Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mention of horses reminds me of an old Mumsnet thread where someone claimed that they knew the previous owner of Liz's horse Nellie, who subsequently died a few weeks later - Liz wrote a couple of columns on the subject. According to the poster, Nellie's death was caused by Liz not caring for her properly, and the previous owner tried to launch legal action over Liz claiming in print that Nellie died from severe colic. It seems nothing came of that but still, sad yet predictable if true
Not only that, but the previous owner only found out about Nellie's death through reading the paper. Pretty cruel.

This week Liz resurrects the Rock Star and claims her "profound deafness" is caused by Ménière's Disease. Can't find any record of her ever mentioning this condition before ...
I haven't read her shite in ages, but I'm sure last time it was mentioned, her 'profound' deafness was blamed on measles?

Reactions: 2
I always just assumed it was someone really not famous. Sounds harsh but I cannot imagine anyone putting up with her in a relationship, she is so awful
But nobody really does.

She was married to this young and reluctant author - BTW never heard of him again after he published the book he wrote when he was with her - who she had to pay for and her last partner also lived off her and never really did anything for her.

I feel a bit sorry for her.

Reactions: 1
But nobody really does.

She was married to this young and reluctant author - BTW never heard of him again after he published the book he wrote when he was with her - who she had to pay for and her last partner also lived off her and never really did anything for her.

I would feel sorry for her, but she is so awful to everyone close to her, she is awful about her family

Reactions: 10
Particularly about her mother's decline into dementia and her sister who died. I note that the horrific article in the Fail no longer has the photo of Liz sitting in her coat next to the bed of her poor mother, sick, unaware and unable to give her consent to such an intrusion. It's been scrubbed, not even on the wayback machine. Good; poor Edna, that article was jaw-droppingly awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
But nobody really does.

Nirpal still writes for the Guardian occasionally. He's not heard of much in the UK because he moved to India and his career is now based there

David certainly wasn't an ideal partner for Liz, but given the way she spoke about him and all the stuff she published, she's not exactly innocent here. It also seemed from her column that he may have mental health problems which she did not seem concerned about. I remember one particular column where she boasted that he was shaky on his feet and she thought he might fall down the stairs to her cellar. Rather than put up a baby gate or something, or even just warn him about it she said she had yelled at him not to dare fall because "I REFUSE TO BE YOUR CARER!" Even if that was entirely fictional it's indicative of her mindset

Particularly about her mother's decline into dementia and her sister who died. I note that the horrific article in the Fail no longer has the photo of Liz sitting in her coat next to the bed of her poor mother, sick, unaware and unable to give her consent to such an intrusion. It's been scrubbed, not even on the wayback machine. Good; poor Edna, that article was jaw-droppingly awful.
It was pulled at the family's request. Liz went so far as to say - at least twice - that she was relieved her mother had dementia so Nirpal wouldn't find out Liz came from Essex or that she had lied abut her age.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
It was pulled at the family's request. Liz went so far as to say - at least twice - that she was relieved her mother had dementia so Nirpal wouldn't find out Liz came from Essex or that she had lied abut her age.
I'm so glad they did that - being great advocates for their mother. Shame they can't get the rest of that awful article deleted!

Reactions: 5
I'm so glad they did that - being great advocates for their mother. Shame they can't get the rest of that awful article deleted!
Liz claimed that they were so incensed by the article she wrote about her sister's death that they didn't invite her to the funeral and wouldn't even tell her where the grave was. If true, I have to say they admire them for that. I can't remember whether or not it was part of her "eulogy" but she did at one point call her sister desperate because she was in her 70s yet still wearing makeup and going on dates. Will Liz hang up her Hourglass primer and eyelash pins at 70 or this just another instance of her famous hypocrisy?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Liz claimed that they were so incensed by the article she wrote about her sister's death that they didn't invite her to the funeral and wouldn't even tell her where the grave was. If true, I have to say they admire them for that. I can't remember whether or not it was part of her "eulogy" but she did at one point call her sister desperate because she was in her 70s yet still wearing makeup and going on dates. Will Liz hang up her Hourglass primer and eyelash pins at 70 or this just another instance of her famous hypocrisy?
I didn’t know all this about her sister and her mother. How awful of her to invade their privacy.

Reactions: 6
Did you not see her “story” of being in a male model “sandwich” with the Kamen brothers in the Fail earlier this week following Nick Kamen’s passing? Has to jump in with a know doubt heavily exaggerated anecdote. I doubt Nick would’ve remembered meeting her.

Reactions: 7
Did you not see her “story” of being in a male model “sandwich” with the Kamen brothers in the Fail earlier this week following Nick Kamen’s passing? Has to jump in with a know doubt heavily exaggerated anecdote. I doubt Nick would’ve remembered meeting her.
I knew that the likes of her would have jumped on the “I met Nick Kamen” bandwagon. He most definitely would not have been able to recall her name, let alone remember the encounter. As for calling him an Essex Boy, he was only that because of the town he was brought up in. Nicky was brought up with impeccable manners and came from good family. He resembled nothing like the stereotypical Essex Boys of today. I know all this because my sister is married to one of his brothers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I knew that the likes of her would have jumped on the “I met Nick Kamen” bandwagon. He most definitely would not have been able to recall her name, let alone remember the encounter. As for calling him an Essex Boy, he was only that because of the town he was brought up in. Nicky was brought up with impeccable manners and came from good family. He resembled nothing like the stereotypical Essex Boys of today. I know all this because my sister is married to one of his brothers.
Condolences to you, your sister and your extended family. Nick and Barry gone way too young.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s so telling that no one has had a bad word to say about him. He sounds like a truly lovely man 🖤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s so telling that no one has had a bad word to say about him. He sounds like a truly lovely man 🖤
Nicky really was so sweet and kind. His brother (the one married to my sister) is very similar in nature. I absolutely adore my brother-in-law, he has time for everyone. 💜

I am so sad for my sister and her husband and the rest of his family. They had the Daily Mail outside their house last week doorstepping them. bleeping parasites the press are!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Nicky really was so sweet and kind. His brother (the one married to my sister) is very similar in nature. I absolutely adore my brother-in-law, he has time for everyone. 💜

I am so sad for my sister and her husband and the rest of his family. They had the Daily Mail outside their house last week doorstepping them. bleeping parasites the press are!
How vile, really sorry for you. I couldn’t believe they were posting pics of his flat, how do they get away with it? I might be wrong but he’d not been in the public eye for many years had he?

How vile, really sorry for you. I couldn’t believe they were posting pics of his flat, how do they get away with it? I might be wrong but he’d not been in the public eye for many years had he?
Nicky had not been in the public eye for many many years.

They ask leading questions and re-write the story from the answers given. 🙄 How they also found their address is also a mystery too.

If ever something happens in your life whereby the press and media get involved, do not say a word to them. They will mis-quote you, they won’t care, they need a story that is all they care about.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Nicky had not been in the public eye for many many years.

They ask leading questions and re-write the story from the answers given. 🙄 How they also found their address is also a mystery too.

If ever something happens in your life whereby the press and media get involved, do not say a word to them. They will mis-quote you, they won’t care, they need a story that is all they care about.
Always keep your name out of the electoral roll. There are a very small group of people whose names don't appear on any version of the roll, then there's the full roll to which council and election workers have access, and then there's the public roll of which anyone can buy a copy.

Reactions: 9

So sorry for your family's loss.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.