Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or is this leg-lengthening getting ridiculous? I saw yesterday's post and immediately thought what the duck, the proportions are off. At this point she resembles Slenderman more than her past self. You can't really blame it on angles because the photo was taken with the phone in front of her chest which would shorten most people but for some reason gives her 2m legs. As you can see in the little collage, her legs aren't really that long, even with heels and a tucked-in sweater! Her lower legs are literally than her torso and her head is smaller than her foot.
This reminds me of the thinspo-posts that went around Tumblr ca. 2015...
Thanks goodness I’m not the only one who thought it was ridiculous and...rather scary? I’m also 5’8” with longish arms and legs, but I would not look like this even if I lost 20 pounds of my (healthy) weight. She really should think before posting - a lot of her followers are teenage girls and young women who do not need yet another unrealistic beauty standard. People do not have legs that longs unless they airbrush their pics!

Reactions: 7
What is Lizzy doing with herself? Even in Manchester I thought she only worked the equivalent of having a part time job but she must only be spending a few hours a week working at the moment. She makes no effort with her content, she takes pictures of her everyday life on her iPhone, her vlogs are poorly filmed and require minimal editing.
If I were to judge based on social media output, working as a successful influencer in London means taking photos of oneself on one's daily coffee run.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I swear she only took on this literary persona recently, how is she only now reading catcher in the rye? Wouldn’t usually bring it up but it seems like it’s all quite surface level and done for the “aesthetic” 🤓🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Is Catcher required reading in the UK? Maybe that’s why she’s just picking it up now.

But def part of her LiT GiRL pErSoNa 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Is Catcher required reading in the UK? Maybe that’s why she’s just picking it up now.

But def part of her LiT GiRL pErSoNa 🤣
I read it in English in high school (UK) and generally would consider it to be a book for teens, themes et al and a very usual book for students to analyse. Read it again in my lateish twenties and didn't find it as impactful as when I was 15 and hating the world (jk I still hate the world but Holden get a grip)

Reactions: 9
I read it in English in high school (UK) and generally would consider it to be a book for teens, themes et al and a very usual book for students to analyse. Read it again in my lateish twenties and didn't find it as impactful as when I was 15 and hating the world (jk I still hate the world but Holden get a grip)
Ah okay. I wasn’t sure because it’s the quintessential American teenage male experience (LOL). That makes me sound like I think all British students read is Victorian literature and Shakespeare 🤣🤣🤣

I agree though. A lot of the books I read as a teenager that I thought made me so EdGy and emo are really just about whiny, privileged teens who feel abandoned by their workaholic parents.

Reactions: 3
I went to an old fashioned school and we only read Shakespeare and poetry anthologies. :ROFLMAO: Although Catcher was intended as adult book when it was written I think now it is more viewed as a young adult book now because of the subject matter. The Bell Jar is another book most people read as a teen and I really struggle to understand how Lizzy hasn’t heard either referenced enough to have preconceived the wrong idea of them.

Even as a cat owner encouraging your cat to jump on kitchen counters whilst you are preparing food is disgusting, their dirty little bum and feet. :sick:

I noticed Lizzy removed her management from her IG bio and she’s disappeared from their website, I wonder what went on there? She last mentioned her ‘agent’ only a few vlogs ago.

Reactions: 8
Oh, that last part is interesting! I wonder if she’ll appear on some other agency’s website.

Reactions: 1
That's what I was wondering, she used to do it herself until she lived in Holland Park.

Realistically Lizzy either left Next out of her own accord, bad financial year didn’t want them to take their cut or disappointed with the opportunities they presented her with. Or she either got dropped by Next because she wasn’t bringing the opportunities in and they were paying her manager more than the commission they made. 🤷‍♀️

Even as a cat owner encouraging your cat to jump on kitchen counters whilst you are preparing food is disgusting, their dirty little bum and feet. :sick:
Totally!!
I have two cats and spent the first years of their life teaching them that the kitchen counter and dinner table are off limits and they know. I wouldn't wanna eat in my house if that wasn't the case.

