Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit rich for her to be dishing out the judgement when her barnet screams 'casting creme'
Cheeky fucker.... My hair turned snowy white after taking chemo aged 50, best thing I ever did was abandon the circle of dyeing, roots etc. I'm always getting complements about my Barnet, whereas I suspect LJ looks even more hatchet faced with her awful coloured mop. I saw the article earlier and thought what a boring load of wafflebollox. 🧓💇‍♀️.

Reactions: 13
Cheeky fucker.... My hair turned snowy white after taking chemo aged 50, best thing I ever did was abandon the circle of dyeing, roots etc. I'm always getting complements about my Barnet, whereas I suspect LJ looks even more hatchet faced with her awful coloured mop. I saw the article earlier and thought what a boring load of wafflebollox. 🧓💇‍♀️.
My friend's Mum had been dying her hair dark brown for years (I've seen old photos of her and it was jet black when she was younger) and a couple of years ago when she turned 60 she decided to stop dying it. Her hair is snow white and it looks gorgeous. It really suits her. She says she wishes she'd done it years ago.

Reactions: 8
My friend's Mum had been dying her hair dark brown for years (I've seen old photos of her and it was jet black when she was younger) and a couple of years ago when she turned 60 she decided to stop dying it. Her hair is snow white and it looks gorgeous. It really suits her. She says she wishes she'd done it years ago.
Exactly...a good cut can really complement grey hair. For those old enough to remember the 2 Ronnie's in the 70's, we had a cleaning lady who was in her 60's who dyed her hair jet black and had it in a beehive not dissimilar to Ronnie Corbett when he dragged up. In fact old LJ reminds me a lot of Ronnie , in drag . 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The thing is with grey hair, it’s the texture. I don’t have much grey, and it is on the hidden layers, but the coarseness is a pain. I see women with white/grey hair that has an amazing shine and lustre, but loads more have hair like brillopads. I have never dyed my hair so doubt I will start to cover up the grey, but I am not looking forward to the change in texture.

Reactions: 11
I have grey /silver hair that’s not at all like a Brillo pad 😇
My hair is the same, in fact I don't use conditioner any more. Might be cos my hair is short and well styled and I don't need to use a hairdryer any more.... Win, win all round for me.

Reactions: 2
There are lots of fantastic toning products that can give grey hair fantastic shades / shine.
My husband has thick curly hair that has gone quite course as he has gone grey. He just washes it though - won’t entertain conditioning treatments / serums.
I have thin, mousey brown hair - I’m in my 50s with no sign of grey. I bleach it and tone it to platinum shades. I have to keep it short and the bleaching actually gives it some texture / thickness.
I am quite envious of friends grey hair, and how they can tone it etc.

Grey / White hair dyed a dark shade is the stuff of nightmares. It never works.
Anne Widdecombe realised this 20 years ago. She should have understood it 20 years earlier than that, but what’s done is done 😆

Reactions: 3
What white hair I have is mainly around my hairline and means that my fringe is even more wavy than it ever was. Because it's below my waist, I'm fanatical about conditioning it and never using heat on it, so it's as soft as ever. I do have a purple conditioner too to take out any yellow tones. I'm 60 but my mother wasn't even completely grey at 85, looking steel grey like her own mother with dark hairs still through their hair. The way mine's going, I'll probably be like that too.

Any colour I put on it is definitely not natural colours - I have chalks and gels in colours like purple, pink, green etc. I've given up giving a stuff what other people think and Liz would probably be a lot happier if she did the same, as well as depending on designer names to give her some sort of personality.

Reactions: 5
I went back to look. Think I was confused there was a poster called kittya who was v prominent on those posts. Still convinced lj was posting with a name along those lines...
She was with a variety of sock puppets including that one, all loosely based on a KitKat or Kittykat basic root.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've never agreed with women not having long hair after a certain age but I think jet black hair is not right for older faces.

She went to a posh salon for her column in the Fail where they dyed her hair subtle mix of browns with highlights. It really suited her . . . . and she promptly returned to darkest ‘midnight storm’ atthe next opportunity.

Reactions: 9
For anyone who didn't read the "article" where she puts tit on Helen Mirren for changing her hairstyle and daring to allow an unflattering photo of her be published, Liz recalls having to dye her hair at home during lockdown. After getting black dye on every surface and animal in her house during attempt number one, she decided to dye her hair in the bath the second time. Except she's Liz, so she literally dyed her hair in the bath, rinsing the colour off and wallowing in the dirty water, thereby dying her skin also.
I don't believe for a second that it actually happened but nonetheless, she's such a stupid witch

• Haha
For anyone who didn't read the "article" where she puts tit on Helen Mirren for changing her hairstyle and daring to allow an unflattering photo of her be published, Liz recalls having to dye her hair at home during lockdown. After getting black dye on every surface and animal in her house during attempt number one, she decided to dye her hair in the bath the second time. Except she's Liz, so she literally dyed her hair in the bath, rinsing the colour off and wallowing in the dirty water, thereby dying her skin also.
I don't believe for a second that it actually happened but nonetheless, she's such a stupid witch
She is constantly lying. She must always dye her hair at home - lockdown or no lockdown. I can’t believe that any hairdresser in the land would do a colour job like she has. They would surely persuade her to add high / lowlights to break up the block colour?

As a teenage goth, back in the 80s, I know a home dye job when I see one. I bet she uses Insette hairspray as well…

Reactions: 14
I have mentioned before that I saw her in Richmond, Yorkshire. Her hair was unnaturally black, you could tell it was dyed. This was about 5 years ago so she could have had it done at a hairdresser, but it looked like a home dye job.

