Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else read her latest book? Not that I’d recommend it - it appears to be self-published and is riddled with typos and all kinds of nasties (racism, ableism, fattism, misogyny, plain old hate for everything and everyone), not to mention it is atrociously written. A friend and I sort of bet each other to give it a try when it first came out last year - it is probably the worst thing I’ve ever read (and I’ve read Robert Elms’ “In search of the crack”).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
haha oh dear, we're being all mean about her..diddums..this is just after she has been incredibly rude to a hairdresser who is only pointing out the truth, and deciding she's not going to tip her very well, similar to the car valet person...I gave a large tip to him before, therefore I shall treat him as a minion, a mere peasant..she really is one nasty, unpleasant piece of work and as for columnist of the year...being joint winner with Jan Moir, another toxic waste dump is not something I would be crowing about.

I am glad that she reads this though, unfortunately she's too much of a narcissist to take any of it on board and become a better person, but she's always been shielded from the majority of public opinion due to comment moderation, so this is a dose of reality

Reactions: 11
Omg.... This thread, I've finally found my people! The Wiki is a work of art and it's really opened my eyes. I've been reading her column for the last year or so only because I enjoyed hate reading it. What an unpleasant delusional specimen of a woman. Thank you all for entertaining me here. I only realised she had a thread cos she mentioned it in tomorrow's column! Anyway, back to a bit more catching up 😉.
Welcome @shazbev You are right about the Tattle Wiki for Liz Jones, a great resource. I'd not read her column for years and the Wiki was a handy catch-up when I found this thread, I was amazed Liz could still be carrying on in the same way.

The mention of Tattle in Liz's column today will bring new readers here so if you are one (welcome!) and need a summary of Liz's antics, click the pink wiki button at the top of the page. Sorry if that sounds obvious but when I first came to Tattle it took me a while discover the wikis and find my way around.

Reactions: 16
If she thinks Tattle is ‘mean’ (it’s not, it’s honest opinion and commentary) then she should abstain from Twitter, a real ‘hellscape’ (to borrow her twitter pal and fellow narc Jack Monroe’s turn of phrase). People on Twitter attack and troll relentlessly - here we converse and debate and do not engage. All she has to do is not read here. Got that, Liz?

I have listened to a couple of her podcasts. They were very mean, particularly about David. She can give it out but can’t take it.

Reactions: 12
Liz states in her podcast this week that she is going on holiday. The woman who NEVER!!! takes a holiday? Say it ain't so! There's some gems in there:

- Referring to us as "Tattletale" (close enough)
- Liz repeats the story that she was fired from Marie Claire for refusing to use models with eating disorders and says that she received a paltry severance pay which pretty much disappeared when she took Nirpal on a holiday. Don't take him on holiday then? Normal people would understand if their girlfriend could not afford to go on holiday because she was just made redundant.
- Saying that when she made editor of Marie Claire she was upset and disappointed that she was under pressure to sell copies and expected to deal with things like staff pay. WTF do you think they hired you for?!
- Calls Meghan Markle her "twin" and "sister" because "we both get online abuse"
- An example she cites of "everyone being horrible to her" is when she had her car cleaned and the valet asked why she did not stop her dogs chewing the seat. Liz says it's his job to repair it, not her job to stop the untrained hounds chewing. Actually, no. His job is to professionally deep clean the car not repair the seats

The Mail comments on the column itself pull no punches ...

Has anyone else read her latest book? Not that I’d recommend it - it appears to be self-published and is riddled with typos and all kinds of nasties (racism, ableism, fattism, misogyny, plain old hate for everything and everyone), not to mention it is atrociously written. A friend and I sort of bet each other to give it a try when it first came out last year - it is probably the worst thing I’ve ever read (and I’ve read Robert Elms’ “In search of the crack”).
She effectively self-published it last year (it was released through a very small, mainly Christian publisher.) This year, it was released again through an actual publisher, apparently with no editor involved. Who the hell would want this is beyond me

Reactions: 10
Welcome @shazbev You are right about the Tattle Wiki for Liz Jones, a great resource. I'd not read her column for years and the Wiki was a handy catch-up when I found this thread, I was amazed Liz could still be carrying on in the same way.

The mention of Tattle in Liz's column today will bring new readers here so if you are one (welcome!) and need a summary of Liz's antics, click the pink wiki button at the top of the page. Sorry if that sounds obvious but when I first came to Tattle it took me a while discover the wikis and find my way around.
Thank you @VeeJayBee . I was already on Tattle on the Hinch ( not any more she's as boring as watching paint dry ! ) and Harry and Meghan threads but hadn't realised old Liz had a thread. It's certainly enlightening and means now ,when I dip into her column, I have inside knowledge of her fuckwittery. Cheers all ❤.

Reactions: 9
Well she’s just sent a lot of people here , as it’s obvious lots who read her drivel every week do so because it’s just so ridiculous and can’t stand the woman .
I had no clue she had a thread until I skim read her latest daily fail offering … maybe she wanted that , as in any publicity is good publicity 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Woe is me Liz Jones. For someone who regularly dishes out the dirt on just about everyone she encounters in life, it is a little rich of her to have a whole column dedicated to her whine-fest! If she wasn’t so needy, so desperate to look perfect the whole time and lightened up, she might find that men, in particular, might be attracted to her. No man wants a high maintenance woman such as Liz. They want a woman who is relaxed and carefree, not one who hurried to the loo to sort out her corner lashes! I cringe when I read her weekly column.

