Liz Jones #2 Nobody puts the Myla Thong in a corner!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
they are so traumatised that they won't obey even simple commands, so how does she trust them to be reliable?
The man who complained to the Rescue Service that gave her Teddy.. he’s been a regular commentator in ‘Diary Comments’ of late? He trashed her stance about Covid and her treatment of David over the gifting fiasco.
If Andrew Doe exists and legitimately contacted Steph at the rescue then they were terribly wrong to break his confidentiality and give his letter to Liz. Surely Steph could have investigated these claims without revealing his identity? It’s beyond unprofessional.
Sigh.. if any of this is true.
I find myself suspicious of most of the content in her column now. She’s been called out about a the help of a Farrier on New Years.. folk with horses saying horses are not likely to be shoed( they’re not ridden) nor would farrier have come out.She conveniently missed out Gracie’s cat killing and biting of walkers.
I found myself wondering if she might have invented the complaint, Andrew Doe etc. Any form of attention works for her, even negative. If it was truly serious even she wouldn’t have mentioned him by name in her column.Perhaps she on sauce again though?
She loves nothing more than the Poor Me stance. Liz Jones against the world…

Reactions: 5
The man who complained to the Rescue Service that gave her Teddy.. he’s been a regular commentator in ‘Diary Comments’ of late? He trashed her stance about Covid and her treatment of David over the gifting fiasco.
If Andrew Doe exists and legitimately contacted Steph at the rescue then they were terribly wrong to break his confidentiality and give his letter to Liz. Surely Steph could have investigated these claims without revealing his identity? It’s beyond unprofessional.
Sigh.. if any of this is true.
I find myself suspicious of most of the content in her column now. She’s been called out about a the help of a Farrier on New Years.. folk with horses saying horses are not likely to be shoed( they’re not ridden) nor would farrier have come out.She conveniently missed out Gracie’s cat killing and biting of walkers.
I found myself wondering if she might have invented the complaint, Andrew Doe etc. Any form of attention works for her, even negative. If it was truly serious even she wouldn’t have mentioned him by name in her column.Perhaps she on sauce again though?
She loves nothing more than the Poor Me stance. Liz Jones against the world…
There is an Andrew G Doe who is known as a huge fan of the Beach Boys, ran a popular fansite and co-wrote a book about them. If he's commenting on Liz's articles regularly it could well be him. I think it's possible she did fabricate the complaint but either way, she's naming someone who really does exist, has said he's bullying her and threatened (on her podcast) to sue him. Liz said she did not believe it was his real name but a quick Google would show that there's a real Andrew G Doe - even if it's an alias, he is an identifiable person

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think it's possible she did fabricate the complaint but either way, she's naming someone who really does exist, has said he's bullying her and threatened (on her podcast) to sue him.
At this point my mind is addled by all the half truth and lies of omission. Yes I can see that it may well be the Beach Boys expert, I just find it incredible that she’s (award winning journalist!!!!?)naming someone on a podcast and making threats to sue him on air. Her identifying Russell the Tour Guide was bad enough but now she’s actually gone further.

Ah, so they HAVE let through comments pointing out that Liz herself admitted to leaving her dogs in the car on a hot day
Welp, there are these two bits of info online about dogs, spas and cars that contradict LJ's alternative facts. We live in a post truth world, don't we LJ? Except for t'internet. Her original piece was published 1st July 2018 and the readers responses on the 8th. Apparently.

Attachments

• Sick
At this point my mind is addled by all the half truth and lies of omission. Yes I can see that it may well be the Beach Boys expert, I just find it incredible that she’s (award winning journalist!!!!?)naming someone on a podcast and making threats to sue him on air. Her identifying Russell the Tour Guide was bad enough but now she’s actually gone further.
Caught up in her own self-righteousness. Like someone said further up the thread, she wanted to sue the person on Mumsnet that claimed they saw her taking cocaine at a party, but her editor told her it would be too expensive. That indicates they thought Liz would lose the case so there's obviously more to the story? Similarly, if she really has proof that someone at the Evening Standard tweeted about her "having sex with her cats", what was there to stop her taking it to court? When in a hole, STOP DIGGING.

