Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Nic thing is one of life's great mysteries. When Jonesey had some cash, Nic left a humdrum admin gig to become J's gopher. She got her feet under the table, vicarious fame and a decent gaff. When she moved to Low Row, Nic got (another) paid for home separate from the Big 'Ouse (the deets are probably still online... search Lawn House, Low Row... there's an old pdf of the sales details). It was here that Nic's role took on a darker hue... she was 'tasked' with sweet talking their neighbour so J could get her hands on his land. It all went a bit wrong, the neighbour thought Nic's intentions were more sincere and it kicked off.
Then, of course, HMRC caught up with Jonesey and the jig was up! Bankrupt and disgraced, the houses had to go and she was allowed a modest pittance to exist by the Receiver (it's a beautiful holiday home now, BTW.)
By this stage, bearing in mind how their relationship had developed, J had no option but to keep Nic on (indeed, while J was forbidden to be a company director, Nic was the sole director of Liz Jones Goddess Ltd (yes, really). Now the company is rollicking along with a credit score of 25/100 and is officially 'high risk, Nic is only Company Sec now. The mystery director Adam Kelly resigned in 2018... possibly appointed by the Receiver?
So, now being codependent and knowing where the metaphorical bodies are buried, Nic's future is assured with, I suspect, many promises of 'jam tomorrow' when the novel/screenplay/tour finally pay off (bwahaha). I would be fascinated to know what will happen when J finally gets put out to grass...
Do you know her ?

I suspect she wants more mentions on here too. The comments on here and under her articles have tailed off, the interest is not there. So, having a thriving “dislike” thread shows her publishers that she is still a talking point. That is her motive I think. If I was in the public eye and hated the comments on a website, last thing I would do would be to mention it.
I agree that Liz would like a more actve thread here, such attention-seeking types relish any mention, good or bad. It reminds me of Jo Good aka Middle Aged Minx, who coincidentally interviewed Liz about her book a couple of weeks ago on the radio.

(When intervewing social media stars Jo - who displays many similar selfish, unself-aware traits as Liz - would always bring up the subject of "trolls", even when she had very few SM followers or comments, either good or bad, it was as if she wanted to have that problem too in order to validate herself, or maybe garner sympathy).

(Jo Good's Tattle Wiki here)

Reactions: 8
I do wonder what the deal is with Nic. I think she was originally taken on in Devon to deal with the animals, and she’s obviously still in Liz’s employ (and even followed her up to Yorkshire), maybe as a personal assistant of some sort? But it seems a strange, slightly toxic relationship where Nic is mainly there to be the butt of Liz’s “jokes”. I’ve no doubt Nic is under instructions to do a bit of sock-puppetry from time to time as well.
I tried the podcast a couple of times but couldn’t get further than a few minutes. They’re not exactly comedy gold.

Re her untrained dogs: Liz seems to think it’s hilarious and cute that her dogs chew everything and piss everywhere (and maul and kill her poor cats 😡), but dogs need structure and discipline. Those dogs must be really confused and unhappy. And no, it’s not cute getting chucked out of a restaurant because your dogs have crapped on the floor. Imagine being another diner. 🤢
*clicks fingers* That's it! It just came to me over the course of the day... Nic was first introduced as an Animal Behaviourist! I think she worked for Amex and did a course on Bach Flower Remedies. Next thing, she's reborn as an animal behavior expert. I don't have to tell you how successful she's been with a number of Border Collies: the world's most trainable dog.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
*clicks fingers* That's it! It just came to me over the course of the day... Nic was first introduced as an Animal Behaviourist! I think she worked for Amex and did a course on Bach Flower Remedies. Next thing, she's reborn as an animal behavior expert. I don't have to tell you how successful she's been with a number of Border Collies: the world's most trainable dog.
It must be a thing for needy animal lovers to have an Animal Behaviourist as a sidekick; cf Jo Good and Anna Webb 🤣

Reactions: 3
Wasn't it specifically an Equine Behaviourist, at that time Liz had the "nervous Lizzie" and some others

Reactions: 8
I agree that Liz would like a more actve thread here, such attention-seeking types relish any mention, good or bad. It reminds me of Jo Good aka Middle Aged Minx, who coincidentally interviewed Liz about her book a couple of weeks ago on the radio.