Reactions: 8
She was with a variety of sock puppets including that one, all loosely based on a KitKat or Kittykat basic root.
Thank you, that's so bizarre, I had gone back over the old posts trying to find her Ann's that kityakat person was really prominent on there & with strong opinions ref the frs

Reactions: 3
The week in podcast:

Liz says that the movie The Father glamourises dementia. She reads out the infamous column she wrote about her mother's dementia. This is the same column in which Liz published those hideous photos of her mother. Liz says she could not care for her mother as it was like having a "giant toddler" around and this would be "a big blot on (Liz and Nirpal's) lovely life." There is an anecdote about how her mother hit her head hard because Liz dropped her accidentally, it seems Liz did not tell her mother's nurses about this even though it could have been fatal. She states she wrote the column because a hot political issue at the time was the idea that families should be providing care instead of the state paying for it. Liz wanted to demonstrate why this wasn't possible for her - well, that's fine but naturally the column was all about me, me, me and what an imposition it was on Liz! She recounts an incident where she and Nirpal visited and she didn't want him to see the family's "hideous 60s semi", so she encouraged him to leave after five minutes and lie to her mother that they'd been there for an hour. Nic justifies this behaviour with "you can't change who you are", and admits she is not sharp enough to understand the plot of The Father.

Liz sneers at the fact that Nic bought her a pair of trousers from Zara as a birthday present, and Nic wearing clothes from the high street. Liz made Nic take the trousers back and Nic self-deprecatingly says that she "tried and failed." They also insult Liz's other "friend" Isabel, by name, for buying her a pair of Crocs. Liz says it was a deliberate insult and Isabel knew she hates Crocs. If they still have a friendship after this, Isabel is an even bigger fool than Nic.

We finally get to this week's column. Remember the brain scan? Liz had an appointment with a consultant, who didn't seem aware that Liz had even had a brain scan. He arranged "balance tests" for Liz in November. Liz wrote an abusive letter to her GP, who gave a polite explanation. Liz does not believe this explanation, and witches and moans about the NHS being incompetent. She ended the column by saying she won't be clapping for her GP or "the stony-faced, miserable old cow of a nurse" and says in the podcast that she "doesn't give a stuff" that people will think this is rude. Takes a "stony-faced, miserable old cow" to know one, doesn't it Liz? We finish with her reading out some totally authentic letters from readers trashing Nirpal.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Remind you of anybody @VeeJayBee ?

Liz sneers at the fact that Nic bought her a pair of trousers from Zara as a birthday present, and Nic wearing clothes from the high street. Liz made Nic take the trousers back and Nic self-deprecatingly says that she "tried and failed." They also insult Liz's other "friend" Isabel, by name, for buying her a pair of Crocs. Liz says it was a deliberate insult and Isabel knew she hates Crocs. If they still have a friendship after this, Isabel is an even bigger fool than Nic.

Subsitute Liz for Jo (Good, AKA Middle Aged Minx, who has her own threads on here.) They would get on so well.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Remind you of anybody @VeeJayBee ?

Subsitute Liz for Jo (Good, AKA Middle Aged Minx, who has her own threads on here.) They would get on so well.
Oh yah, Middle Aged Minx recently interviewed LaLiz about her last book.

Reactions: 5
The week in podcast:

Liz says that the movie The Father glamourises dementia. She reads out the infamous column she wrote about her mother's dementia. This is the same column in which Liz published those hideous photos of her mother. Liz says she could not care for her mother as it was like having a "giant toddler" around and this would be "a big blot on (Liz and Nirpal's) lovely life." There is an anecdote about how her mother hit her head hard because Liz dropped her accidentally, it seems Liz did not tell her mother's nurses about this even though it could have been fatal. She states she wrote the column because a hot political issue at the time was the idea that families should be providing care instead of the state paying for it. Liz wanted to demonstrate why this wasn't possible for her - well, that's fine but naturally the column was all about me, me, me and what an imposition it was on Liz! She recounts an incident where she and Nirpal visited and she didn't want him to see the family's "hideous 60s semi", so she encouraged him to leave after five minutes and lie to her mother that they'd been there for an hour. Nic justifies this behaviour with "you can't change who you are", and admits she is not sharp enough to understand the plot of The Father.

We finally get to this week's column. Remember the brain scan? Liz had an appointment with a consultant, who didn't seem aware that Liz had even had a brain scan. He arranged "balance tests" for Liz in November. Liz wrote an abusive letter to her GP, who gave a polite explanation. Liz does not believe this explanation, and witches and moans about the NHS being incompetent. She ended the column by saying she won't be clapping for her GP or "the stony-faced, miserable old cow of a nurse" and says in the podcast that she "doesn't give a stuff" that people will think this is rude. Takes a "stony-faced, miserable old cow" to know one, doesn't it Liz? We finish with her reading out some totally authentic letters from readers trashing Nirpal.
that is entirely despicable, what a nasty, filthy piece of trash that woman is, please if there is karma in this world let her be cancelled, whilst in many ways I don't agree with cancel culture, obviously everyone is entitled to an opinion, that though, is not an opinion in my estimate, it is a vomit of bile, from an aged, ugly harridan, who deserves nothing but total contempt...she is disgusting

Also now she will not get a click from me, whilst my morbid curiosity would often get the better of me, and I would read the column, even if just to raise my eyes in disbelief at the lies and venom she would spout, but I have had enough of a preview and like the other week when I got a heads up from here, I will not be reading that tit!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.