That indicates they thought Liz would lose the case so there's obviously more to the story?
She also claims to have ‘won’ against the previous owner of Nellie, the elderly race horse who appeared to have a dreadful prolonged death in her care. Mumsnet printed excepts of the owner’s letter of complaint and the details were awful. The main thrust of the arguments against Jones is that time and time again she claims to know better than experts, vets, previous owners etc. She follows her own barmy rules about feeding, no training and treating animals like babies.
Yet when it’s not convenient.. if her social/ sex life picks up they will be offloaded onto others? Think of the poor elderly cats who were given to David, all died in quick succession. I could hardly bear to read about that episode.Who gives an elderly cat away?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
She also claims to have ‘won’ against the previous owner of Nellie, the elderly race horse who appeared to have a dreadful prolonged death in her care. Mumsnet printed excepts of the owner’s letter of complaint and the details were awful. The main thrust of the arguments against Jones is that time and time again she claims to know better than experts, vets, previous owners etc. She follows her own barmy rules about feeding, no training and treating animals like babies.
Yet when it’s not convenient.. if her social/ sex life picks up they will be offloaded onto others? Think of the poor elderly cats who were given to David, all died in quick succession. I could hardly bear to read about that episode.Who gives an elderly cat away?
She said she gave one cat to Nic and one to David, iirc? because she "couldn't trust" her dogs with the cats after Gracie killed one of them. Which happened after her dogs had already mauled another cat (non-fatally) and she basically did nothing about it

Reactions: 7
She said she gave one cat to Nic and one to David, iirc? because she "couldn't trust" her dogs with the cats after Gracie killed one of them. Which happened after her dogs had already mauled another cat (non-fatally) and she basically did nothing about it
It’s getting to the stage, despite all the cozy pics she posts of the collies on Twitter when she’s actually advertised these dogs as a liability to other animals and people. Through no fault of their own, collies as a group of four(now?)will develop a pack mentality, untrained and out for stimulation. She talks about Teddy enjoying the horses. Do the horses enjoy him running about their ankles?Are they trained not to go after young children or bikes? Another accident waiting to happen. She should think before she stirs the pot with Mr Doe..

Reactions: 11
It’s getting to the stage, despite all the cozy pics she posts of the collies on Twitter when she’s actually advertised these dogs as a liability to other animals and people. Through no fault of their own, collies as a group of four(now?)will develop a pack mentality, untrained and out for stimulation. She talks about Teddy enjoying the horses. Do the horses enjoy him running about their ankles?Are they trained not to go after young children or bikes? Another accident waiting to happen. She should think before she stirs the pot with Mr Doe..
The cat-mauling was very similar to this actually. She wrote that readers had complained to Celia Hammond, who gave her the cat as a rescue. According to Liz (ha, haha, ha!) Celia got in touch with her and offered a mealy "can we have an update? Do you think the dogs will do it again?" Liz said no, and then Grace went on to kill one of her cats. She was whining at that time as well about "I've protected my cat all her life and mean people want her taken away from me!" Did Liz learn anything at all from this episode? LOL no

She is indeed back up to four collies now with the addition of Teddy. We know "Grace Kelly" isn't trained not to go after bikes because Liz has written that it's happened before!

she might find herself in a courtroom if her dogs cause harm or injury to a person or someone's pet, but you know she would just try to victim blame, really wish that she could actually have to deal with real consequences of her idiotic behaviour.

she might find herself in a courtroom if her dogs cause harm or injury to a person or someone's pet, but you know she would just try to victim blame, really wish that she could actually have to deal with real consequences of her idiotic behaviour.
The podcast was all about "why does no one face consequences for lying about me?!" Why doesn't Liz face consequences for lying OR failing to control her dogs?

Reactions: 9
The cat-mauling was very similar to this actually. She wrote that readers had complained to Celia Hammond, who gave her the cat as a rescue. According to Liz (ha, haha, ha!) Celia got in touch with her and offered a mealy "can we have an update? Do you think the dogs will do it again?" Liz said no, and then Grace went on to kill one of her cats. She was whining at that time as well about "I've protected my cat all her life and mean people want her taken away from me!" Did Liz learn anything at all from this episode? LOL no

She is indeed back up to four collies now with the addition of Teddy. We know "Grace Kelly" isn't trained not to go after bikes because Liz has written that it's happened before!
This is the description of the cat mauling of Sweetie.. it is disgusting reading and abject cruelty of animals. She still has some of those dogs? Mr Doe has clearly read these kind of articles about her history with rescues.

