Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Walkthehemline

I really feel for her. To go from a (well, seemingly) idyllic life with a childhood sweetheart, buying a lovely house, having a dream wedding and a beautiful baby … to becoming a single mother, living alone with her young child and trying to balance work and maintaining her value as an influencer with caring for him... Its a level of emotional upheaval I can’t even comprehend. She’s not even 30 years old.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Sianxo

I’ve always really liked Liv and her content, I’ve followed her on Insta for what feels like years and years now. And I have to say, as genuinely sad as I was to see that her and Joe were over, I think the split has made her even more likeable. I don’t know why, but her content and just how she is coming across feels so much more real now, like she’s really being herself in a way. I think she will do fine without Joe, if anything, I think he might have been holding her back from doing so much stuff. Even just seeing how she is making their house all her own now is not only relatable, but I am genuinely happy for her. She is still so young with so much ahead of her! She is already a good example of how life can carry on after a very long-term relationship. I imagine being together from such a young age and then splitting up must have been really scary for her. It’s really lovely to see that she’s finally able to just do things her way, this is probably the first time in her adult life where she’s had to really think about what she wants. Whatever happened between them, I think she’s coming across better than ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

bellbells16

VIP Member
Could never be an influencer with people zooming in on you and critiquing every tiny little thing about your appearance.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
To me it seems like he might be working for the brand, not there as an influencer but as a photographer. Who knows though.

Thing is, whilst what she’s going through is absolutely shit, what is even more shit is that this is what routinely happens to mums when they split. They sit and watch their partner quickly meet someone else (often younger and child free) and they’re left with the kid almost full time, doing the ‘boring’ bits of parenting - ie midweek parenting and not just turning up at weekends collecting the child for fun activities. And often they’re left with all the damage having a baby has done to your body and self esteem. Whilst they’re partner appears coupled up with someone new.

If that is what’s happened to Liv then thats shit. But she knows and has mentioned how caring her followers are so to drip feed cryptic messages to them seems a little unfair. Either share the full story, wait until you’re ready to talk about it, or don’t share it at all.

Reactions: 23

LDNBinge

Liv seems to have had a re-evaluation of her identity recently - esp. after her intense labour and early motherhood experience all whilst lockdown was happening.

Publicly it looks like Liv + Joe have had a very stable, almost sheltered, life - been together since high school, bought a home close enough to where they both grew up, Liv’s cushy influencer job (which Joe was intertwined with), married, baby… you get my drift. But it may have set them up for failure in the long run esp. when challenged with change as very little emotional resilience may have been built... I’m just nosey and speculating at this point of course.

I don't know why, but I'm kind of sad they've split - their family did seem so perfect.

Reactions: 23

LDNBinge

Liv is the only influencer I pay any attention to nowadays. She is still able to capture some of that charm from the OG blogger days, which I have a bit of nostalgia for.

I used to watch her youtube when she was active there and I agree with another poster here about Joe’s vibe being off. In many of the videos it’s obvious Liv is a people pleaser and generally puts a positive spin on things, whereas Joe was huffy, attention seeking, and seemed to make passive condescending remarks to liv all the time and dim her light a bit. I remember thinking she deserved a lot better at the time.

But then again youtube was only a small snippet into their life and may not have painted much of a picture. Although, it did strike me odd that Joe would present himself in such a way in front of the camera - made me wonder if that’s how he came across when being somewhat self-aware I wouldn’t like to be around him IRL.

Reactions: 22

tatty400

Liv talking about being out on a ‘school night’ like she has to be up at 6am for an early shift at Morrisons 😂 She literally gets paid to go to Lucy Williams multimillion pound house, eat some food and fawn over an overpriced candle. When that is your job, school nights don’t exist.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
I’ve long thought she lives quite a paired back lifestyle compared to some influencers, mainly in terms of her house. She’s not splashed out on something obscene that she’d have to sell, I know it won’t have been cheap but I imagine she’d probably be able to buy him out and keep it if she wanted to stay.

She is the only influencer I can think of who hasn’t changed a lot and I mean that in a good way. I follow her for the same reasons, style and content that I did 6/7 years ago. I admire that she doesn’t seem desperate to morph in to whatever is on trend at the moment.

• Heart

slugella

VIP Member
Sorry know it’s not a rave thread but a shout out to Liv and all influencers who use a rota of female photographers and constantly give them shout outs. That is what paying it forward and women supporting women actually is, not the lip service or closed loop we get from a lot of influencers ✌
Agree with this :giggle: and I think comments praising are fair enough! I think threads where people get rattled when any good things are mentioned just makes this place look hateful.

