Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So this week's diary has no mention of men, sex or anything like it. I'm sorry the poor cat is being put down. However, I'd be willing to put money on the change of subject being down to Jim Kerr's lawyers being on the case again :D

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She's better off having no cats given that she allowed her wretched dogs to kill one and savage another (the latter incident not mentioned in this week's column.) Her beloved Gracie and "Mini Puppy" are elderly now and won't be around much longer, but she already wants to adopt another "nervous collie" so no doubt the cycle would continue. If she got any more cats the RSPCA might start asking questions

• Sad
Reactions: 10
She's better off having no cats given that she allowed her wretched dogs to kill one and savage another (the latter incident not mentioned in this week's column.) Her beloved Gracie and "Mini Puppy" are elderly now and won't be around much longer, but she already wants to adopt another "nervous collie" so no doubt the cycle would continue. If she got any more cats the RSPCA might start asking questions
Absolutely agree. She calls herself an animal lover and she is anything but. All of her animals sound nervous and distressed, and yeah- imagine the killing of the cat not only happening, but actually admitting to it in a national column. It's revolting.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Absolutely agree. She calls herself an animal lover and she is anything but. All of her animals sound nervous and distressed, and yeah- imagine the killing of the cat not only happening, but actually admitting to it in a national column. It's revolting.
This is after her dogs had savaged another cat; from which she learned nothing whatsoever and then got angry when readers contacted the Celia Hammond shelter where Liz adopted the cat

• Angry
Reactions: 7
And by her own accounts, her horses kept dropping dead and getting sick too. A self professed animal lover who fails to train them properly and lets them suffer unnecessarily - IMHO.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
And by her own accounts, her horses kept dropping dead and getting sick too. A self professed animal lover who fails to train them properly and lets them suffer unnecessarily - IMHO.
Liz is antivax / COVID-denier (as she's repeatedly indicated on Twitter) so it wouldn't surprise me that she doesn't believe in medicine for her animals either. She hired Nic to care for the horses on the strength of Nic having some kind of certificate in homeopathic remedies and also had a "homeopathic vet" for her farm animals

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Liz is antivax / COVID-denier (as she's repeatedly indicated on Twitter) so it wouldn't surprise me that she doesn't believe in medicine for her animals either. She hired Nic to care for the horses on the strength of Nic having some kind of certificate in homeopathic remedies and also had a "homeopathic vet" for her farm animals
it makes me angry that Celia Hammond didn;t check more about her background

• Angry
Reactions: 8
it makes me angry that Celia Hammond didn;t check more about her background
Celia doesn't seem to really care. Liz said that when readers started contacting Celia about the dogs savaging her rescue cat, Celia responded with "can we have an update? Do you think the dogs will do it again?" Liz said no and that was that

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I know she was ‘interviewed’ by Jo Good for her Dogs and the City podcast but can’t remember which dog was featured.

What has happened to the latest cat?🥺
So this week's diary has no mention of men, sex or anything like it. I'm sorry the poor cat is being put down. However, I'd be willing to put money on the change of subject being down to Jim Kerr's lawyers being on the case again :D

All my dogs (and most of my cats) have been rescues; my current dogs are from Romania and a couple have been traumatised. However, they most certainly don't behave like her dogs. I've been trying to get one to cross the threshold into the garden for six months and another is a lead refusenik, so they stay in the house or garden instead of walks - we live in the country so the garden is large. They are loving, welcoming to visitors, ask to go out or use the washable puppy pads. (I have to clear up after another though but she is very elderly with dementia and has simply forgotten or doesn't realise what she is doing.) I expect a standard of behaviour from them and they comply.

She simply doesn't bother to look after her animals properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Wasn't Eddy from Absolutely Fabulous based on Liz Jones? I'm sure Dawn French said she was.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
She doesn't seem to be a very nice person.
Her columns , while probably very exaggerated, seem to indicate she's shallow and materialistic with little common sense.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.