Totally!!
I have two cats and spent the first years of their life teaching them that the kitchen counter and dinner table are off limits and they know. I wouldn't wanna eat in my house if that wasn't the case.
Yes! My cat is annoying and has never quite adhered to don't get on the bench rules. So I continue to tell her off and get her down immediately when she jumps up and disinfect regularly. But I'd never encourage her to jump up, because its gross. That is dumb.

That's what I was wondering, she used to do it herself until she lived in Holland Park.

Realistically Lizzy either left Next out of her own accord, bad financial year didn’t want them to take their cut or disappointed with the opportunities they presented her with. Or she either got dropped by Next because she wasn’t bringing the opportunities in and they were paying her manager more than the commission they made. 🤷‍♀️
They dropped her in January. Also heard that her collab with the book co and three or four other brands completely bombed as they made up numbers.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
They dropped her in January. Also heard that her collab with the book co and three or four other brands completely bombed as they made up numbers.
How do you know they dropped her? I'd love to hear more about that (although I never really understood her relationship with the modeling agency to begin with). And "made up numbers"... do you mean in the sense that they inflated their projected sales? This would explain a lot of Lizzy's recent low state.

Reactions: 4
How do you know they dropped her? I'd love to hear more about that (although I never really understood her relationship with the modeling agency to begin with). And "made up numbers"... do you mean in the sense that they inflated their projected sales? This would explain a lot of Lizzy's recent low state.
I work in the industry, so... It looks like Lizzy has purchased followers somewhere along the way, so there's a number of brands who just haven't seen the CTR or engagement that was promised. If the ROI isn't there, people start to talk. Maybe also the fact that she jst ignored lockdown rules a couple of times last year could be part of it.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Maybe also the fact that she jst ignored lockdown rules a couple of times last year could be part of it.
A lot of influencers ignored the rules though. Does that have proper weighting with agencies?

A lot of influencers ignored the rules though. Does that have proper weighting with agencies?
Perhaps not but it's that on top of the poor engagement maybe. An assumption that the numbers will be similar to someone like Lucy Williams', say - but when they're just 10% of Lucy's... The reading thing also seems completely contrived too - if you're only reading books like 1984 and Catcher in the Rye now, you're probably not that into reading really. Makes her feel more intellectual than she actually is.

Reactions: 8
Hi I'm new.

Okay with that said, I like the chick. I really do. But when I visited her blog for the first time I remember being deferelunderwhelmed by her posts. She writes in a very basic and unengaging way (I think the best way to describe it is how someone on here hilariously put it: those 'what I did over the holiday' essays we were made to wrote on the first day of a new school term when the teacher couldn't be bothered). And in a quite frankly, lazy way. It's the same with some of her photography. I think I sat there in sheer disbelief for a good five minutes, trying to imagine what it is about her writing or photos that impress regular readers of the blog. I'm not trying to be a b*tch but that was how I felt, and it's sad in an ironic way because there are so many people who can do better, and are doing just that but don't have half of her following. I know she has money and lives quite carefree - especially in comparison to some of us, but if these are her passions (and she actually has a platform that so many people are tuned into - including companies gifting and paying her), I don't understand why she executes them so half heartedly. I really don't understand what it is about her because I usually despise mediocrity in people. And I don't like people who allow their pets to gallivant around the kitchen while food is being prepared. I hope when she cooks for friends in the future, they make sure to examine their food for cat hairs before they indulge, girl...

Reactions: 4
The reading thing also seems completely contrived too - if you're only reading books like 1984 and Catcher in the Rye now, you're probably not that into reading really. Makes her feel more intellectual than she actually is.
That’s what I thought as well. I really could not believe it when I saw Catcher in one of her stories - I would imagine literally everyone who is into reading would have read this book by her age. I mean, Lizzy is a nice girl and I usually like her style, but it looks like she is not half as well-read as she thinks she is.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.