Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LoveShock

Didn’t Lucie only get married like a month or so ago and Liv was a bridesmaid?

I’d imagine it’d put a dampener on your big day if you knew your close friend and brother were about to divorce while you were celebrating getting married.

Reactions: 1

Cobbles

When these influencers spend their younger years putting their whole lives online, it can be difficult for them to then step back and re-establish a boundary. Their followers feel like they know them and they feel shortchanged when they're being held at arm's length all of a sudden. Think that's what's happened to Liv, which is why it feels a bit trite for her to be suddenly writing about heartbreak - she's spent a good few years trying to take the personal side out of her work. Now engagement has dropped and she's realising that exposing your personal life is unfortunately what gets likes.
Yes, completely agree. I bet she saw a big uplift in readers/engagement for that heartbreak post (which actually was quite a lot of word salad).

Roseannanna

I'd be willing to write off the not wearing rings thing since anything could have happened - weight gain, weight loss, etc. She did mention Joe in a blog post at the end of May when she was talking about her birthing experience, and I feel like she wouldn't have casually mentioned him if they weren't together? It's not something that was integral to the story (I know Joe is obviously the reason she gave birth), it was a comment about asking Joe to get her some food or something. I think that and her constantly hanging out with his sisters suggests they're still together.
She has mentioned Arlo, and put up posts about him lately. Or showing their dinners (just hers and his). Just dawned on me one day that she no longer posted Joe and then I noticed the rings (or lack of). She would have posted pictures of him in her stories quite a bit. Liv is one of my faves so I feel a bit dirty bringing it up. She’s always seemed like she has a right just get on with it type of attitude, and manages to be relatable even though I could never afford the beautiful clothes she wears! a real down to earth Londoner! It might not even be true, but if it is, it’s great she still has a relationship with his sisters, and family. As they got together so young, she’ll have been very close to them I’m sure. And it’s great for Arlo too. Hope whatever the case is, she’s doing ok! but yes, shows you never quite know what’s going on behind closed doors.
Yup maybe they just want privacy.

Really really disappointed that she flew to Edinburgh.
To be fair she posts a lot of content after the event so if she went last week there was meant to be train strikes which got cancelled but too late for the timetables to go back to normal, I got caught up in it and it was bad.

Roseannanna

I really like Liv and have followed her for many years. Yes she's pretty privileged but she's quite humble too. She's been so honest and open about parenting. She's naturally very pretty and not false like many influencers.

slugella

VIP Member
Now her stories are like "before I had a child I didn't realise how expensive childcare is but now I do let's all support". And also saying in the same message that she wants disposable income again as she was good for the economy when she had it felt a little tone deaf... how much do you think she must be earning? She seems to do a fair few ads etc and gets lots of free trips. And a lot of the things she would spend disposable income on like clothes makeup holidays meals out and events, she often gets for free. Though I guess now being a single parent could have hit her financially.

To be fair, the second story is better and acknowledges how people with multiple children may be really struggling and that the job she has makes it easier.

I totally agree with the message so its good shes sharing it but the wording in bits was a bit eh for me. The prices of childcare are extortionate. I don't have kids but friends and family are really struggling at the moment making ends meet with the cost of nursery for their children.

Maybe I'm just at the end of my tether with influencers so being rubbed up the wrong way easily :LOL: might be time for an unfollow.

Gossipgirl69

I only asked cos I don't follow her/just casually looke every now and again and saw she posted a story mentioning that she's been talking about break-ups a lot in the last 18 months

Whatsgoingon898

Came here to see if anyone had mentioned Liv and Joe splitting up because I noticed his absence and her lack or rings. I remember at the time she got married if felt like all the influencers around my age were getting engaged, married, pregnant, etc, but I've noticed that a few seemed to split not long after.

I don't know if anyone follows Kim Turkington (Love Cloth – friends with Lizzy Hadfield and Lindsey Holland), but she seems to have stopped wearing her rings and mentioning her husband, too. Not sure if she ever announced anything though. I can't help but think of all the money spent on those gorgeous weddings!

Omg you’re so right about Kim.
- I had not noticed this until you clocked it ….. wonder what’s going on there…… she still follows her husband…..

imtakingabath

VIP Member
I think those comments were from the person she screenshotted, not Liv, because i thought the same thing at first.
You’re right! Makes a lot more sense tbh, it wasn’t in Liv’s usual writing style at all, and I was confused about her talking about the cost of childcare and having no disposable income but then saying she has family help for childcare at the moment.

Roseannanna

I don’t get this “i’m really burnt out” rubbish. She’s literally done nothing but have coastal holidays with her pals, all at some brands expense no doubt. “I’m really struggling blah blah… oh btw heres an advert for Very” does she live in her bedroom?! It’s the only room in her house she posts pictures of.

She hasn’t got a clue what it’s like to be burnt out or struggle. Unfollowed.
She's got a kid though. I think maybe since she's become a mum she feels like she's lost the cool indie kid vibe she slightly had. I feel very uncool these days too to be honest 😂

Roseannanna

I wouldn't be surprised, some people have no idea how much their lives will change after having a baby.

I think on some level our generation craves the milestones that our parents had such as buying a house, the big white wedding, having a baby before you're 30, etc. Sometimes I don't think people stop to think whether they really *want* all those things themselves, or if it's just something they always assumed would happen.
Very true. However, I know people who partied in their twenties. Now settled down with kids in their 30s. It’s actually really nice to people can grow too.

Roseannanna

I think shes out and about with her sister in law’s though. Who knows maybe she just wants to be private.