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Joe definitely seems like the one who desperately wants to be seen “winning” the divorce, usually by immediately taking up with a younger, “hotter” partner, accelerating how serious it is, forcing them on the kid/s too soon while telling everyone in their orbit “I’ve never been happier!!!”. But meanwhile behind closed doors it’s panic stations and and a creeping coke habit or some other vice to try and stay in denial.

I hope Liv stays the course, takes her time to rebuild herself and doesn’t settle for less than she deserves. It’s a marathon not a sprint. It does seem like she has solid, real friendships and a supportive family and I think that does go a long way.

bellbells16

VIP Member
I just came here after seeing her post as I was shocked but you guys have been in it for months (tattle is always ahead!) It definitely seems like a spilt announcement if you read between the lines and I did notice too that she didn’t mention getting married as one of her milestones shared. I was taping through her stories the other day and saw her friend helping her paint her sitting room which I thought was weird. And yeah they also aren’t following each other anymore. Sad. They were a very cute couple and seemed to have the dream life most people would crave. It goes to show that you never know.

• Sad
Reactions: 20

majestic26

VIP Member
I do really feel for her. I follow a few threads on here that have gone quite wild after the breakup of a long-term relationship (Carrie Hope Fletcher, now married (?!?!?), Hannah Gale, now trying to force her Tinder boyfriend into becoming a family unit with her young kids) and in comparison Liv is dealing with it in a very mature way.

She seems very committed to Arlo and it can't leave much time for dating. She seems to be having a tough time adjusting, so it must feel like a kick in the teeth that Joe has become semi-serious with someone else already. I wonder if their divorce is even finalised?

Reactions: 19
I don't feel sad for her. I actually feel happy for her. I am sure it's been challenging but she seems to have great friends, her son is cute and she has a great career. She is a catch and she will fall in love again with someone great I am sure!

Reactions: 19

majestic26

VIP Member
I'm really curious about it too. Their relationship must have been in quite a state for them to call it quits so soon after getting married, and with the baby barely even 1.

Having babies does strange things to relationships - if there are already issues it will blow them wide open. My relationship has taken a turn since having kids, for a while it's felt like we are just housemates who have children together. But I know it's just a season of my life and I believe it will pass and there'll be a time when we can start to rebuild. For Liv and Joe to call it a day not even a year into parenting, their problems must have been longstanding.

Reactions: 18

clueless

Chatty Member
I wonder this too and also find myself wondering if Joe was a toxic person. I noticed glimmers of rudeness towards Liv in some of her videos, one of them being their lockdown Christmas Day dinner post where she was pregnant and he spoke down to her (I can't actually remember what he said but I remember it being quite sharp and feeling quite shocked at him speaking to her like that, does anyone else remember? I checked her highlights and the dinner is there but not the video of them where he said something)... if he was speaking down to her on camera what might he have been like off camera?

Opining here but I think he might have been jealous of her and her successes. She has done very well - successful blog, Instagram, YouTube, her podcast was #1 in the UK for a while and she has had lots of great collabs, she's written a book, designed jewellery, stationery etc... he graduated in finance/accounts and either didn't try or didn't get a job related to it, but got into photography and even that was largely made possible through Liv. She brought so much more to the table in that regard and maybe he felt emasculated or something.

And when Liv posted about 'Why Did You Stay?' being her book of the year 2022, I thought that said a lot and was maybe a bit of a hint as well?

It's all very sad :( I'm glad she is surrounded by such good friends and her family but time is always the best healer.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Yeah they have definitely split up. Liv acts like a single mother day-to-day, and she isn’t really trying to hide it either.
I know this wouldn’t feel relevant to her now, but she’s still very young, vibrant, and a warm, engaging, bright woman and I think she should ‘enjoy’ a few single years and then she can easily fall in love, this time as an adult woman with someone really suited to her and even have more children if she wants to. I imagine this is a crazy time for her to even contemplate that sort of thing, but she seems to be staying strong and seeing friends and building a nice life for herself and her baby, and I feel this could all work out for her for the better.

No offence intended to anyone with a similar story as there are always exceptions, but I do find it odd to stay with someone you met SO young, since really you’re basically children, and so you stay with someone you were into at that age… idk.

Reactions: 17

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
It would also not surprise me if they naively thought they would have a calm, mature divorce where they focus on co-parenting and accepting some relationships aren’t meant to last, blah blah blah. But someone has put a foot wrong (usually a financial overstep, hiring an aggressive lawyer, one of them has shagged a mutual friend) and it’s all gone tits up. Often the way it goes sadly.

Reactions: 17