Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched one of Lizzys "my style evolution" and it really is surprising how much fun she used to have with clothes compared to now. She frames it as wanting a more sustainable and streamlined wardrobe, and accepting less gifts... having a more ethical and sustainable approach to your clothes does not have to be devoid of colour and personality, and I dont think she accepts less gifts at all lol

Also does anyone think Lindsay looks a bit like Vanessa Kirby?

Reactions: 7
Including but not limited - lol lol I'd think this is a business writing, a very old fashion one.

Yes, that’s what it reminded me of as well! A very poorly written assumption describing scope of work. Except, we always try to limit what we do and charge an out of scope rate for anything that was not mentioned.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Haha, Lindsey has removed the ‘tummulous’ but left the ‘greif’ in 😂. God help the proof reader of the book.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We had a discussion about the book at the end of the last Lizzy thread. The publisher specializes in bargain bin books: "high-quality cooking, crafts, lifestyle, and gardening titles." 256 pages is barely anything. You can fill half that with photos and collages. The rest was described as (I'm not even joking) "bite-sized chunks of content." This is plainly a cash grab that will go the way of Anna's book, Lizzy's Reposed collab, and every other ill-conceived project that tries to slap an influencer's name on it.
Definitely, but the Reposed collab bombed because of fake numbers - think they sold less than 20% of the amount that Lizzy said she would be able to sell. It'll be interesting to see how many copies of the book are printed - very very unlikely it'll make Sunday Times bestseller lists - especially at that price point. The publisher isn't a big one, so it's doubtful there's going to be any very interesting marketing ideas or budget either.

It seems a bit like Lizzy is just a bit lost really - a strange mix of sponsors that doesn't make sense, projects that she should spend time on but doesn't, and super unengaging content. Sure, we're all a bit lost with this pandemic, but with no agency behind her and invented numbers, WTF?! There's so many successful, talented bloggers out there, but she really hasn't got a clue.

• Wow
I just did a quick Google search on books based on/inspired by podcasts, and there aren't that many. The ones that stand out are based on wildly successful programs like Serial or podcasts that address larger topics like crime, social justice, healthcare, etc. So now we have two relative nobodies giving out random life advice... the writing is on the wall.

Reactions: 8
I really, really doubt their book is going to be a success (or of any interest to anybody else but few diehard fans, for that matter). That being said, I sort of like Lindsey’s today’s outfit. She has never been particularly original but at least her style is consistent and she sometimes wears clothes that are not huge cashmere jumpers.

Reactions: 3
That book is going to be awful. In a way I admire them for doing this. I’d be so embarrassed to put my name on a crap book, especially when it’s not some sort of chick lit bestseller, which I can understand if you can write that. I don’t think this book will fly off the shelves.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That book is going to be awful. In a way I admire them for doing this. I’d be so embarrassed to put my name on a crap book, especially when it’s not some sort of chick lit bestseller, which I can understand if you can write that. I don’t think this book will fly off the shelves.
The title of it is so cringe already! 😱

Reactions: 3
The grief bit could be interesting as she does seem to be very affected by her dads death. My dad passed at a similar age though and I personally don't think I could write about that - not because it's too difficult to but I would think what is the purpose. I wouldn't feel qualified to give advice, and a lot of the grieving process was a blur so even sharing how I felt would be hard. But many do write beautiful things about grief, so it could be interesting to see how she deals with that, though I don't think I would buy it.
You may have already come across it but Cariad Lloyd does a podcast about grief which is really excellent, called griefcast. Her Dad also passed away when she was young.

On the topic of good books based on podcasts - I have the My Dad wrote a P*rno and Dollop books and they're great. But partly because they're humorous and the personalities of the podcasters comes through.

Reactions: 2
Wow so I posted one word on Lindsey’s book announcement post (‘tummulous?’) and apparently that is enough to get me blocked 🤣 I had no idea she was so petty but I guess now I do. I even thought she must’ve pulled her page down because I’ve never been blocked by anyone before and am in disbelief that is all it takes with her.

Wow so I posted one word on Lindsey’s book announcement post (‘tummulous?’) and apparently that is enough to get me blocked 🤣 I had no idea she was so petty but I guess now I do. I even thought she must’ve pulled her page down because I’ve never been blocked by anyone before and am in disbelief that is all it takes with her.
All I can say is good luck for the forthcoming book reviews honey

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
You may have already come across it but Cariad Lloyd does a podcast about grief which is really excellent, called griefcast. Her Dad also passed away when she was young.

On the topic of good books based on podcasts - I have the My Dad wrote a P*rno and Dollop books and they're great. But partly because they're humorous and the personalities of the podcasters comes through.

Yes, Cariad Lloyds podcast is brilliant! I found it a saviour during my own bereavement. Her approach and conversations were brilliant!

Reactions: 2

All I can say is good luck for the forthcoming book reviews honey
Blocked?? Are you serious? For pointing out a REALLY bad spelling mistake on her own effing book announcement? And she thinks she is who, exactly? Certainly not a D-List, try-hard copycat who's only "influencing" because of her young, rich friend. The pettiness of these people... Ironically, she took your feedback; not, mind you, by correcting the word, but by removing it from her post altogether.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
20%? Yikes, at that rate did Reposed even manage to break even?

I’m actually embarrassed for Lindsey and Lizzy, how did they think the book was a good idea? Everyone knows blogger/influencer books are passé and no one takes them seriously. Even other bloggers who’ve already released books seem embarrassed by them.

They are definitely doing the pre-order to gauge interest and considering they can only get 2,000 of their followers to engage with their free IG live I can’t imagine many are willing to part with their money for the same content.

20%? Yikes, at that rate did Reposed even manage to break even?

I’m actually embarrassed for Lindsey and Lizzy, how did they think the book was a good idea? Everyone knows blogger/influencer books are passé and no one takes them seriously. Even other bloggers who’ve already released books seem embarrassed by them.

They are definitely doing the pre-order to gauge interest and considering they can only get 2,000 of their followers to engage with their free IG live I can’t imagine many are willing to part with their money for the same content.
Especially among the age group of their audience. We’re too old to buy into that type of tit. Even Zoella has moved on from that.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.