(When intervewing social media stars Jo - who displays many similar selfish, unself-aware traits as Liz - would always bring up the subject of "trolls", even when she had very few SM followers or comments, either good or bad, it was as if she wanted to have that problem too in order to validate herself, or maybe garner sympathy).

(Jo Good's Tattle Wiki here)
I was scrolling through the trending threads on tattle before she mentioned the website. Suffice to say she wasn't trending at that point.

Reactions: 3
Having re read the diary, I am wondering if the mention of the two famous exes pertain to the fake rock star and ex husband, Nirpal and not Mr Hutchence. I realise it’s tenuous at best, but in Liz’s addled mind Dhaliwal is ‘famous’ as he’s been on the tellybox a couple of times, had a few articles and written a dreadful book. As I said, tenuous, as he’s hardly a household name. Not even z list!

Reactions: 10
I’ve met Liz in real life, a very long time ago. It was when she was editor of Marie Claire at the so-called Fat Summit at the Cabinet Office.
two things struck me - she was tiny and not in a good way. She had the oversized head and stick thin physique of we now know was a recovering anorexic.
she was very quiet and subdued. Answered questions as a panel member in very few words. Looked like she’d rather be anywhere else . I suspect she knew then that her campaign, laudable as it was at the time, had cost her the job.
She touts her "support for models" as the reason for her dismissal from Marie Claire (after a pitifully short tenure, 17 issues was it?) but the truth is more mundane: circulation and readership declined under her stewardship, as did revenue. As a result, she got the Order of the Spanish Archer.
You only have to glimpse at her 'novel' to see what she really thinks about fat as a feminist issue. I suspect she was quiet as she had little of interest to say (ref the last 20 years) and was terrified someone would ask her why she called Sophie Dahl 'fat' in print.

There is no way Liz Jones is a size 8 .

I’ve oscillated between an 8 and a 14 for years …. I also managed a stage clothing shop for years & can call a woman’s size 9 times out of 10 just by looking at them .I’m rarely wrong , even taking into account different shapes & sizes .

shes a 12

Reactions: 14
According to her website, the 8 and a half stone promo tour has been cancelled ‘due to Covid’
However…there are still tickets available at the Plowright Theatre in Scunthorpe. A pitiful number have been sold if you have a look and select tickets from the map…oh dear.

• Wow
Liz needs to reinvent herself. Not sure what as, but her present “persona” has run out of steam. Nobody is really interested anymore.

She touts her "support for models" as the reason for her dismissal from Marie Claire (after a pitifully short tenure, 17 issues was it?) but the truth is more mundane: circulation and readership declined under her stewardship, as did revenue. As a result, she got the Order of the Spanish Archer.
You only have to glimpse at her 'novel' to see what she really thinks about fat as a feminist issue. I suspect she was quiet as she had little of interest to say (ref the last 20 years) and was terrified someone would ask her why she called Sophie Dahl 'fat' in print.
In this week's podcast she makes out it was unfair of them to expect her to care about copies being sold. What, I wonder, does she think the editor's job involves?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Liz needs to reinvent herself. Not sure what as, but her present “persona” has run out of steam. Nobody is really interested anymore.
She's an empty vessel. Her lack of personality, empathy, sense of humour are testament to that. She thinks she's Carrie Bradshaw whereas she's actually an aging bankrupt with a paid companion. She doesn't have a 'self' to reinvent. She writes consistently about other people, how awful they are, how unfair life is. The older and madder she gets the more desperate she becomes (ref M Hutchence as an ex).
The only reason she tried to rekindle any sort of reunion with the baker was to be able to use his London flat f.o.c.
There is no depth to her at all, just a conviction that her ghastly 'life' is somebody else's fault. Always somebody else.

Reactions: 13
So who has the heads up on tomorrow’s tit show??
Going by her podcast where she read out the column: Liz met yet another new love interest on the internet. However things went south fast when he suggested booking a Premier Inn (far more upsetting to Liz than the fact that he expected to share a room with a woman he was meeting for the first time.) He then blocked her online and cut contact with her, so she did not get a chance to crack out the eyelash pins and Myla thong. She concludes with a long story about a disastrous holiday with a previous boyfriend

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.