• Sad
  • Sick
This is the description of the cat mauling of Sweetie.. it is disgusting reading and abject cruelty of animals. She still has some of those dogs? Mr Doe has clearly read these kind of articles about her history with rescues.
Yes she does, she still has Gracie (which killed her other cat, Leo) and "Mini Puppy" (fully grown elderly dog). Michael is the dog Liz refers to as Sam in this week's column, he's the one that ate the neighbour's sheep so she knew he could be dangerous

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Just reading that the police were also involved when one of the dogs nipped/lunged at a person. She received a warning about keeping her dogs under control. I had collies all through my childhood and young adulthood. Through firmness and kindness they need to know who is boss. They are so clever that they do try to get the upper hand.. she appears to forget that they could if provoked turn on her as a pack. She has already said that they are never chastised..it sounds like chaos.

Reactions: 8
Just reading that the police were also involved when one of the dogs nipped/lunged at a person. She received a warning about keeping her dogs under control. I had collies all through my childhood and young adulthood. Through firmness and kindness they need to know who is boss. They are so clever that they do try to get the upper hand.. she appears to forget that they could if provoked turn on her as a pack. She has already said that they are never chastised..it sounds like chaos.
She keeps saying no one else is affected except her or it's no one's business. It is someone's business if your dog bites them, eats their sheep, or destroys their property. Or if they "stress wee" and wreak havoc in the shop/restaurant where you said they were "hearing dogs" so you could bring them in. It is someone's business if you're driving during one of your dizzy spells and you're just around the next bend

Good to see on the comments in the Mail that people are pulling her up about it though. Plenty think she is the worlds best animal rescuer, but plenty think she is a disaster too.

I don't believe for one minute Liz would harm any animal in her care but she truly has no idea how to train or care for them. Collies are intelligent dogs and need to be kept active, disciplined and busy not cooped up in a tiny cottage with nothing to do or passed onto Nic to look after. They are the worst possible breed that she could have, certainly in the numbers she has. I'm surprised the rehoming centre didn't do their homework more thoroughly, a quick 5 minute google about her would have told them everything 😔

Last edited:
I don't believe for one minute Liz would harm any animal in her care but she truly has no idea how to train or care for them. Collies are intelligent dogs and need to be kept active, disciplined and busy not cooped up in a tiny cottage with nothing to do or passed onto Nic to look after. They are the worst possible breed that she could have, certainly in the numbers she has. I'm surprised the rehoming centre didn't do their homework more thoroughly, a quick 5 minute google about her would have told them everything 😔
The problem is that she acts on her own emotional needs not theirs? She likes to see them eating human food clearly and claiming every spare inch of her house. She sees that as caring.. it’s not. Dogs, especially collies like order and to know their place. It’s calming for them. So she does harm them, they are out of sync and babied. It’s like Witchofwestbyfleet said earlier.. she got in a car repeatedly with apparent vertigo and describe how she could no longer judge distances. I’m sure she doesn’t want to kill someone in a road accident but she still got in her car? She may not intentionally want to hurt her animals but if Gracie bites a small child then the dog will be put down? So why didn’t she train them…? My take on it is she is so narcissistic she thinks she knows best, in every situation, all the time.. better than her peers, her family, her colleagues,the vet,her readers, her exes…it’s truly dangerous.

An interesting comment on the Diary today has got me thinking.
Surely the animal rescue charity have committed a breach of data protection by forwarding the message to Liz with the name of the complainant?

Reactions: 10
The problem is that she acts on her own emotional needs not theirs? She likes to see them eating human food clearly and claiming every spare inch of her house. She sees that as caring.. it’s not. Dogs, especially collies like order and to know their place. It’s calming for them. So she does harm them, they are out of sync and babied. It’s like Witchofwestbyfleet said earlier.. she got in a car repeatedly with apparent vertigo and describe how she could no longer judge distances. I’m sure she doesn’t want to kill someone in a road accident but she still got in her car? She may not intentionally want to hurt her animals but if Gracie bites a small child then the dog will be put down? So why didn’t she train them…? My take on it is she is so narcissistic she thinks she knows best, in every situation, all the time.. better than her peers, her family, her colleagues,the vet,her readers, her exes…it’s truly dangerous.
I think the fact she calls them fur babies says it all..............

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.