Liv Purvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Liv, she seems very sweet but the fact she is wearing nearly £900 of gifted items in her last picture really annoys me - the companies gifting to these “influencers” piss me off and would deter me from buying from them! Not the other way around! And I am sure her beautiful wedding dress was gifted too £4K+!

Reactions: 3
I really like Liv, she seems very sweet but the fact she is wearing nearly £900 of gifted items in her last picture really annoys me - the companies gifting to these “influencers” piss me off and would deter me from buying from them! Not the other way around! And I am sure her beautiful wedding dress was gifted too £4K+!
I agree, she seems like a nice person and I enjoy a lot of her content. It’s difficult to be an influencer and not look greedy and narcissistic. She’s barely given birth to her baby and she’s out promoting a £1k+ pram and designer baby carriers. Usually new Mums take some time off from work to be in their baby bubble but influencers can’t do that, it’s like Christmas for retailers - their busiest time when they can rake in the most money!

I think Liv gets it right more often than not, and generally strikes a pretty good tone. But yeah, thinking that she might have got that buggy for free or been paid to post about it did make me a feel resentful. I find expensive baby product content far more alienating than other kinds of advert or sponsored content - it ends up tying in to mum guilt!

Reactions: 7
I used to like her style but whats the deal with the neckerchief? It make me cringe so much. Ok she does seem like a nice person but everything is an “ad/press sample” it should be her middle name. Her wedding was pretty much gifted her nursery wallpaper cost £250 a roll - pretty sure that was gifted too.. i used to find her relatable but shes just another sales person really. It really winds me up how much stuff “influencers” get for free when theres so many people out there struggling and she must get paid hundreds if not thousands for one post / story.

Reactions: 4
I am so sick of every single Mum influencer parading around in an Artipoppe baby carrier. Like clones. I have ever seen a non influencer wear one, they seem to be made for vain Insta Mums only.

Reactions: 5
I am so sick of every single Mum influencer parading around in an Artipoppe baby carrier. Like clones. I have ever seen a non influencer wear one, they seem to be made for vain Insta Mums only.
Came here to say this. They are unjustifiably expensive....and Liv just said she hopes to be using it for a long time....good luck getting your baby in there in a few months time. It's ridiculous how expensive they are and only inwards face.

Reactions: 2
Came here to say this. They are unjustifiably expensive....and Liv just said she hopes to be using it for a long time....good luck getting your baby in there in a few months time. It's ridiculous how expensive they are and only inwards face.
A normal Mum wouldn’t spend hundreds on a baby carrier that only faces inwards. Liv will have a gifted new one by the time her baby wants to face out though 😑

Fair play to whoever called her out after posting about the environment & climate change - it’s well expressed and sincere. Influencers’ livelihoods revolve around unnecessary consumerism and there is a lot of turning a blind eye going on. The response is word salad but at least she acknowledged it

Attachments

Fair play to whoever called her out after posting about the environment & climate change - it’s well expressed and sincere. Influencers’ livelihoods revolve around unnecessary consumerism and there is a lot of turning a blind eye going on. The response is word salad but at least she acknowledged it
I think she’s struggling with the pressure of influencer life. But like many, she is in too deep now and it pays the bills.

I really like Liv and have followed her for many years. Yes she's pretty privileged but she's quite humble too. She's been so honest and open about parenting. She's naturally very pretty and not false like many influencers.

Reactions: 1
I think Liv is one of the more tolerable influencers but she goes sooo hard on the "I'm so uncool tho, listen to my dad jokes" sort of image I'm assuming in an effort to be relatable but it is getting a bit old lol. She did it in a story again a week or so ago in the ad she did with Carrie for triumph and in the IG story it was talking about the underwear and I can't remember exactly but was something along the lines of "well they're not as supportive about my dad jokes but neither is Carrie tbh!" I remember being like what that doesn't even make any sense lol.

I think Liv is one of the more tolerable influencers but she goes sooo hard on the "I'm so uncool tho, listen to my dad jokes" sort of image I'm assuming in an effort to be relatable but it is getting a bit old lol. She did it in a story again a week or so ago in the ad she did with Carrie for triumph and in the IG story it was talking about the underwear and I can't remember exactly but was something along the lines of "well they're not as supportive about my dad jokes but neither is Carrie tbh!" I remember being like what that doesn't even make any sense lol.
Agree. I generally like Liv and her Insta stories and posts, she has lovely style (even if her clothes are a little out of my price range!). But she goes too hard on the “I’m so not cool” vibe. Constantly mentioning her dad jokes and being a “Nan”. I think she’s afraid of offending people too as there’s a lot of stories where she’ll voice and opinion and says something like “not that there’s anything wrong with that of course”. Have an opinion and own it!

I do feel a bit proud of her however for persevering with her driving though.

I don’t get this “i’m really burnt out” rubbish. She’s literally done nothing but have coastal holidays with her pals, all at some brands expense no doubt. “I’m really struggling blah blah… oh btw heres an advert for Very” does she live in her bedroom?! It’s the only room in her house she posts pictures of.

She hasn’t got a clue what it’s like to be burnt out or struggle. Unfollowed.

Reactions: 2
I don’t get this “i’m really burnt out” rubbish. She’s literally done nothing but have coastal holidays with her pals, all at some brands expense no doubt. “I’m really struggling blah blah… oh btw heres an advert for Very” does she live in her bedroom?! It’s the only room in her house she posts pictures of.

She hasn’t got a clue what it’s like to be burnt out or struggle. Unfollowed.
She's got a kid though. I think maybe since she's become a mum she feels like she's lost the cool indie kid vibe she slightly had. I feel very uncool these days too to be honest 😂

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know if Liv Purvis has announced getting divorced from her husband? She no longer wears a wedding/engagement ring and doesn’t ever mention him anymore, so wondering if I missed an announcement! She used to mention him quite a bit and has just stopped the past few months. She’s made sure to include her left hand in majority of her photos lately so I feel like it’s been her way of making it obvious to people!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Does anyone know if Liv Purvis has announced getting divorced from her husband? She no longer wears a wedding/engagement ring and doesn’t ever mention him anymore, so wondering if I missed an announcement! She used to mention him quite a bit and has just stopped the past few months. She’s made sure to include her left hand in majority of her photos lately so I feel like it’s been her way of making it obvious to people!
I don’t know but her and Joe were together since secondary school but I did wonder. As she was quite a home girl. The fact she’s had lots of girlie weekends too.Everything is kept private though and she doesn’t mention Arlo either.

I know we don’t really know any of these people (influencers) from a bar of soap but I would still find it disheartening if their marriage hasn’t worked out 😢
They both seemed like good eggs and I like the way Liv balances her content. And she has the rare skill of being able to talk about things frankly and openly without it turning into a massive moan or pity party.
You really never know what’s going on behind closed doors. I hope she’s ok.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I know we don’t really know any of these people (influencers) from a bar of soap but I would still find it disheartening if their marriage hasn’t worked out 😢
They both seemed like good eggs and I like the way Liv balances her content. And she has the rare skill of being able to talk about things frankly and openly without it turning into a massive moan or pity party.
You really never know what’s going on behind closed doors. I hope she’s ok.
Exactly my thoughts… she is probably one of my favourites. She’s so humble despite being from a fairly well off family.

• Heart