Reactions: 10
Woe is me Liz Jones. For someone who regularly dishes out the dirt on just about everyone she encounters in life, it is a little rich of her to have a whole column dedicated to her whine-fest! If she wasn’t so needy, so desperate to look perfect the whole time and lightened up, she might find that men, in particular, might be attracted to her. No man wants a high maintenance woman such as Liz. They want a woman who is relaxed and carefree, not one who hurried to the loo to sort out her corner lashes! I cringe when I read her weekly column.
Who has a Smeg fridge and separates her eyelashes with a pin (I like Smeg fridges and would like one, but the way Liz talks about it as if it's something every man wants in a girlfriend - WTF? Most men couldn't care less what fridge she has as long as it's clean and contains some kind of food he likes)

Just joined having read about this thread in LJ's latest column. I feel like I've found my people.
Welcome! Please accept your goody bag which contains a dry clean only Myla thong. a buttery soft totally vegan leather skirt and a voucher for a homoepathic vet to cure your chickens of leukaemia. :ROFLMAO:

Thing is with Jizzy name checking Tattle is that it proves that even her "haters" can't really be bothered with her. I mean this is still thread 1 and is pretty old, there is not a lot to say about the ravaged old bag that hasn't already been said about her. Even her attempts at controversy are just boring. Blah blah fat people, blah blah sacked from Marie Claire, blah blah pretend Jim Kerr etc

Jizz is just a sad lonely woman who has to pay people to be her friends *Cough Nic Cough* Come on Jizz, put some effort into it, come out as a lesbian, grow your knee hair out, try being nice to people without expecting anything from them in return and stop writing boring repetitive shite, you might actually find that life is pretty good

• Haha
Reactions: 32
There may be only one thread here, but that's partly because digitalspy stopped updating her thread and people migrated to FB and over here. There were 4 massive threads on Jiz's moonbattery on DS. Lots of insightful people discussing her articles on Somali, that poor girl Joanna Yeates, her neighbours in Somerset, her neighbour in Yorkshire and much, much more. The sheer scale of her awfulness is incredible when you think about all the stuff she's written. Ooh, I left out the sperm stealing! And her posing for a photo next to her mother (open-mouthed, in bed with dementia). My goodness.

Reactions: 14
There may be only one thread here, but that's partly because digitalspy stopped updating her thread and people migrated to FB and over here. There were 4 massive threads on Jiz's moonbattery on DS. Lots of insightful people discussing her articles on Somali, that poor girl Joanna Yeates, her neighbours in Somerset, her neighbour in Yorkshire and much, much more. The sheer scale of her awfulness is incredible when you think about all the stuff she's written. Ooh, I left out the sperm stealing!
The DS threads also had more people that were familiar with Liz IRL - including "Garnier Fructis Woman" (David's ex that Liz trashed in print) and neighbours in Yorkshire

• Heart
thinking about how she gets away with some of the things she writes, referring to someone as an Osama Bin Laden lookalike and her incredible rudeness, is that not that many people actually read her ramblings now as Kikini says above, even the haters can't be arsed any more, I think most of us are here is because we cannot believe that the DM still pay her for this crap and the day her column disappears will not be in any way sad about it, I know I'll just be thinking meh, whatever, knowing that the DM will still provide some dire rubbish for me to sigh and shake my head at.

Clearly there are very few younger people who read her rubbish, because I think they'd have brought cancel culture down on her by now, but yeah compared to others who have threads on this forum, hers is very slow moving, simply because people really only comment when she's expelled another tome of crap in her diary, and we want to laugh at her, not with her, at her. Someone was asking about a thread title for subsequent Liz threads the other day, I think that may take some time to get to that point, because no one cares enough to comment on her...it's busier today than lots of other weeks, simply because she gave us a plug..cheers Liz, but there's really not that much you can say about a washed up, lying, balding old tart, apart from omg what a load of crap..please make it stop.

• Haha
Yeah I know about the DS threads, I used to be on there myself. She name checked DS as well in her diary, I can only guess because she has so little else to yak about. Also let's not forget about the Mumsnet coke pictures drama :rolleyes: Jizzy probably frequents all these forums as much as the rest of us do

Yeah I know about the DS threads, I used to be on there myself. She named checked DS as well in her diary, I can only guess because she has so little else to yak about. Also let's not forget about the Mumsnet coke pictures drama :rolleyes: Jizzy probably frequents all these forums as much as the rest of us do
Did she not have a bunch of sockpuppets on Mumsnet at one point?

Reactions: 5
Her tattooed eyeliner and eyebrows, in that faded navy blue. 🤦‍♀️
I'm sceptical about the treatments and clothes, her hair screams home box dye, her face-lift was a freebie for an article. I honestly think she's a bitter old journo who lives with her cats.
She'd love to cause a stir about tattle, imagine the lies endlessly recycled.

Reactions: 9
I sometimes wonder if she's actually real, or some sort of cartoon character made up by the MoS.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.