Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ECH

VIP Member
One thing that's making me think there is trouble in paradise is she never used to credit whoever took photos of her on her blog, presumably because it was Joe. However, her last few posts have credits on them to a different photographer.

Reactions: 6

slugella

VIP Member
The deleting of socials was what made me think it too!
Why though? Because he could hide it by just not mentioning/posting about them? Not saying you're wrong just curious on why you think this. :giggle:

I'm so nosey I want to know what happened :ROFLMAO: though she of course doesn't owe it to her followers to go into it. I do hope she is OK, like others have said she seems to have a great support network who will help her through.

Reactions: 6

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I have read that statistically speaking, the most likely time for a man to cheat is when his partner is pregnant or has a baby 👀

No indication that’s what’s happened here but it’s a cliché for a reason.

I also believe many people have doubts about their relationship but don’t feel they have enough of a reason to break up so go on to get engaged and then married. Happens a lot around the given ‘settling down’ age of a community (28-29 for my social circle). Sunk cost fallacy if you have been together for a while by that point, with one person keen to hit the next milestone. Then the pressure of a baby blows it wide open.

Reactions: 5

TGreece76

I am so sick of every single Mum influencer parading around in an Artipoppe baby carrier. Like clones. I have ever seen a non influencer wear one, they seem to be made for vain Insta Mums only.

clueless

Chatty Member
Liv is the only influencer I pay any attention to nowadays. She is still able to capture some of that charm from the OG blogger days, which I have a bit of nostalgia for.

I used to watch her youtube when she was active there and I agree with another poster here about Joe’s vibe being off. In many of the videos it’s obvious Liv is a people pleaser and generally puts a positive spin on things, whereas Joe was huffy, attention seeking, and seemed to make passive condescending remarks to liv all the time and dim her light a bit. I remember thinking she deserved a lot better at the time.

But then again youtube was only a small snippet into their life and may not have painted much of a picture. Although, it did strike me odd that Joe would present himself in such a way in front of the camera - made me wonder if that’s how he came across when being somewhat self-aware I wouldn’t like to be around him IRL.
BIB: I thought the same. I remember him being like that in some videos, and I can't remember what exactly it was now, but I recall Liv showing a IG Story video of their Christmas Day (in lockdown) and he made a barbed comment/joke with a jibe towards her which took me aback a bit, I thought it was quite nasty.

• Sad

ECH

VIP Member
Idk if anyone caught it but yesterday she posted a pic of Arlo (he was sat on the grass somewhere) and Joe posted the same pic on his stories, so it seems all is well for them.

• Heart

slugella

VIP Member
I think Liv is one of the more tolerable influencers but she goes sooo hard on the "I'm so uncool tho, listen to my dad jokes" sort of image I'm assuming in an effort to be relatable but it is getting a bit old lol. She did it in a story again a week or so ago in the ad she did with Carrie for triumph and in the IG story it was talking about the underwear and I can't remember exactly but was something along the lines of "well they're not as supportive about my dad jokes but neither is Carrie tbh!" I remember being like what that doesn't even make any sense lol.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Her ability to just get on with things has always impressed me. This current situation being a huge case in point (if it is the case, of course). And again you never truly know but it does look as though she has a solid crew around her in any case.

ECH

VIP Member
Maggie was Liv's dog before she was theirs, so I don't think Joe would take her. I do wonder if her parents have taken Maggie though if she's got Arlo on her own.

yoyokk85

Lucie deleted her Instagram a while ago, so I don't think it's related to this. She just got married not too long ago and she's older than Joe so I feel like it might be a privacy thing as her life changes rather than related to Joe.
Her account was definitely still live a week ago as I’ve followed her for ages.

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I wonder though… in her Q&A today she says Arlo gets into bed with ‘me’ rather than ‘us’ and her answer about raising a boy makes no reference to Joe as his dad or what they might to together (e.g. not set household roles by gender) which I find a little weird? Granted the point of the Q&A is that it’s from her perspective but it feels a little deliberate. I would be willing to bet she got at least one question about Joe (although she doesn’t owe anyone any information she doesn’t want to share)

Agree that these monogamous relationships from teenage years can be intense & quite often one person wonders what they’re missing out on…

Him deleting his socials hints to me that there is a third person involved on his part. I’ve seen countless men deactivating social accounts after being caught in a last ditch attempt to make it “work” but often the woman can’t see past the betrayal.
The deleting of socials was what made me think it too!

d0llhouse

Nearly all of them do it to some extent, unfortunately. Estee Lalonde has casually mentioned her assistant handling her Depop (lots of never-before-seen designer pieces with tags still attached), Lizzy Hadfield used to mention her mum managing her eBay account etc. They are quieter about it these days and imply everything they sell is ‘preloved’ or bought with their own money. Spoiler alert: it’s not.

cashedupbogan

VIP Member
Reading that article, you would never known she had ever been married. She makes it sound like she found the house with the help of her mum and moved in there alone. She talks about redecorating the front room, which happened soon after they announced their split, if I recall, and she's made it into a much more feminine space. This seems like the obvious space to mention her marriage split - but it seems like she doesn't want to mention it at all and has possibly also asked the journalist to omit any mention. Maybe this is her way of dealing with the split, but it does feel like Joe has been somewhat erased from her life, and makes me think that there's more to their split than simply 'growing apart.'

The above is not meant to be critical of her - it's just an observation. I know she likes to keep things private.
I see where you're coming from but considering this article is for a homewares store, I can fully understand why there's no mention of being married before or the breakup.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Fair play to whoever called her out after posting about the environment & climate change - it’s well expressed and sincere. Influencers’ livelihoods revolve around unnecessary consumerism and there is a lot of turning a blind eye going on. The response is word salad but at least she acknowledged it

Attachments

slugella

VIP Member
If all this talk of a separation is true, then I have to say I completely missed it. I just had a look through Liv's IG and still didn't pick up on it. I guess I don't follow Liv all that closely even though I have known of her/read her blog for years. If they have split, then I feel it might have been a sudden split rather than a more gradual thing. They went on holiday to the US a few months back where Liv seemed happy and spoke of their 'first family holiday' etc. There was certainly no sign that anything was amiss on that holiday, but then I noticed from looking through her IG just now that it was soon after that she stopped wearing her wedding ring. It seems strange to split up just after a (seemingly happy) family holiday.I wonder what went down? I expect we'll never know. Maybe I'm wrong and it was a gradual thing - it is difficult to tell just from IG.
Yeah they seemed so perfect! Just shows how you can never tell on IG, a few couples I know who always seemed the happiest based on social media split up recently and it came out that there was a lot of drama/unhappiness behind the scenes.

I hope she's OK. She makes me cringe a bit with how she trys to portray the "I'm so awkward and uncool" thing so hard lol, but I do really like following her and she seems really sweet.