Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
"Where can I get some decent tights? Not Snag, I don't like them."

15 replies all saying Snag 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Or "I know this isn't what you asked, but..."
I have come to realise that a lot of the population are stupid, with poor reading comprehension. Your example above seems to happen all the time, people don’t seem to be able to read properly these days. :eek:

Reactions: 16

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
That a big pack of Warbutons crumpets is a pack of 9. Surely it’s the norm to have 2 crumpets a time so there’s always just one crumpet leftover 😅

• Haha

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
Wow, this colleague seems like the awful person. He turned up at a colleagues home without so much as a text first and then spoke badly of you! What an inconsiderate jerk.
I was so upset and mad we had a perfectly nice conversation about his dog
Turns out my husband had told him I didn’t want a dog, I’ve never wanted one because I’m allergic to animal fur and I don’t want one, my husband always makes a big thing about wanting one but I know he just likes the ‘idea’ of having a dog
Anyhoo apparently this bloke had brought his dog round to convince me that I should get one like his 🤷‍♀️ he felt angry that he couldn’t get his point cross about his dog
I didn’t know about the conversation they had had as far as I was aware he was some random bloke my husband works with who had knocked on to speak to him on his way to take the dog for a walk
But apparently he was making a sales pitch for dogs 🙈and I was awful for laughing at his jokes 🤷‍♀️and not treating him like some wise old dog whisperer and I didn’t thank him
And even typing it all Im thinking WTF

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
I've noticed a few shops now you have to push the red button on the card machine to decline them rounding up your total to the nearest £ for some charity you've never heard of!
And then they announce that they have donated £XK to charity when they haven’t given a penny of their own money

• Sad

qwikti

Chatty Member
Guys who when you show them something you're eating make really tactless comments about how BIG it is, and how they could NEVER finish it. Yeah, yeah, alright, mate - just get on with it and shout fatty. But at least I'm not suffering whatever weird relationship with food you've got to keep letting people know how you'd NEVER step foot near such calorific food or anything joyful, for that matter, at all.

Don't know why some men think girls are all calorie-counting salad-munchers who eat 3 almonds and sniff a piece of dark chocolate from across a room as a treat. I'll enjoy my dessert, thank YOU very much.

Shinealight

VIP Member
People who are always ill. Well, they’re not really ill, they just moan about their bad back, their head aches, they feel sick, oooh they’re so tired and on and on and on and on and on. I have every sympathy with someone who is really unwell, but this is just attention seeking and usually a way of getting out of doing their fair share at work.
Definitely this, especially those that always say they’re “full of the flu” when they have a cold 😠

ClaudHopper

People who are always ill. Well, they’re not really ill, they just moan about their bad back, their head aches, they feel sick, oooh they’re so tired and on and on and on and on and on. I have every sympathy with someone who is really unwell, but this is just attention seeking and usually a way of getting out of doing their fair share at work.
Or use longterm illness as an excuse for being flaky. A friend of mine was diagnosed with a chronic illness that is very manageable. She uses it as an excuse to stay in bed, skip work and anything not fun. Yet she seems to have a miraculous recovery if there's a night out or event on the cards. The rest of the time it's a pity party for one featuring lengthy Instagram posts about pain meds, hot water bottles and hospital waiting rooms. She forgets I knew her 20 years before she had any illness and she was bone idle then too 😵

• Haha

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
People not reading the fucking instructions.

Send a holiday let guest an email with directions, map, key safe code and alarm code. The latter are in the very first paragraph.

Phone call: we can’t find it! Can you give us directions? So I give them directions and ask if they got my email. Yes, they said. 10 minutes later, another call because they've set the alarm off.

It turns out they got the email but didn’t read it because it was ‘too long’.

Give me fucking strength.

• Haha

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Pictures of poorly kids on social media.

We know a family whose son has had some pretty serious health issues since birth, and he is currently in hospital. She's been sharing pictures of him every few days, along with updates. In these photos this poor boy looks so unwell, it can be quite upsetting to see. In most of them he's also naked apart from a nappy, with his various medical devices on show. It's just so unnecessary. The updates alone should be enough for anyone outside of the family. I've ended up hiding her because I don't need to see it.

I just wonder how the parents would feel if they were in that vulnerable position and someone publicly shared photos of them online.

• Sad

karmadrama

When you’re in a bad mood and try to put your seatbelt on but you pull it too fast so it locks so you then have to be really calm and pull it slowly even though being calm is the last thing you feel like doing 😂

• Haha

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
Im presuming this has already been mentioned but this will always be relevant: People on tattle who say "I haven't caught up on thread but can u update me on ....."

Why the fuck should I have to catch u up on 3 threads worth of activity because u went MIA and can't be arsed to go back?!

• Haha

emmer_moans

VIP Member
People, namely influencers, who call items of clothing "pieces". It's mass produced fast fashion tat from Zara love, not an iconic designer item from a bygone era 🙄
Also when said influencers go thrifting and call a top or dress from the mid 00's a "vintage piece" when it was also a mass produced piece of tat.

Hollie Day

VIP Member
Seeing sodding mince pies in the supermarket when the temperature in our house is showing 31°🥵

• Haha
  • Wow

JoJo76

VIP Member
When I clean the cat litter tray out and he immediately has to christen it when a fresh stinking turd :poop:

• Haha

Liverbird2003

VIP Member
Definitely this, especially those that always say they’re “full of the flu” when they have a cold 😠
I hate when people say they have flu, when it's just a cold. No pal, if it was flu you wouldn't be stood next to me at work. You'd be at home in bed, praying for any medicine to knock you out so you can sleep through the awfulness of the flu. I've only had it once and I wanted to die.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
People who use you. They're all over you like a rash because they want something from you, then as soon as they've got what they want they're nowhere to be seen.

• Sad

Tharsheblows

VIP Member
Yeah it's not even the fact you can barely understand what she's saying, it's more that she isn't even funny. Isn't that the main thing to master when you're a comedian...
Thank god! I was beginning to feel like the Tharsheblows family were the only ones to find her deeply unfunny! We avoid watching anything with her in it, as it just feels like everyone just panders to her because of her disability and is afraid to call her out for having no comedic talent whatsoever.
ps I know I’m going to the hot and firey place when I shuffle off this earth.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
How come on a work morning I can put on a full face of make up in 5 minutes, half asleep and it looks good but when I'm off out somewhere nice and allow myself a little extra time I cannot get it right 😡 .

• Haha
  • Sad