Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today's podcast includes Liz laughing when Nic says her "nice" clothes come from Next, and being harsh / critical of Nic fostering a rescue lamb "it won't have its friends, it'll just get eaten when it grows up" despite Nic saying this isn't true. And that's what you get for kissing Liz's ancient butt constantly

• Sad
Reactions: 7
There is definitely a power play going on there in that dynamic - God only knows why she feels superior though.

Reactions: 4
New one for the bingo from today’s column:

Osama Bin Laden lookalike 😂

(apologies if it’s already on there)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ha I didn’t realise there was a thread on her. She’s very strange, I worked at the same company when she was made editor of Marie Claire, and hid in her office on her first day and refused to meet any of the staff. Her DM column is just the same old fantasist bollox every week

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
There is definitely a power play going on there in that dynamic - God only knows why she feels superior though.
When one of her pets died (can't remember which - I thought it was Hilda but re-reading that column now, it wasn't) she wrote about how she'd called Nic to verbally abuse her for not being at Liz's beck and call. Where was Nic, I hear you ask? She was in hospital herself and very ill!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
When one of her pets died (can't remember which - I thought it was Hilda but re-reading that column now, it wasn't) she wrote about how she'd called Nic to verbally abuse her for not being at Liz's beck and call. Where was Nic, I hear you ask? She was in hospital herself and very ill!
Edit: Yes, it was Hilda, just re-read it. She wrote about Hilda's death (Nic was there for that) in her column one week. The next week's column said that a few hours after Hilda died, Nic had been taken into hospital as she was vomiting blood. Obviously a very worrying symptom but Liz complained that Nic was not there to help her with burying Hilda or looking after the horses and dogs, so she'd had to call Isobel. A third column written later mentioned that at this time she'd called Nic in hospital to get shirty about Nic not being around

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
What a nasty piece of work. Reminds me of something similar that happened when I was in my teens. My friend's Dad was a groom for some 'well to do horsey people'. One night when they were away a foal was born early and was very weak and unwell. My friend's Dad called the vet, he came out and said if the foal made it through the night he'd be okay, so my friend's Dad stayed out in the cold stable with him all night and a few days later, ended up in hospital with pnuemonia.
When his wife went to tell the boss why he wouldn't be at work for a while, he sniggered and basically said something along the lines of "Well, why was he so stupid to allow that to happen?" and when she said "Because he was up all night looking after your foal", his haughty reply was "Well I didn't ask him to do it, did I?"
As soon as he came out of hospital (after unpaid sick leave) he and his wife and daughter (my friend who would have been about 12 or 13 at the time) left and moved into a granny flat in a nearby house. My friend had to sleep on the couch, but he said he didn't care, he'd put up with abuse for years and was never going back.
Fortunately he had an excellent reputation, not just as a groom, but also as a bit of a horse whisperer and had been around horses since he was a child and eventually ended up being a trainer and they managed to buy their own house.
He's retired now, but my friend had her daughter quite young (I think she was 20) and that little girl has grown up on the back of a horse. I remember seeing her at about 3 trotting down a field, absolutely no fear whatsoever.

As for 'His Lordship' (they were Sir and Lady someone or other) it turned out that they were up to their eyes in debt, and ended up having to sell all their animals, the house and land and move in with their daughter. How the mighty fall eh?

Next time Liz Jones has to leave a house, I don't know who's going to take her in because she seems to alienate anyone she ever comes in contact with.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The mention of horses reminds me of an old Mumsnet thread where someone claimed that they knew the previous owner of Liz's horse Nellie, who subsequently died a few weeks later - Liz wrote a couple of columns on the subject. According to the poster, Nellie's death was caused by Liz not caring for her properly, and the previous owner tried to launch legal action over Liz claiming in print that Nellie died from severe colic. It seems nothing came of that but still, sad yet predictable if true

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
This week Liz resurrects the Rock Star and claims her "profound deafness" is caused by Ménière's Disease. Can't find any record of her ever mentioning this condition before ...

Reactions: 5
This week Liz resurrects the Rock Star and claims her "profound deafness" is caused by Ménière's Disease. Can't find any record of her ever mentioning this condition before ...
If she was actually meeting a rock star in a public place then you can’t tell me someone wouldn’t get a photo..

Reactions: 12
She is truly awful, I do not know why the MoS still pay her for that drivel, and it really is, it's fiction and not even remotely interesting or well written, it's the most depressing thing to read, I tend to read it online on a Sunday morning, mainly so that I can roll my eyes and say what a pile of bs. Today's offering was totally dire, claiming that she met up with the rock star, then brushed him off in about 5 mins, so that's probably her way of shutting down that story arc again and there is no way anyone believes it and of course if she continues to infer that it is Jim Kerr then his lawyers would be on her.

I suppose I'm just waiting for the day when the column is just gone, and hopefully due to being fired, I dont imagine it will bring her down a peg or two though, she'll just continue to swan around, but at least no one will have to hear about it and get annoyed that she actually gets paid for that crap. TBH I wish that someone would pull her up about that dreadful book she's just written, 8 1/2 stone, which is basically a rubbish version of bridget jones, but without the humour or pleasant characters, it's got an incredibly bad taste racist "joke" in it and I do not understand how she got away with that, I also hate that she refers to one of her exes as the Osama Bin Laden lookalike, my god people are getting cancelled left right and centre by the woke brigade, which I dont always agree with but she seems to just get away with it, unbelievable.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
She is truly awful, I do not know why the MoS still pay her for that drivel, and it really is, it's fiction and not even remotely interesting or well written, it's the most depressing thing to read, I tend to read it online on a Sunday morning, mainly so that I can roll my eyes and say what a pile of bs. Today's offering was totally dire, claiming that she met up with the rock star, then brushed him off in about 5 mins, so that's probably her way of shutting down that story arc again and there is no way anyone believes it and of course if she continues to infer that it is Jim Kerr then his lawyers would be on her.

I suppose I'm just waiting for the day when the column is just gone, and hopefully due to being fired, I dont imagine it will bring her down a peg or two though, she'll just continue to swan around, but at least no one will have to hear about it and get annoyed that she actually gets paid for that crap. TBH I wish that someone would pull her up about that dreadful book she's just written, 8 1/2 stone, which is basically a rubbish version of bridget jones, but without the humour or pleasant characters, it's got an incredibly bad taste racist "joke" in it and I do not understand how she got away with that, I also hate that she refers to one of her exes as the Osama Bin Laden lookalike, my god people are getting cancelled left right and centre by the woke brigade, which I dont always agree with but she seems to just get away with it, unbelievable.
Absolutely - you keep hearing the column is getting canned - it doesn’t even make sense most weeks - but it seems to be the journalistic equivalent of herpes 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 8

She's like the Energizer Bunny. They've kept her on and on and on, even after hiring Elizabeth Day (who, like Liz, operates on the "USP" of complaining about everything) and the main paper has taken her back. And she seems to be doubling down on being as awful as possible, presumably because she knows that plays well with the gammon brigade and she's got competition from Katie Hopkins, Sarah Vine etc

Reactions: 5
I listened to her podcast but I find her voice more and more irritating. She sounds like a 99 year old woman.
Why? I know she is kind of deaf (although she seems to be able to hear) so maybe she is not using her voice properly? I mean, like when someone is not lifting their feet properly when walking but is noisily shuffling along - she seems to not use her vocal cords properly?

I think Nic sounds nicer and fresher and loved the episode when Nic read a fan letter she got for "her podcast". Hahaha! Liz was so annoyed.

What are toothpick jeans? Can't she say skinny jeans like everyone else? She also knows everyone will now Google which past it rock star has a new album out!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.