image do the talking because the author has no idea what she's saying.

• Heart
I can imagine that click through rates will be very low for Lizzy will be much lower than with other influencers, because the brands she advertises are so out of reach for many, with &other stories on the low end of her brands. People advertising more mainstream brands will perhaps have more engagement?
Yep, but recently she's had brands like Penfolds wine, BMW, Uniqlo and Tag. Hardly aspirational, let's be realistic. Someone has twigged that her engagement isn't all that, or maybe the agency dropping her has affected the calibre of brands wanting to work with her.

I would say securing a premium watch and auto brand would be quite a big deal though right?! Especially for just a fashion blogger.

I don't even understand why George Northwood, who I think is super cool, would want her on his imagery, but he clearly sees the affinity with an affluent audience. I don't like Lizzy, but I won't deny she's running ads with big names.

Yep, but recently she's had brands like Penfolds wine, BMW, Uniqlo and Tag. Hardly aspirational, let's be realistic. Someone has twigged that her engagement isn't all that, or maybe the agency dropping her has affected the calibre of brands wanting to work with her.
Maybe if she had worked with other brands, it would have been more successful. Who buys a BMW after seeing an influencer drive it for two weeks?

She also isn’t specifically a luxury influencer. And people like Brittany Bathgate (yes, mentioning her again), has a more niche and defined style profile. She wears expensive stuff, but I imagine she has more of a targeted audience.

I would say securing a premium watch and auto brand would be quite a big deal though right?! Especially for just a fashion blogger.

I don't even understand why George Northwood, who I think is super cool, would want her on his imagery, but he clearly sees the affinity with an affluent audience. I don't like Lizzy, but I won't deny she's running ads with big names.
She is, but maybe it’s too far out of reach for her audience.

This could have been one of the last jobs the agency got her before letting her go. I think they probably just cut the fat and let a bunch of influencers go because of the pandemic affecting all kinds of media. Just your run of the mill layoff victim. If she wasn’t delivering on her KPIs before the pandemic, she surely wouldn’t have met them during.

This could have been one of the last jobs the agency got her before letting her go. I think they probably just cut the fat and let a bunch of influencers go because of the pandemic affecting all kinds of media. Just your run of the mill layoff victim. If she wasn’t delivering on her KPIs before the pandemic, she surely wouldn’t have met them during.
I would say so, seeing as there's at least one other name from next involved in the campaign. Probably shot ages ago. I can't imagine the CTR from the campaigns with BMW and Tag will have got much engagement really but then, she seems very lazy about some things - the promo for the box with the book company was next to nothing - and that was completely her own product. It's a bit like she's just bored in a way - or maybe has too much of her own family money to bother making any real effort.

I would say so, seeing as there's at least one other name from next involved in the campaign. Probably shot ages ago. I can't imagine the CTR from the campaigns with BMW and Tag will have got much engagement really but then, she seems very lazy about some things - the promo for the box with the book company was next to nothing - and that was completely her own product. It's a bit like she's just bored in a way - or maybe has too much of her own family money to bother making any real effort.
Maybe this is just my naïveté around the influencer industry, but why would you think partnering with Tag Heuer and BMW would create a ton of sell-through? I want to see numbers. I get the brand recognition is big and I’m sure they paid very, very well, but like an earlier poster said, I’m definitely not buying a car based off an influencer’s recommendation after using it for 2 weeks...especially an influencer who doesn’t have their own car or doesn’t drive on a regular basis. It’s not a t-shirt.

A lot of influencers i follow struggle with mental health and anxiety and seem to have done for most of their life. I find it interesting that they end up in jobs that seem to only exacerbate these issues. Lack of routine, fluctuating income, numbers driven, public face on the internet are all factors I imagine would drive anxiety skywards. And with the pandemic, there are no fancy PR trips to keep one busy and accountable.

Reactions: 12
Unless the influencer has a channel where they actually discuss cars or they are very heavily into cars and have a lot of knowledge I would never make such an important (and expensive) purchase based on a fashion influencer who uses the car like twice a month for short distance journeys - as opposed to these rich people, the majority of us don't just buy cars for the aesthetic but to serve a purpose - also most of us would buy a car out of necessity and using it everyday (considering how much work and insurance and everything for the car costs - if I don't intend to use it at least a few times a week, I am not buying one).

Reactions: 8
This is so true, and I think if you asked her to speak intelligently and with a strong point of view about any of her "hobbies" (wine, photography, literature-- hell, even fashion), she would have a really difficult time. Her opinions simply reflect the current trend or what her friends think, and can be encapsulated by "This is really good" or "That is really, really good!".

I remembered that she once wrote a blog post about the cameras and film she used (almost 3 years ago, yikes!): https://elizabeth-hadfield.squaresp...erything-i-have-learnt-about-film-photography. Ignoring all the typos and overuse of the word "amazing" ( It's a really basic and reliable point and shoot that does an amazing job. It has a flash built in which is amazing because shooting film with flash gets some amazing results. :rolleyes:) it's really telling how, rather than getting into the lenses or technology or reasons why she likes one image over another, she mainly talks about how much she paid and if the camera was heavy or could stay in focus. It shows laziness and a lack of depth, the worst example of letting the image do the talking because the author has no idea what she's saying.
The video Lizzy did on photography is equally as embarrassing. When Lizzy first moved to London she bought a Mamiya RZ67 and never used it I presume it was too technical for her as she replaced it with her current Mamiya, which is as simple (and expensive) as a medium format camera gets.

I can believe Lizzy’s engagement is bad, she still has those two IG lives from last summer saved to her IG which only have 2k views out of 555k followers. Her other two other saved videos have 16k and 24k views which is still really low for someone with her following. She seemed to fall off Mulberry’s gifting list as when they relaunched the Alexa bag last year all the usual suspects got gifted one/paid ad apart from Lizzy.

Personally I would be surprised if Lizzy’s Covid rule breaking was enough to matter to her ex-management, she did do it discreetly and they could easily say seeing Simon and Lindsey was ‘essential’ work when in reality we know it’s not. I do wonder how many people she’s been in contact with, when Ben was last mentioned here I did some snooping and it seems his friend visited Lizzy when in London households weren’t allowed to mix indoors at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Sneaky, sneaky Lizzy. Weirdly, Ben @s her in a comment on that IG post. Are they still in touch or is he just being a dick?

I never paid attention to Lizzy's numbers, but you're right...For over half a million followers, she gets relatively few comments on her posts. She also almost never engages with her audience, but I don't know how much that actually affects things.

Another season of the podcast. Christ, what do these two even have to talk about anymore? At this point, do we really need to hear more advice about creating wfh routines that we haven't already heard a million times? Especially from two well-off young women who don't have children or really any other responsibilities.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 10.57.43 AM.png

• Heart
Sneaky, sneaky Lizzy. Weirdly, Ben @s her in a comment on that IG post. Are they still in touch or is he just being a dick?

I never paid attention to Lizzy's numbers, but you're right...For over half a million followers, she gets relatively few comments on her posts. She also almost never engages with her audience, but I don't know how much that actually affects things.

Another season of the podcast. Christ, what do these two even have to talk about anymore? At this point, do we really need to hear more advice about creating wfh routines that we haven't already heard a million times? Especially from two well-off young women who don't have children or really any other responsibilities.

View attachment 438396
I don't intend to listen, but Jesus, this is why you should never date or be friend with an influencer...

I am really surprised by the comment exchange between Ben and Lizzy......... for some reason I thought they’d ended on bad terms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.